Author Topic: what if marcus gets hurt-  (Read 3727 times)

what if marcus gets hurt-
« on: August 31, 2015, 08:52:55 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
why not think evan turner can't get better and he is only 26
last year was chaotic and turner stepped up and produced with a myriad of players,i think brad likes him and his versatility
--what if marcus does get hurt,rozier is not ready nowhere near ready YET
it will be all IT without turner
point guard is not really crowded with no phil pressey
-offensively marcus still has alot to prove and learn still and his savage defense takes it's toll  as seen this summer,the man is not indestructable although he plays that way
its the front court that is too jammed to give minutes-
turner is still very important in a long season and more valuable towards trade deadline

Re: what if marcus gets hurt-
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
just did some reading on amirs chronic ankle problem,he went like perry to P-3 but this problem when it occurs really limits his effectiveness from boxing out to release and to rebound--amir uses alot of tape and plays through pain but,the word CHRONIC in some of the articles is threatening
lee is 32 and dosen't seem to have a bad medical history but does his style truly suit the celts? i guess one has to take into consideration george wallace contract
seems that trader dan is accumulating pieces for flexability and trade deadline-doesn't this team need athletes not over 30's-sully and olynck should get more time not less, the same with zeller

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Turner is a UFA after this year. Given this, I'd still want to trade him as soon as you can a good return for him.

I think if Smart gets hurt you try to use Isaiah Thomas as your starting PG and Rozier as your backup. We're a really young team - if guys like Marcus Smart go down, we should be looking for opportunities to give more meaningful opportunities to other young players who we have locked up for multiple years. The risk of Rozier playing badly or Thomas being a worse fit as as starter is pretty low - it's not like losing games is a major problem for us.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why say stuff like this and curse the team?

If this happens, other people will play, it is that simple.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
you guys just can't give any credit to evan
injuries are part of game they do occur,rozier is an unblooded nba player and you consider him the backup point guard
outside isiah who creates off dribble-
rozier has trouble finishing-
marcus has just started getting to hoop but that was summer league,avery you got to be kidding
-so as much as some people complain ,it is quite possible turner continues to improve and help as point/forward--

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
As long as Turner is on the roster, I think he should be a starter regardless of who else is healthy. However, are you arguing that we shouldn't look to trade him because of the possibility of needing more ball handlers in case it Smart gets hurt? I don't think we're anywhere near the stage where we need to have contingency plans like this.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Bad what if game. I wanna keep Turner this year. Dump Young or  Jones.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
you guys just can't give any credit to evan
injuries are part of game they do occur,rozier is an unblooded nba player and you consider him the backup point guard
outside isiah who creates off dribble-
rozier has trouble finishing-
marcus has just started getting to hoop but that was summer league,avery you got to be kidding
-so as much as some people complain ,it is quite possible turner continues to improve and help as point/forward--

What browser are you using that posts in that format?  whatever it is needs to be destroyed with fire never to be heard from again. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i have had recent health issues that force me to post from bed holding computer with one hand,so some others that didn't like run on sentences suggested it-

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:24:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Turner should be traded because he's more or less hit his peak as a not-very-good NBA player. That's not to say that he's our best option at a position of need (namely: ball handler), but if Smart is ever going to be expected to take at least some of that responsibility I don't see much of a reason to dodge giving him an increased role.

Now, if Smart gets injured Turner does become more valuable to us, but this seems like a bad way to think about the roster: that's how you end up with a Jeff Green/Perkins swap.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
i have had recent health issues that force me to post from bed holding computer with one hand,so some others that didn't like run on sentences suggested it-
That's a bummer
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
thanks,just got back from spain and am well on the mend but get tired from residual effects of pulmanary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in other words blood clots-but put a ball near me and i perk up-

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
actually rollie, your posts are looking better now that you use the return key and hyphens. thanks for doing that.

as to your post, i see your value in turner, should smart get hurt. for me, i would rather take a plunge and throw rozier into a lot more minutes. maybe not starting pg, but a lot more minutes and see what he can do.

rozier is a good ball handler and can pass and certainly plays excellent defense. if (when?) he learns a better shot selection i think he will be a fine nba guard.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
lets say we are in a fight for a playoff spot who would you rather have rozier or turner-lets play hypotheticals again crowder gets injured-whos your small forward
-the celts play hard tough basketball,look how an ankle sprain effected marcus,again an ankle with kelly,a bad bruise isiah
part of the celts strength is it's bench and playing tough while other teams let up
one poster said they don't plan for injuries but some sports sites claim danny got lee and amir in case sully didn't lose weight
turner is a given but smart still has to become the point guard,shoot and get to rim,control the game and play his style of d--tall order
not that can't happen but he is only in 2nd year-

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
If we are fighting for a playoff spot, Turner is clearly the option over Rozier, and I personally would rather him start than Thomas (though that is VERY close). That's not the issue. The issue is do you keep stopgap players around when you could be trading them for long-term assets and letting your young players play.

If we got Lee and Amir in case of Sully, that's a huge mistake IMO.

Turner, Lee and Johnson are all here to help us win the battle, but won't be around by the end of the war.
I'm forum!