5 (20%)
No
11 (44%)
We need to add a pick or player
3 (12%)
We are giving up too much Henson stinks
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Poll: Would you make this trade  (Read 1664 times)

Poll: Would you make this trade
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:36:58 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 :) Henson had 4 blocks per 36 mins last year, tremendous reach 9'4" and wingspan 7'5". Last year of his deal so if the bucks don't want to keep him then they get something for him.
 Kelly is a better player right now and can stretch the floor for Monroe and the Greek Freak. 
 We would actually have real size and Defensive prowess underneath. Amir, Zeller, Henson, Sullinger, Mickey, Lee  that's a pretty stacked frontcourt.

Re: Poll: Would you make this trade
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Henson and Olynyk are both bench players in the NBA, they just have different skillset. I don't think Henson and Zeller could work as a tandem.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 And they wouldn't play together hardly at all.

How about Henson and Sullinger. Good mix.

Henson and David Lee. Or Henson and Amir that could be excellent Defensively and Amir can space the court.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:37:22 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Accidentally clicked yes
Meant to click no

But anyway young still has some potential as he is only in his 2nd year
It seems like we're just giving up on him for a player that would make us better in the short run

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 We could use Henson's defense and length right now and chances Young ends up being good is about a 10% chance.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Nah, he's not as good defensively as Johnson, he just gets more blocks. And for the future we have Mickey who I think has a higher ceiling. Would've liked to have him at the end of last year but not now.

Besides, I think Olynyk is a better, more effective player with a higher ceiling than Henson. Just swapping them is a win for Milwaukee in value, but they need Henson to provide defensive cover for Monroe. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

And can someone please tell me where this idea of dumping James Young off for a bag of coal is coming from? You don't just throw in a dude with that talent level after 1 season at 20 years old to "clear the log jam" or get under the max guaranteed contract threshold. That's ridiculous . Even if you don't like Young's prospects. Trading a 20 year old with his skillset for next to nothing a year after you pick him 17th is just not gonna happen

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I voted no.  KO is ahead of Henson right now in terms of development and Young, while I'm skeptical of how much better he will be, is still only going into his second year as a project player so I'm very reluctant to throw him into a deal where we're already giving up the better player.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 10:02:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I voted no.  KO is ahead of Henson right now in terms of development and Young, while I'm skeptical of how much better he will be, is still only going into his second year as a project player so I'm very reluctant to throw him into a deal where we're already giving up the better player.

HGH could make Henson an All-Star:-))  Maybe he could call Wade and Jameer Nelson and Lebron and found out where they are getting their stuff now that that Miami clinic got busted!!!

Smitty77