Poll

Trade Evan Turner or waive Perry Jones?

Trade Evan Turner... I'd like to see Perry Jones get a real shot in the NBA (like Crowder last year)
29 (69%)
Waive Perry Jones, I'd rather have Turner's proven game for a playoff run & re-sign him in 2016
13 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: So does Danny trade Evan Turner or give Perry Jones a legitimate shot in NBA?  (Read 10525 times)

Re: So does Danny trade Evan Turner or give Perry Jones a legitimate shot in NBA?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 03:56:46 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Young had better D-League stats as a (younger) rookie, so he is arguably beginning his career arc from a higher starting point than Jones.  He has also whiffed in fewer opportunities, so he has fewer strikes against him, which leads to having greater future trade value.  If Young proved he was hot garbage last season, then PJ3 proved that he was even hotter garbage in almost twice as many NBA minutes.

You are massively overrating the value of "freakish physical gifts".
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: So does Danny trade Evan Turner or give Perry Jones a legitimate shot in NBA?
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Too early to say.  Let's see how PJ 3 looks in training camp and the preseason first. 

I do think Evan Turner gets undue criticism on this board; however, I also think that he doesn't have much of a future here beyond next year.  I also think his value is probably at its highest point after a pretty good year last year and that it will only decrease as Smart and Thomas get the ball in their hands more this year. 

So that said, if Danny feels that PJ3 plays well enough this training camp to show that he may have a long term future here, I'm fine with Danny trading away Turner (and potentially even cutting him).  But if PJ3 fails to impress, I'm 100% onboard with Turner being here another year and potentially even starting.