Author Topic: My dream scenario  (Read 2186 times)

My dream scenario
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:45 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
After half the season Philly realise that there a spacing issues with Noel and Okafor and the point guard creation issue is beyond a joke so Phiily agree to a three team trade involving Noel to Boston, Smart, Nene, picks to Philly, Sully to Washington.

Then Red's luck smiles down us with the Brooklyn pick wins the lotto and we pick up Simmons who becomes our ball dominant forward centrepiece.

Noel/Johnson
Lee/Mickey
Simmons/Crowder
Hunter/Young
Rozier/ Thomas

Call me old fashioned but I would much rather draft our team and watch our team/players grow into stars, than trade for players who have already had half their careers at another team. I would love to trade for Noel because he is still so young and than he is a super talented locally born player who's brother all attended boston college as football stars.

Re: My dream scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't think Philly does this because (A) Smart & Nene may not be enough (B) Nene doesn't fit their projected timeframe for team development (C) if Noel doesn't fit next to Okafor, why would Nene?

if C's give up Smart and Sully for Noel, it wouldn't be horrific in terms of what the C's give up.

Can't see Washington happy with exchanging Nene for Sully even if Sully is younger and would even be cheaper as a RFA next year.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I don't think Philly does this because (A) Smart & Nene may not be enough (B) Nene doesn't fit their projected timeframe for team development (C) if Noel doesn't fit next to Okafor, why would Nene?

if C's give up Smart and Sully for Noel, it wouldn't be horrific in terms of what the C's give up.

Can't see Washington happy with exchanging Nene for Sully even if Sully is younger and would even be cheaper as a RFA next year.

I think Nene fits perfectly as he is an expiring $13 million contract!!!  But, I would NOT give up Smart!!!  I want to see what he develops into and I am not ready to see him explode for another team!!

Take care,

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Trading for Noel and getting a top 10 pick in the upcoming draft, while keeping Smart.

That's my dream scenario.

I agree about building up young players.  I would really like to see 2 or 3 under-25 players with legitimate All-Star potential on the roster.  If it's possible to achieve that without going through more low-win seasons, fine.  I'm OK with enduring losing if that's what it takes, however.

Just have to wait to see what Ainge can do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I think Nene fits perfectly as he is an expiring $13 million contract!!!  But, I would NOT give up Smart!!!  I want to see what he develops into and I am not ready to see him explode for another team!!

Take care,

Smitty77

An expiring contract is meaningless in this case, though, since they'really nit shedding major salary.  Expiring are only valuable to teams that have long term money they want to shed.  Philly has nine to shed and plenty of cap space (and expiring like Wallace) to absorb any big contracts they want to trade for
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 04:42:23 PM »

Offline Bdiddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I am glad you do not run the C's. Smart and Sully for Noel? So you are basically trading 2 of your best players for another teams 3rd string center. Just wait it out and take a shot at Noel in RFA.  Philly will not match a max offer for him.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So you are basically trading 2 of your best players for another teams 3rd string center.

Methinks you haven't been paying very much attention to the NBA, like, generally speaking.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
My dream scenario with Philly: Danny rolls the dice and swaps KO plus a couple mid-firsts (ours, Mavs) for Embiid. Embiid recovers from injuries and becomes a dominant 2-way center. Nets bottom out and we win the lottery (Simmons).

Smart/IT/Hunter
AB/Rozier/Hunter
Simmons/Crowder/Jerebko
Sully/Lee
Embiid/Johnson/Zeller

Now that's a team worth watching. These guys would be a powerhouse.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 01:16:08 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a bad dream scenario if it has Simmons.
My current slight to no chance dream scenario is Favors, Barnes and then Lab in the draft. The hows;
Trade 1 is PJ3, IT, KO, and 2018 Brooklyn 1st for Favors.
One of the Burks is coming off injury and Exum did go down so who knows may be it's a 2% chance now. Though I'd like to ship AB over IT, Jazz would rather get IT to fit that roster as Burk, Burke, Exum, Hood and Hayward have all shown they can play some SG already.

Trade 2 is Sully, Turner, Dallas 1st, C's 2016 1st, for Barnes.
Have a big feeling Barnes will break out and really hoping Warriors don't or are cap over-conscience. It's a good amount of of assets for a feeling so maybe Warriors bite. Sully is similar to what they lost in Lee at a much cheaper price. The picks and Turner can ease the loss of Barnes short and long term. Short term in Turner is good off the bench and long term in decent picks that are cheaper financially then soon to be RFA Barnes.

Brooklyn has bad season and lottery puts pick high enough to draft Skal Labissiere.

C's end up with
Smart/Rozier
AB/Hunter/Young
Barnes/Crowder/Jerekbo
AJ/Lee/Mikey (Lab replaces FA Lee after 2016 draft)
Favors/Zeller
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:50:25 PM by Csfan1984 »