Author Topic: If David Lee has a Monster year  (Read 10153 times)

If David Lee has a Monster year
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:51:15 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And by monster I mean did what he did 2 years ago when he got minutes, in 33 mins he avg 18ppg 9rpg 2apg, If he does that this year motivated like I'm sure he will be. And Thomas scores like he does we have a real one two punch on offense and It could be a completely different look for the offense.

Re: If David Lee has a Monster year
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:50:28 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Agreed. I don't know how Brad will handle rotations, but a healthy Lee is a very good offensive player. More or less, what we hope Sully might one day become.

One of the dirty secrets of the post-all-star run, is that the starters (Smart, AB, ET, Bass, Zeller) played badly as a unit. This unit was extremely bad offensively and average defensively. It was the bench that carried us to victories. IMO, Lee for Bass changes the offense significantly, while not affecting the defense that much.

If Lee comes off the bench, the combination of say IT+Lee + spacers (AB+JJ+KO, for example) could be devastating.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 07:06:47 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Tbh I imagine right now in the Sac forums they have a similar thread entitled //If Cousins has a monster year// and it seems a much more plausible hypothesis to me  ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Since he had last year basically off ,  he should be healthy and rested and eger to play .   With the splash brothers ...you just aren't getting a lot of shots .  I can see him and Sully possibly having a nice season for Celtics.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Mid summer wet dream

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
David Lee is on this team to be pumped up and dumped off to the highest bidder, or barring that allowed to quietly expire.  He's not in our long- or medium-term plans no matter what happens.  So in the unlikely event he has a monster year, we'll probably start looking to trade him to a contender ASAP.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
David Lee is on this team to be pumped up and dumped off to the highest bidder, or barring that allowed to quietly expire.  He's not in our long- or medium-term plans no matter what happens.  So in the unlikely event he has a monster year, we'll probably start looking to trade him to a contender ASAP.

I second what Foulweatherfan says.  If Lee has a bounce back year and produces at the 18/9 per 36 level, he will be traded to a contender.  Further, my plan for him would be to bring him off the bench to play with IT.  There are two reasons for this.  Playing with the second unit will allow him to be featured more and "pump up" his numbers.  The other part of this is that he is likely not a starter for a contender but can be a very valuable big rotation player off the bench.  We should play him in that role so that other teams can see him being successful in that role.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think that depends on what Boston's record is.  I can't see Boston dumping Lee if it is leading the Atlantic or even looking like a 45 to 50 win team.  Now sure if Boston is headed for under .500 again, then I'd be surprised if he lasts the season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Would you settle for a Red Bull year?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
a healthy Lee is a very good offensive player. More or less, what we hope Sully might one day become.

How about a healthy conditioned Sully, for a start.   Something we have yet to see because of a lack of professionalism.

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Would you settle for a Red Bull year?

Chuckled. I think you make me happy.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 10:08:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think that depends on what Boston's record is.  I can't see Boston dumping Lee if it is leading the Atlantic or even looking like a 45 to 50 win team.  Now sure if Boston is headed for under .500 again, then I'd be surprised if he lasts the season.

I think a lot of fans would be very unhappy in that case, but I still think we'd do it if the trade was there.  I don't think Danny would be willing to pass up a deal that could improve the team in the long run just for a modestly better chance of maybe making the 2nd round.  Especially if resigning Lee is not at all in our plans (seems likely).  Success like that might elevate what kind of return Danny would want from a deal, but I just don't see it leading to us ruling out a deal entirely.

Problem is, of course, we'll never know if a trade is available until it actually happens.  So there'll always be a major element of guesswork.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I don't think anybody is trading us value for David Lee, even if he's putting up nice counting stats.

If David Lee has a nice box-score year, it'll maybe help the Celts win more games than they lose, and possibly even win a game in the playoffs.

Then his contract will expire, and hopefully some other team will offer him a multi-year contract for high annual value.  I hope he's here for just a single season, like Kris Humphries before him.  One year of giving time to David Lee is enough.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think a lot of fans would be very unhappy in that case, but I still think we'd do it if the trade was there.  I don't think Danny would be willing to pass up a deal that could improve the team in the long run just for a modestly better chance of maybe making the 2nd round.  Especially if resigning Lee is not at all in our plans (seems likely).  Success like that might elevate what kind of return Danny would want from a deal, but I just don't see it leading to us ruling out a deal entirely.

Problem is, of course, we'll never know if a trade is available until it actually happens.  So there'll always be a major element of guesswork.
agreed - I think a deal of Lee for more assets (picks and/or youth) is the end game for Danny.  A good run during the season for Lee just ups the expected return.  if no deal materializes by the deadline, Lee just plays out the season and we make the most of it.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What team out there is going to trade us value for David Lee?  Where would he be a good fit in a significant role? 

Keep in mind that he was traded to Boston so he could secure a larger role heading into a contract year, so it's unlikely any team is going to give us something significant just to plop him on the bench, knowing it'll make him and his agent pretty unhappy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain