Author Topic: Derrick Rose being accused of gang rape.  (Read 35903 times)

Derrick Rose being accused of gang rape.
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:28:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Uhh. Well. Uhh. I'm kinda speechless. True or not, this is still a shocking story.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/26/derrick-rose-sued-for-gang-rape/

Re: Derrick Rose being accused of gang rape.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This one is a bit hard to believe, but who knows...

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
- No police report or criminal investigation.
- A civil suit with the plaintiff requesting $2 Million.
- Plantiff dated Rose for 2 years

I'm sorry, but it sounds like a scorn ex-girlfriend looking for a quick and easy settlement. People who are accused of rape should be afforded the same luxury as the accuser, in that, identity should remain confidential until a disposition is reached. Even if Rose did nothing wrong his image and good name are forever tarnished.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I'm sorry, but it sounds like a scorn ex-girlfriend looking for a quick and easy settlement. People who are accused of rape should be afforded the same luxury as the accuser, in that, identity should remain confidential until a disposition is reached. Even if Rose did nothing wrong his image and good name are forever tarnished.

we will have to hear the truth, but it doesn't make sense

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:05:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

we will have to hear the truth, but it doesn't make sense
why would Paul Pierce have anything to say about this?

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:10:04 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This sounds insane, I don't believe it... but then again look at Darren Sharper.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Nuts, man. Even if he's never convicted, it's a nasty enough accusation that it'll probably stick with him.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Nuts, man. Even if he's never convicted, it's a nasty enough accusation that it'll probably stick with him.

Kobe Bryant seems to have come out fine from something he actually did.  Being falsely accused is no fun, if that's what this is, but for better or worse, most people just don't care if you're good enough on the court/field/diamond.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Kobe Bryant seems to have come out fine from something he actually did.  Being falsely accused is no fun, if that's what this is, but for better or worse, most people just don't care if you're good enough on the court/field/diamond.
What are you basing Kobe's guilt upon? I probably didn't learn enough about the situation to have a strong feeling in either direction, but I don't recall ever thinking "no doubt this is true," and I do genuinely find the issue to be a very serious one (and potentially horrible for either party, depending on the nature and veracity of the accusation).

But, why would we immediately negate the possibility that Rose horribly screwed up? I've always been a big Rose fan, but we don't know the personal lives these guys lead. And as far as Kobe coming out fine, I think it's a safe bet to assume a majority of people believed he was falsely accused. Whether or not that's true, I have no idea... but I'd imagine someone coming out fine after a rape accusation reflects public perception of the incident as much, if not more, than athletic performance.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:01:19 AM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:14 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

What are you basing Kobe's guilt upon? I probably didn't learn enough about the situation to have a strong feeling in either direction, but I don't recall ever thinking "no doubt this is true," and I do genuinely find the issue to be a very serious one (and potentially horrible for either party, depending on the nature and veracity of the accusation).

But, why would we immediately negate the possibility that Rose horribly screwed up? I've always been a big Rose fan, but we don't know the personal lives these guys lead. And as far as Kobe coming out fine, I think it's a safe bet to assume a majority of people assumed he was falsely accused.

I would say that majority resides mostly in Los Angeles. I'm not going to say Kobe did it but he did give the girl a very big settlement outside of court to drop the charges.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

But, why would we immediately negate the possibility that Rose horribly screwed up? I've always been a big Rose fan, but we don't know the personal lives these guys lead. And as far as Kobe coming out fine, I think it's a safe bet to assume a majority of people assumed he was falsely accused.

I would say that majority resides mostly in Los Angeles. I'm not going to say Kobe did it but he did give the girl a very big settlement outside of court to drop the charges.

Wouldn't that make sense, though? He has more money than he knows what to do with and the alternative decision would've carried on a horrible situation. IDK, I agree with you that a big settlement reeks, and I wouldn't assume someone could be guilty based on what I know about their fadeaway.

I just think in general that a rape accusation is very powerful and the terms in which we define rape are greatly muddied by a ton of factors. This is going way beyond the scope of Kobe / Rose, but I think what constitutes a "fantasy" for some may be a felony for others; what occurs when people are drinking could be perceived or recalled very differently when sober; what an individual wants/desires could be drastically different at different times... and all of these issues could be argued within the context of wrongdoing on behalf of either party (or even both). Messy stuff. Crappiest part about is is that it seems we tend to see outcomes similar to Kobe's that leave more questions than answers (and not for the sake of TMZ).

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 02:20:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Gang Rape. At least it doesn't sound too bad. Not..

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 06:24:27 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
This one is a bit hard to believe, but who knows...

I certainly have no idea, but stories with offbeat twists like this actually seem more credible to me than just a generic report.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 06:25:54 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

If that's to be the standard for alleged sex-related crimes, I see no reason for that not to be the standard for all crimes.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 07:15:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sounds like a revenge lawsuit .    Like the one the psycho babe had on NASCAR driver Kurt Busch last year .

If you got money ...there is always someone lurking in the weeds