Author Topic: Kanye for President in 2020  (Read 22433 times)

Re: Kanye for President in 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 07:12:36 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Kanye West=Moron

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 09:01:44 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He has my vote... and yes I am somewhat serious.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He has my vote... and yes I am somewhat serious.

ROFL

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 09:31:13 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
He is running in 2020, Trump has no real chance of winning this time, no matter how the poles look, unless Trump runs again then we will never see that debate.

True, but I don't think this thread required logic.  ;D

Hey, buddy...

trying to give the people what they want

Not criticizing the thread.  It's all over the news and it's totally entertaining.  Although, I think when he sobers up in the morning, he will lose interest.  It's really not the best idea to speak in front of millions when high.

JK. But I watched on replay afterward and it did seem like an impulsive statement. So yea, I agree, whether it's tomorrow or in 3 years, I can see him losing interest / sobering up / realizing how insane the idea is.

So I guess Trump never sobered up?  Or he always acts drunk and/or high.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Eff it, if Trump can run, why not Kanye?

Maybe a trend will develop. Only requisites are fame and uncontrolled narcissism.

So business as usual, then?

Other than fame replacing money.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He has every right to run.   I hope he does it, it might be amusing.

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Maybe a trend will develop. Only requisites are fame and uncontrolled narcissism.
TP

still don't understand the fascination for this talent-less hack. 

3 biggest things he's known for aren't talent-related:
1. barging onstage to interrupt Taylor Swift at a music award show
2. hooking up with the country's other best known talent-less 'celebrity' Kim Kardashian
3. giving his kid an inane name "north".

would love nothing better than for this ass-clown to disappear from the national spotlight.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
He is running in 2020, Trump has no real chance of winning this time, no matter how the poles look, unless Trump runs again then we will never see that debate.

True, but I don't think this thread required logic.  ;D

Hey, buddy...

trying to give the people what they want

Not criticizing the thread.  It's all over the news and it's totally entertaining.  Although, I think when he sobers up in the morning, he will lose interest.  It's really not the best idea to speak in front of millions when high.

Possibly TMI, but I was on the toilet in a public restroom when I read this and totally busted up laughing. Thanks.... lol TP!

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

So business as usual, then?

:P  Guess so. Would this not be a new extreme? Too young and removed from politics to know..

I think anyone who looks at themselves in the mirror and says "yes, I could be President" is possessed with a very strong narcissistic streak.

It almost follows that anyone who looks at themselves in the mirror and says "yes, I could (or worse, should) be President" is someone we may want to immediately rule out.   It takes quite a bit of over-confidence to have the belief that you are capable of being a national/world leader.   I like confidence interspersed with a nice dose of humility.

Note that every president we've ever had for more than one term has been embroiled in some form of major scandal.  Examples: Nixon (Watergate); Reagan (Iran-Contra); Clinton (Whitewater; Lewinsky); Bush (Iraq/WMD; Katrina/FEMA); Obama (VA; IRS/Conservative targeting).    In other words, no one can really manage the magnitude of this job without some humility and the ability to acknowledge one's own limitations.  I don't trust that Trump really understands the difference in complexity between building your father's $50M real estate holdings into a multi-billion dollar empire and being the CEO of the United States of America.

That said, I have no doubt that Kanye could do it.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 11:17:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Agreed. That's an old Carlin bit, I think, something about finding the one person who says "no, absolutely not" and dragging him into office.

re: Trump, he's not a real candidate, he's not even pretending to be. I think the whole thing has shown just how willing people are to conflate wealth with capability, which is dangerous.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

TP

still don't understand the fascination for this talent-less hack. 

2. hooking up with the country's other best known talent-less 'celebrity' Kim Kardashian

would love nothing better than for this ass-clown to disappear from the national spotlight.

He does make great sounding records, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

TP

still don't understand the fascination for this talent-less hack

Very ignorant thing to say he is talent-less
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 02:37:28 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it'll be very sad if America somehow really votes Kanye into office...if that happens I'm moving to Canada

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
it'll be very sad if America somehow really votes Kanye into office...if that happens I'm moving to Canada

Luckily, it's the same situation as Trump -- they attract what are called "low-information voters", and those are the people who don't vote in Primaries. I don't think Yeezy runs as an independent.