Author Topic: rj hunter gave summer league masterclass  (Read 4251 times)

rj hunter gave summer league masterclass
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
rj did so much right,he unfolded during later games of summer league and left me wanting more-from those dagger  like long threes,to almost half court passes for slamdunks,his patience in the paint led to kickouts ,some nifty passes and a few floaters
,the way he pulled down that too high pass and hit a fading away three,his ability to draw fouls on three pointers and those fade  away banks after drawing contact-he used that contact and adjusted
his persistant pursuit on d that lead to a blocked shot from behind
-but again my favorite was his ability to let the play come to him and patiently let the the play evolve before making his decision-from breakaways and euro step finish, too navigating into paint for a floater
to those too deep no thought threes-
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:04:43 AM by rollie mass »

Re: rj hunter gave summer league masterclass
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
The kid definitely has a chance to be special thats for sure.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
it strains credulity to predict with dead certainty such a shining future for a player who was picked 28th in the draft and has only played in the summer league.

summer league, it was only summer league. rinse and repeat.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 02:18:39 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

His everything Austin Rivers isn't or ever will able to be .

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
it strains credulity to predict with dead certainty such a shining future for a player who was picked 28th in the draft and has only played in the summer league.

[/quot  ===== summer league is summer league,i was just remembering how drawn i was to his performance and why
 also someone posted his draft express workout a couple days ago and i found that refreshing
 at the moment he is light years ahead of young in my opinion-

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

[/quot  ===== summer league is summer league,i was just remembering how drawn i was to his performance and why
 also someone posted his draft express workout a couple days ago and i found that refreshing
 at the moment he is light years ahead of young in my opinion-
I agree about Hunter being ahead of Young.

The upside to Young was suppose to be his athletic abilities but he seems kind of average to me. Hunter at least has nice length and his understanding of the game and shooting is better.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Yeah, I'm finding myself wanting more of his game too. i like his sniper like game, and the way it open things up for everyone. I really hope he's given enough good minutes with the C's

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:40 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

See, normally this is the opinion I carry all summer long.  But, I don't know, I've read a few of Rollie's posts now gushing over him and I'm kind of buying in.   What Rollie lacks in punctuation, he makes up for with a keen eye for basketball talent.   I haven't seem a minute of his play, but I'll climb aboard the RJ bandwagon based on the feedback I'm reading here.   

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nah

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

See, normally this is the opinion I carry all summer long.  But, I don't know, I've read a few of Rollie's posts now gushing over him and I'm kind of buying in.   What Rollie lacks in punctuation, he makes up for with a keen eye for basketball talent.   I haven't seem a minute of his play, but I'll climb aboard the RJ bandwagon based on the feedback I'm reading here.
Ha, ha, ha. Both are good points on Rollie. I am still waiting at the station before boarding the rj bandwagon. I hope he is all that is being said here. I will wait and see for now since I remember the Young bandwagon was in full gear last year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would love to believe that Hunter will be a world class NBA player. If it happens I'll be stoked -- I think we all will.

I don't know if Summer League is the right place to use to determine that, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 02:55:40 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
not from me,i claimed young was a example of why not to draft young and he needed another season at school but he was drafted as a project and still is
i watched evey red claw game i could and never saw any improvement in areas that needed it
he shot well but was nowhere near complete
at least this year, he has addressed his physique and attitude-soooo now its wait and see

back to rj,thanks for the compliment-i  can't wait to watch rj's nba journey,no matter what level he reaches
 it will not come from lack of effort,on and off the court-
he may be the kind of player that gets better with and against better talent
he says he doesn't want to be a one trick pony-
training season will quickly show the strengths and weakness's of our rookies-

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I like RJ quite a bit.  He seems like a smart player and clearly has shooting range.

Another thing I noticed about him is he has broad shoulders so he will be able to add muscle and fill out to an NBA body.

Summer league is rarely a good indicator of future success, so let's see what happens.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »

Offline takeittotherim

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Here's what I envision and it all takes place in about 60 seconds....

Smart steals and hits RJ out on the break, who pulls up from 28ft, bucket.  Crowd at the Garden gets excited, team gets energized.  Another steal, RJ pulls up from 30, bucket and crowd goes bananas!!! Next half court possession, RJ spotting up on the wing and the defense closes out too quickly.  RJ blows by and then hits a trailing Amir with a nifty one hand bounce pass down the middle for a two handed jam.  Opponent calls for a TO while crowd noise becomes deafening.

Can't wait for this season to get started.  A lot of teams are going to regret passing on him...

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
rj hunter gave summer league masterclass

already weeks ago Larbrd33 showed through exhaustive data comparison, that at least statistically, it was nothing special.

now people talk about the eye test, his movement, his body, you name it.

IMO all we know for sure is that he is a rookie with a good shot range.

It will take at least a few months into the season to start getting an idea of what his real ceiling is.