Author Topic: Rudy gay might be available for trade  (Read 6277 times)

Re: Rudy gay might be available for trade
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 10:37:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think Sacramento is a prime team to trade one of their big players midseason. But the owner is going to have them roll it out and try to start with.

I also don't think they'll move Cousins this year, even if he demands a trade.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
What trade rumor with Chicago?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
in my honest opinion, they should keep Gay for now...they signed Rondo, so now they have Rondo, Gay and Cousins as their trio. They should at least try this out first half of the season and see if they can push for playoffs...unless Gay brings you a significant upgrade, I don't see why they would trade him now

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I am asking the same thing...the OP posted that Chi was trying to obtain Gay - BUT where is THAT rumor. this whole forum thread is based on nothing.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I am asking the same thing...the OP posted that Chi was trying to obtain Gay - BUT where is THAT rumor. this whole forum thread is based on nothing.

Come on. First thing I did was type Rudy Gay into Google. Bam, almost rocket science.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Come on. First thing I did was type Rudy Gay into Google. Bam, almost rocket science.

But what turns up isn't a trade rumor. It some idea based on Wojo's premise that Gay would be sent out before the Kings start to consider Cousins trades.

There is no trade rumor.

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/central/chicago-bulls/dont-believe-rumors-involving-rudy-gay-and-bulls/
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:37 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

But what turns up isn't a trade rumor. It some idea based on Wojo's premise that Gay would be sent out before the Kings start to consider Cousins trades.

There is no trade rumor.

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/central/chicago-bulls/dont-believe-rumors-involving-rudy-gay-and-bulls/

I've already posted this link on page 1 of this thread, but since nobody goes back to read other posters' responses, here is the most recent Rudy Gay trade rumor:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/58283/20150829/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-may-explore-trade-for-rudy-gay-to-strengthen-sf-spot-taj-gibson-doug-mcdermott-likely-part-of-package.htm

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm praying that the kings will have a losing record in the first half of the season..only then will the Kings start their fire sale.

One thing that could be a hindrance is Vlade being the Gm...even though he doesn't know what he's doing..it could manifest in him not knowing the true trade value of his players and asking for way too much OR he values weird assets in return such as other veteran players instead of young players and draft picks...I hope their assistant GM is able to help poor vlade out.

There's a good chance that we will be the favorites to land Cousins AND Gay together if we do.make a trade with them. I think if we land Cousins we will go for it all and might as well get Gay

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 06:27:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

There is no trade rumor.

I've already posted this link on page 1 of this thread, but since nobody goes back to read other posters' responses, here is the most recent Rudy Gay trade rumor:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/58283/20150829/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-may-explore-trade-for-rudy-gay-to-strengthen-sf-spot-taj-gibson-doug-mcdermott-likely-part-of-package.htm

thanks for doing that man- was trying to make a point.
Not hard to include a link in the OP if you're starting a discussion about trade rumors-particularly lesser known stuff like this in the off season.

There's a more efficient way of being on the same page rather than all of us search google and filter through the results every time a trade rumor topic emerges.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 06:44:24 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
"Rudy gay might be available for trade ".

meh...we're already average.

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 07:17:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
No help

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
after hearing the rumors about chicago trying to trade for rudy gay. SO i made trade for if the celtics wanted rudy gay what do you think
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qfucbsn

Next time Gay plays D will be a first

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Sacramento is a prime team to trade one of their big players midseason. But the owner is going to have them roll it out and try to start with.

I also don't think they'll move Cousins this year, even if he demands a trade.

Trading Gay for a handful of role players that might fit with DMC better seems like the first step they'd take.

I'm curious how they handle WCS.  He spent a few years in college so it doesn't seem like he should be a major project, but I'm not at all convinced he and DMC can exist on the floor together for significant stretches.

Do they hang onto him for a couple years even if he's playing 10-15 minutes a night because they want DeMarcus insurance?  Or do they try him out with DMC and hope that even if it's unsuccessful, he proves productive and they can trade him for a premium based on rim protection potential?

That pick just seemed very strange to me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain