Author Topic: Trade Idea - WCS for KO and Turner  (Read 2085 times)

Trade Idea - WCS for KO and Turner
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:01 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
The boring August type of trade idea. I am looking for a way to trim the roster to 15, while getting value back. Not going well.

One of the trade candidates in my mind is WCS. The Kings MUST win now. A poor season might be a complete disaster. WCS is not going to help them win now. They also have Koufus at a reasonable contract for the next 4 years. At PF they have some Boogie minutes, some Rudy Gay minutes, but no traditional PF.

With that in mind, could we help them win now.

WCS + filler (can be D. Stockton) for KO + ET

It gives us the defensive big project, while easing the rotation a bit (WCS will not play a lot his first year). Losing ET.

It gives the Kings depth. KO is well matched with Boogie or Koufus. ET is better than their other SF back-ups and can play multiple roles.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Re: Trade Idea - WCS for KO and Turner
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:17:06 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
WCS is not going to help them win now.

Says who? One of his NBA-ready qualities is his defense, which is exactly why they drafted him since he's theoretically a great fit alongside Cousins.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 07:28:30 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

Says who? One of his NBA-ready qualities is his defense, which is exactly why they drafted him since he's theoretically a great fit alongside Cousins.

Fair enough. He is very valuable defensively. However, it is not something the Kings lack. Boogie is a good defender, Koufus - too. I could argue they lack offense on their bench more than WCSs defense.

How do you play WCS this year on offense if you are the Kings?

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I mean, sure, I'd do it 20 times over.  No way on earth SAC does it.  I'd be shocked if a better offer including Olynyk wasn't made on draft night for that pick, given how much Ainge was trying to move up.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Fair enough. He is very valuable defensively. However, it is not something the Kings lack. Boogie is a good defender, Koufus - too. I could argue they lack offense on their bench more than WCSs defense.

You might have a point on WCS but at least potential is there. On the other hand how do KO and Turner help kings win now? Neither of them are impact player.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

You might have a point on WCS but at least potential is there. On the other hand how do KO and Turner help kings win now? Neither of them are impact player.
Rondo can alley oop all day to WCS. He can run the floor and Rondo will find him.
WCS can go it with the best of them.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 10:44:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Bored?   Yeah SAC hangs up laughing.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Bored?   Yeah SAC hangs up laughing.

agreed.  Sac wouldn't touch that whatsoever

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I want you to spend 10 minutes pretending you're a Kings fan, and then really honestly ask yourself if this is something you'd be happy to see happen.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If this trade was at all possible it would've happened on draft night. If I'm a GM the first thing I think about is how Ainge bought low on Turner last season and now he's trying to sell high on him. I'm not going for it. Also, Olynyk's offense can be easily replaced. As for WCS defense...not so much

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
How many future 1st round draft picks will Ainge attach to his end of the deal?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Keep dreaming bro.