Author Topic: Celtics open contract talks with Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger  (Read 5676 times)

Re: Celtics open contract talks with Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:28 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I understand the frustration with Jared Sullinger, but negotiating contracts in the NBA is a calculated risk.

Would you rather pay Sullinger 4-$48M before he has a potential breakout season, where his asking price can rise considerably (say... $12-20M over the life of the contract) or risk losing, a player you have already invested considerable resources in for the past 4 years, for nothing?

The Bulls lack of vision cost them over $30M with Jimmy Butler; a decision that is going to hurt there ability to re-sign Noah and Gibson after this season. Regardless of your opinion of Jared's work ethic/discipline/injury history, Jared is 23 years old, has shown the potential of a very good player, and, if there's a chance he will reach that potential, they should lock him up.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't mind Zeller extension but Sully is a no. I just don't care the stats Sully has had. I see the attitude plus conditioning issues and know that is a bad investment.

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 11:58:06 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I would extend Zeller and I want to extend Sullinger but it might benefit both sides to wait until the offseason with Sullinger. If he has a very good year we would have to pay a little more but I think it's worth it to pay more for a surer thing after seeing him play another year. But I would still be happy if we resigned him now.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio