Author Topic: Kanye for President in 2020  (Read 22498 times)

Re: Kanye for President in 2020
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Eff it, if Trump can run, why not Kanye?

Maybe a trend will develop. Only requisites are fame and uncontrolled narcissism.
TP

still don't understand the fascination for this talent-less hack. 

3 biggest things he's known for aren't talent-related:
1. barging onstage to interrupt Taylor Swift at a music award show
2. hooking up with the country's other best known talent-less 'celebrity' Kim Kardashian
3. giving his kid an inane name "north".

would love nothing better than for this ass-clown to disappear from the national spotlight.

He does make great sounding records, though.
if by 'great sounding' you mean that sound they make as they're thrown against a wall, then yes, I agree.  otherwise, it's pure crap.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
 :P
From a sonic perspective he's got a lot of interesting ideas, particularly in the context of pop music.

I don't own any of his records, but calling him talentless just makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Eff it, if Trump can run, why not Kanye?

Maybe a trend will develop. Only requisites are fame and uncontrolled narcissism.
TP

still don't understand the fascination for this talent-less hack

3 biggest things he's known for aren't talent-related:
1. barging onstage to interrupt Taylor Swift at a music award show
2. hooking up with the country's other best known talent-less 'celebrity' Kim Kardashian
3. giving his kid an inane name "north".

would love nothing better than for this ass-clown to disappear from the national spotlight.

Very ignorant thing to say he is talent-less
hardly.  unless you're referring to his ability to knock up Kim K when all the other 'studs' were just passing her around like a joint at a Grateful Dead concert and decided she wasn't worth it, then sure, he's talented.

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
From a sonic perspective he's got a lot of interesting ideas, particularly in the context of pop music.

I don't own any of his records, but calling him talentless just makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about.
nope, I've heard him.  sounds god-awful.  admittedly I hate the vast bulk of rap "music" but I find his brand of noise to be particularly loathesome.

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I was watching on silent with subtitles on in a restaurant, so it's possible that without context I could be dead wrong... but I'm pretty sure he just announced he's running for President in 2020. Whatttt.
Is this a joke? Is he going to freestyle his speeches also

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 03:04:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

nope, I've heard him.  sounds god-awful.  admittedly I hate the vast bulk of rap "music" but I find his brand of noise to be particularly loathesome.

That's not what I'm talking about, though. You don't have to like it to know that it's good -- the vast majority of radio music, regardless of genre, sounds tremendous, and there's a reason some of these producers can command seriously high dollar prices for sessions.

It has next to nothing to do with "like" or "dislike" unless you're the kind of person who judges things exclusively on that criteria. Not that that isn't a perfectly valid way to measure things, but it does sound uneducated.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't really care for Kanye's music but I also hold the increasingly radical opinion among my aging white guy peers that music I don't personally like is still music, and can be worthwhile even if it's not my thing. 

As such I can recognize the guy's at minimum an exceptionally talented and creative producer despite some cringeworthy lyrics and an universal reputation as a conceited jackass.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:42:35 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's 2015 and people still aren't accepting of rap as a legitimate music form?

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Good news for Kayne if he decides to run and anyone tries to take him out he has Kim's every growing rear end to hide behind, imagine the size of that thing in a few years , just wow!

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's 2015 and people still aren't accepting of rap as a legitimate music form?

(smug uncle) you know rap is spelled with a silent "C", right?  8) (/smug uncle)

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That's not what I'm talking about, though. You don't have to like it to know that it's good -- the vast majority of radio music, regardless of genre, sounds tremendous, and there's a reason some of these producers can command seriously high dollar prices for sessions.

It has next to nothing to do with "like" or "dislike" unless you're the kind of person who judges things exclusively on that criteria. Not that that isn't a perfectly valid way to measure things, but it does sound uneducated.
when it comes to personal taste, then 'like' or 'dislike' is the primary way to judge things.  Music is very much one of those things. 

as far as rap goes, there's no musicianship that I could point to and appreciate.  For example, I can't stand most country music either but I can certainly appreciate musicianship that goes into it.   Rap is basically rhythmic speech.  while it does require some effort to become good at it, it's not nearly on the same level as someone who actually sings.  another example, I'm not a fan of Christina Aguilera's music but I can appreciate she has an incredible voice.

calling that uneducated is getting on a high horse to look down on others that don't share your viewpoint and you come across as an elitist snob. 

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

I don't like country music or classic rock, etc but I would never call them talentless.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

when it comes to personal taste, then 'like' or 'dislike' is the primary way to judge things.  Music is very much one of those things. 

as far as rap goes, there's no musicianship that I could point to and appreciate.  For example, I can't stand most country music either but I can certainly appreciate musicianship that goes into it.   Rap is basically rhythmic speech.  while it does require some effort to become good at it, it's not nearly on the same level as someone who actually sings.  another example, I'm not a fan of Christina Aguilera's music but I can appreciate she has an incredible voice.

calling that uneducated is getting on a high horse to look down on others that don't share your viewpoint and you come across as an elitist snob.

I think your the one that sounds elitist. And not knowing much about hip hop would make you uneducated about hip hop right?

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

The thing is: that's just incorrect. You're not talking about musicanship: you're talking about virtuosity, and conflating the two is misguided, to put it nicely. There is much more to music than what you're using to delineate 'real music' from 'pretend music.'

This is beyond genre preference. This is simply a matter of using a very limited scope of a conversation to define your entire contribution to the discussion. I know you're a lot smarter than that and it's kind of a bummer that you're not looking at it in a larger way, that's all.

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Celticsblog=sports radio