Author Topic: Trade idea for Otto Porter  (Read 5893 times)

Trade idea for Otto Porter
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Wizards are in a messy situation. They lost Pierce, havent really brought in anyone worthwhile over the offseason. Lost Seraphin also.  Beal is up for a big extension.  Nene is frequently injured.  The wiz needs help in many areas and one guy they could trade to fill in the gaps is porter(they have Oubre as his potential replacement)

To Celtics: Porter, Nene
To Wiz: Sullinger, Zeller, Turner, Ab, 2nd round pick, future 1st swap option

Re: Trade idea for Otto Porter
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think the Wizards are a little too high on Porter to send him out before seeing if he develops this season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Porter is also going to be playing a lot of stretch 4 for the Wiz this year with Oubre at the 3.  I would do your trade Triboy, its a lot to give up for Porter but I would do it in a heartbeat, not sure of the Wiz salary situation and if adding Bradley would take them out of the running for Durant, but I have no clue on their salary situation.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Olynyk for Porter could work for both teams.

Washington desperately want a stretch PF to open the floor for Wall, Beal and Gortat. They haven't been able to find anyone to do that. Olynyk is still on his rookie deal so his contract wouldn't hurt pursuit of Kevin Durant next summer which is pivotal to any Washington personnel move. I think Olynyk would be a very good fit in that team.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
we take on nene give up four players and picks just for porter?

I dont get it... Way to overpay.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:55:47 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Washington desperately want a stretch PF to open the floor for Wall, Beal and Gortat. They haven't been able to find anyone to do that. Olynyk is still on his rookie deal so his contract wouldn't hurt pursuit of Kevin Durant next summer which is pivotal to any Washington personnel move. I think Olynyk would be a very good fit in that team.

I stand by my proposal a month ago of Olynyk and Turner for Porter.

To the OP, the loss of Seraphim is not something the Wizards are concerned about.  If they wanted keep him, they could have.  He signed late in free agency, the Wizards had his bird rights so could sign him to whatever, and they knew they'd still be under the luxury tax.  So they're not going to make a trade to replace him, since the easier option would have been to keep him.  Who is correct -- they want shooting from the 4.  Right now they're going to put Porter there a lot, but the coach is worried about him playing vs. bigs the majority of the time.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Stretch 4 or not, Porter is a legit 3 and D guy with youth and upside. In fact I bet they rather play Porter at the 4 than KO.

Bottomline KO is already close to his mid 20s has no upside and is a role player at best. I doubt Wiz have any interest in him.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't think it needs to be this complicated.  How about just Evan Turner and Zeller.  Maybe make them throw in a future pick.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't think it needs to be this complicated.  How about just Evan Turner and Zeller.  Maybe make them throw in a future pick.

Because they would want a stretch 4 not another Center.  They already have Nene and Gortat.  If you added Zeller none of the 3 can guard a 4 so it doesn't work. 

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:11 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Because they would want a stretch 4 not another Center.  They already have Nene and Gortat.  If you added Zeller none of the 3 can guard a 4 so it doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of going for Porter but I think Washington would want Turner to play SF.  He is a veteran who is not great but is reliable and versatile.  If we could get Porter for just Olynyk, I would be happy with that but I don't see Washington doing it.  In terms of Turner + Olynyk, I would rather have them take Zeller but I would keep talking with them if they insisted on Olynyk.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 12:00:25 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Stretch 4 or not, Porter is a legit 3 and D guy with youth and upside. In fact I bet they rather play Porter at the 4 than KO.

Bottomline KO is already close to his mid 20s has no upside and is a role player at best. I doubt Wiz have any interest in him.

Just because someone's 24 doesn't mean they have no upside. Especially a guy who grew to 7 feet late in his development. Olynyks issues have always been aggressiveness and mental toughness. That can be changed. The physical talent to be a very important player is there.

That said, I think Washington would want a little more for Porter.  A Sullinger/Turner/PJ3 and a 1St package might do it though. They would definitely need someone capable of playing the 3 at a decent level this year, as well as the stretch 4 and a future asset to even consider moving Porter Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Treading water. Pass on Nene when we still have Lee, Amir, and KO after the trade.

Not high on Porter, especially when we already have Crowder. We need shooting 2's and 3's and players taller than 6'10 that can actually defend the rim.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Porter is also going to be playing a lot of stretch 4 for the Wiz this year with Oubre at the 3.  I would do your trade Triboy, its a lot to give up for Porter but I would do it in a heartbeat, not sure of the Wiz salary situation and if adding Bradley would take them out of the running for Durant, but I have no clue on their salary situation.

Oubre isn't ready to play major minutes at the 3 on an upper-tier playoff team. He'll play, and Porter will spend time at the 4, but he'll be mostly at the 3.

I could see the Wiz moving Porter Jr though. Their drafting of Oubre and pursuit of Durant leaves them open to such a move. Turner would almost surely have to be involved on our end though. Not so sure how that would work with Wall and Beal though.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Just because someone's 24 doesn't mean they have no upside. Especially a guy who grew to 7 feet late in his development. Olynyks issues have always been aggressiveness and mental toughness. That can be changed. The physical talent to be a very important player is there.

That said, I think Washington would want a little more for Porter.  A Sullinger/Turner/PJ3 and a 1St package might do it though. They would definitely need someone capable of playing the 3 at a decent level this year, as well as the stretch 4 and a future asset to even consider moving Porter Jr.

AM thinking if this was true, Cs fans would not be looking to ship him off in trades at every opportunity ::) ::)

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Porter is their starting 3 with Pierce gone. They aren't trading him for our list of bench guys unless they have other deals lined up to trade them for a 3.

They aren't going to start Oubre when they want to contend in the weak east. They aren't Philly.