Poll

Will Zeller get more or less than 28 million from us or them.

Yes he will.
29 (63%)
No he will not.
10 (21.7%)
He gets exactly 28 million.
7 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Poll: Over Under Zelldog 4 years 28 million  (Read 4787 times)

Re: Poll: Over Under Zelldog 4 years 28 million
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Slightly over.
I think the max that Ainge will fork out is something like 4 years x $8.5 ($34 million).
Anymore and just let him walk.

What do the Celtics lose, really, if they sign him to something like 5 years / $50 million?

Do you think he'll be untradeable?  Do you think he'll eat up cap space the Celts might otherwise use on a better player?
Many die hard fans......

He should be traded as a backup center to a good team because that is what he is. Why please do people think this is football or hockey? NBA is a different platform and you need the right stars to win a title. So maybe we should focus on attaining just 1 star before we add depth.

I remember many of you laughed at the hypothetical Rondo and Gerald Wallace 4 IT Ben Mclemore, pick, absorb wallace's contract, and fillers......if only you knew that in a short time IT would be the best player on our team.....I guarantee tears would come down your face.

What on earth does laughing at that trade prove? We got more value for rondo and wallace in the trades we made.. Essentially we got David Lee and Jae Crowder plus some picks. And we ended up getting IT for Marcus Thornton!! That's WAY better than the sac package you mention.

There's more than one way to build a championship team. Sometimes it takes someone to succeed doing something different for it to be considered a success. Danny has set himself up well, now he needs to prove he can deliver using this model.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zelldog?? Lol

That's a different nickname I have seen

He is going to be traded

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He should be traded as a backup center to a good team because that is what he is. Why please do people think this is football or hockey? NBA is a different platform and you need the right stars to win a title. So maybe we should focus on attaining just 1 star before we add depth.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opportunitycost.asp

DEFINITION of 'Opportunity Cost'
1. The cost of an alternative that must be forgone in order to pursue a certain action. Put another way, the benefits you could have received by taking an alternative action.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

ll: Over Under Zelldog 4 years 28 million
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 09:36:30 AM »

Offline PutItInTheAir

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
have you seen contracts lately? big true 7 footers are hard to come by, hes 25, would avg 18 and 10 with 1 blk per 36min, shot 55%FG last year, good FT shooter, and commits little turnovers. hes got to become more aggressive under the rim on defense though. 6-8 million/year is pretty much back up money now

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm sorry..."Zelldog"?? Is this a thing?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Re: ll: Over Under Zelldog 4 years 28 million
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
have you seen contracts lately? big true 7 footers are hard to come by, hes 25, would avg 18 and 10 with 1 blk per 36min, shot 55%FG last year, good FT shooter, and commits little turnovers. hes got to become more aggressive under the rim on defense though. 6-8 million/year is pretty much back up money now

Zeller is a true 7 footer but has the length of a sf

I still cant believe his reach is 8'9-8'10

Zeller getting outplayed by Tristant Thompson was disappointing.  Unless its a good deal for the Celts, I expect him to be traded.

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
He's not starter quality, but he's not bad either...I just can believe we can't do any better.

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I was just thinking if we can lowball him 7-8 mil...then I did the math and it came out to be your title LOL. So yes, I think he will get/offered a 4 year @ 28 mil

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I was just thinking if we can lowball him 7-8 mil...then I did the math and it came out to be your title LOL. So yes, I think he will get/offered a 4 year @ 28 mil

I was going to base my opinion on the recent valuations on CB, w/e the consensus was, Danny has paid much more to the players. I was going to say more but consensus seams to be about 10m per and I would hate for Danny to pay him more. Because CB put it in the air, he will get 10m+. That or you guys overrated Zeller and underrated the other players.

Either way, Big Z is about to be paid very well. I would spend my first year money like a crazy person and be responsible after that. I would buy all types of stupid stuff, something like a penguin for my vacation home. @.@
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I was going to base my opinion on the recent valuations on CB, w/e the consensus was, Danny has paid much more to the players. I was going to say more but consensus seams to be about 10m per and I would hate for Danny to pay him more. Because CB put it in the air, he will get 10m+. That or you guys overrated Zeller and underrated the other players.

Either way, Big Z is about to be paid very well. I would spend my first year money like a crazy person and be responsible after that. I would buy all types of stupid stuff, something like a penguin for my vacation home. @.@

Thanks for bringing back my recurring daydream of having a pet penguin.   :P

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Thanks for bringing back my recurring daydream of having a pet penguin.   :P

I truly hate the cold but I would do it for a penguin. Don't understand why rich people buy animals that can kill you or ones where you need a lot of land and food to keep them. I'll take something the average person can't have/afford to keep and one most people think are cute or would be amazed to see that I have.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
5/50 is awful.  4/28 is probably palatable and what he deserves.  He's not a starter caliber player but a good backup/rotation big.

Slightly over.
I think the max that Ainge will fork out is something like 4 years x $8.5 ($34 million).
Anymore and just let him walk.

What do the Celtics lose, really, if they sign him to something like 5 years / $50 million?

Do you think he'll be untradeable?  Do you think he'll eat up cap space the Celts might otherwise use on a better player?

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Expiring contracts are good for trades  :P

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline Bdiddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
He is not worth anything near that. He is a very limited player and to tie up $7 mil per would be insane. Ainge should be looking to deal him as soon as possible to free up playing time. C's need to commit to Olynyk at center and see what he can do this year with consistent minutes at the 5.