Author Topic: Trade Idea - Chicago Bulls  (Read 3744 times)

Trade Idea - Chicago Bulls
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
The Celtics still looking for a true center, I think I could have found a solution that helps both teams.

Celtics Trade
Kelly Olynky
Evan Turner
2017 2nd round pick

Bulls Trade
Pau Gasol

The Celtics would get a Center that would start for us.  While the Bulls receive a back up center/power forward with Olynky and Turner is a good back up for Rose or Butler.  The Bulls have been very impressed with Portis and wants to give him more minutes.  So Olynky and Portis would be there backup bigs and Noah and Gibson becomes the starters. 

Celtics Starting Five
Center - Pau Gasol
Power Forward - Amir Johnson
Small Forward - Jae Crowder
Shooting Guard - Avery Bradley
Point Guard - Marcus Smart

Back Up Five
Center - Tyler Zeller
Power Forward - Jared Sullinger
Small Forward - Jonas Jerebko
Shooting Guard - James Young
Point Guard -  Isaiah Thomas

Rotational Players
Center/Power Forward - David Lee
Center/Power Forward - Jordan Mickey
Small Forward - Perry Jones
Shooting Guard - R.J. Hunter
Point Guard - Terry Rozier

This team puts us at the max on a roster at 15, we can dress 13 and have two down in the d-league.  What does everybody think of the trade.  Personally I think it's a fair trade for both teams and gives each team needed players and Bulls a draft pick.  Also I think with this trade we'd be able to resign Jared Sullinger at the end of the year, I think he has a huge year, specially if he's our 6th man for our big men.   

Re: Trade Idea - Chicago Bulls
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I know Gasol's on the backend of his career but I don't think the bulls would think that's enough for him. 

assuming the Bulls were up for this, I'm not sure I like it for the C's if only because I don't see them as good enough at this point to be adding older veterans that would be considered the 'final pieces' of a contender.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:34:44 PM »

Offline PutItInTheAir

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
this might get the Cs to the second round, but pau isnt a building piece at this point. this trade also puts lee at a rotational player, i think it was his understanding he would be getting some playing time, as deserved. i do however like the idea of pau and amir at the 4 and 5

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:37:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would much rather have Noah if we're looking at players on the wrong side of 30 from Chicago. Also, he's a center who likes playing center, which is becoming a rarity.

That said, I would absolutely make this trade -- and I don't think Chicago agrees to it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
I know Gasol's on the backend of his career but I don't think the bulls would think that's enough for him. 

assuming the Bulls were up for this, I'm not sure I like it for the C's if only because I don't see them as good enough at this point to be adding older veterans that would be considered the 'final pieces' of a contender.

With Gasol being on the back end, I think that's why the Bulls would pull the trigger on this.  They'd gain a stretch 4/center in Olynky with this year and next year, Turner as a one year rental an possibility to resign to a good deal to back up both Butler and Rose.  The Celtics I think do this, giving us a true center that would help us win more games.   It lets Amir Johnson play his more natural position as a Power Forward.  Also lets Sullinger come off the bench an for us to see if he stays in shape and really wants a new contract, and makes Zeller a back up still if we want to resign him which they've talked about. 

Also adding a veteran to that will actually get big minutes would be nice.  Yes, adding Lee was a nice piece to add a veteran but he didn't really play much last year (good and bad).  Also Gasol adds some defense and is an inside scorer as well. 

So I'm wondering why you don't think he'd be a good piece to add for really Olynky who's young an talented but won't see as much time being on the back end of the rotation it seems.  Turner who is great for us, but is still a valuable piece for a trade.  A second round pick where we have to many picks to actually draft players and keep them, we got them as assist to trade.  But saying this about Olynky and Turner are both pieces the Bulls need as well, since Gasol is an odd man out but still could be the starter. 

I'm wanting to know your thoughts because maybe I'm missing something.   

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
I would much rather have Noah if we're looking at players on the wrong side of 30 from Chicago. Also, he's a center who likes playing center, which is becoming a rarity.

That said, I would absolutely make this trade -- and I don't think Chicago agrees to it.

Yes, I'd like Noah to, but I'm looking at contracts and also keeping the core the Celtics have while bringing in talent.  Also having a Gasol as an offensive weapon since at times our offense stalled. 

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
this might get the Cs to the second round, but pau isnt a building piece at this point. this trade also puts lee at a rotational player, i think it was his understanding he would be getting some playing time, as deserved. i do however like the idea of pau and amir at the 4 and 5

Even if this gets us to the second round it's an improvement.  We'd be building the young guys we have and moving forward.  Yes, Pau isn't a building block but neither is Olynky, Turner or a second rounder.  Yes, Lee would become a rotational player, but this also works in our favor.  It's not about what he's understanding is, it's a business and we're in the league to win games.  He just basically rode the bench last year and won a title.  He knew coming to Boston he wouldn't win a title in all likeliness, but has a chance to play a little more.  He'd still get some playing time specially if injuries were to happen which more then likely do.   

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So you think the bulls would trade a guy that averaged 18.5/11.8 and was an all NBA 2nd team selection for our cast off pieces and a second rounder (I don't even know why you included our 2017 pick, it's likely to go to the Nets as part of the first round pick swap, and even if it doesn't it would be too late in the draft for the Bulls to care about it) because they're younger?

The Bulls are still competing and they have a really nice team right now.  If they plan on moving one of their starting bigs I can guarantee it would be Noah, not Gasol, ESPECIALLY since Noah makes almost twice as much
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't see why Chicago would do this trade at all.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
i do this and then flip Gasol at the deadline for a first round pick.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:48 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Bulls are going for it in their minds and aren't going to trade Pau especially for that limited amount.  Remember he was almost a 20 (18.5PPG) and 10 (11.8 RPG) guy last year and you don't get those on cheap contracts for 50 cents on the dollar value.   

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
there is no way Chicago trades Pau for that pile of dung (and yes I'm exaggerating the dung part).  It would take major assets to land Pau.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Most poetry is fiction, as is this trade as it is so one sided for us.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:27 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This is a trade idea that clearly came from a Celtics fan.

Not even close to reasonable. Pau is an all star. The Bulls want to win now. There is no way they trade Pau for those low value assets. Teams that want to win don't trade elite players for run of the mill guys unless there are chemistry or contract issues.

The Celtics would do this because they are stealing Pau and could immediately trade him for a better future asset. The second round pick doesn't matter to use with all our picks and ET is disposable.

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:17 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Smoke another one brother!