Plus Brooklyn 2016, Boston 2017 First's

Heck Yeah
11 (30.6%)
No. Way too much.
14 (38.9%)
Yes if we can keep Smart.
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Smart, Avery, Sully, Zeller picks for DMC  (Read 3185 times)

Poll: Trade Smart, Avery, Sully, Zeller picks for DMC
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:14:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 In my dream After we trade for Cousins Durant chooses to sign here. As for next year it would leave us with this team.

Cousins, Amir, Mickey
 Amir, David Lee, Kelly, JJ
 Crowder, Turner, Perry
 RJ, Rozier, Young
 Thomas, Rozier

That team would actually be fun to watch until Durant arrives and we win three in a row.

Re: Poll: Trade Smart, Avery, Sully, Zeller picks for DMC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if it's those 4 players and only those 2 picks (realizing that the 2017 is really going to be the Nets pick) then I'd probably do it. 

I don't think Cousins is the only piece we need to add and getting Durant is dreaming but we'd definitely look more interesting to other FA's coming on the market in the next couple of years.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I like the idea of getting DMC, but I think if I'm the Kings I would want different people.  I'd be looking more long term and wanting young players on maybe longer contracts.  I think I'd be looking at Rozier (4 years), Bradley(3 years), Zeller(1 year), Young(3 years), Turner(1 year) and Olynky(2 years), it would probably take 3, 1st rounders.  With giving up these players and picks, I'd want in return Cousins and McLemore.   

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I want to retain Smart as much as I can, if that is waht it takes to get DMC, then so be it, but I'll probably ask

"OK, if we take Smart off the table, can this still work, what else can I throw in"

I'd throw 2 first rounders if it means Smart is off the table

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Makes very little sense for SAC.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

On the other hand, Sacramento doing something that makes little sense makes a lot of sense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

On the other hand, Sacramento doing something that makes little sense makes a lot of sense.

Sure, but if there's an obviously better package on the table -- which will probably be the case if Demarcus is on the market -- even a stupid team will probably take the better deal.

The only way the Celts could have a package that trumps all others is if the Nets pick ends up in the higher end of the lottery and the Dallas pick is in the 8-10 range.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The answer should be of course.

The reality is that they probably wouldn't accept it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »

Offline Bdiddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
What is all the hype about Cousins? What has he done for Sacramento that makes anyone believe he will lead the C's to a Championship? I would argue that all he has proven so far in his career is that he is a "numbers" guy. He can put up 24 and 12 but he does not have the leadership skills to lead a team. 
And trading Smart, who does have those skills before seeing how he can develop his offensive game, would be foolish. C's need to stay the course, the 2016 draft should yield a quality 3 and 5.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Cousins is arguably the best center in the league. Sacramento's front office (and by extension, their roster, coaching hires, and general management maneuvers) is a dumpster fire. Bringing a player who can average 24-12 under the most adverse circumstances possible to an organization that is as far removed from the chaos in NorCal as possible is a good idea, particularly if we can hang onto Smart in the process (that's a poll choice, if you missed it).

There is a very high likelihood that no center drafted in the 2016 draft will be better than DMC. Pining for 'staying the course' seems like something born out of obstinate rather than critical thinking.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 03:55:15 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think smart is untradeable

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 04:01:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no one's untradeable in the league except probably Lebron, Durant and Anthony Davis and that's provided none of them makes a public display of wanting to leave their franchises.  Certainly no one on this team is untradeable.  I'm not saying Smart should be given away but if OKC offered up Westbrook for him, I'll pack Smart's bags personally.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think a lot of the guys proposed in this deal would not get squat aside from Smart.  Its fantasyland to suggest anyone wants Zeller, or Sullinger until he has proved he is in shape.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
LOL @ the people saying No, that's too much.

Cousins / Amir / KO / Mickey
Amir / Lee / KO / Jerebko
Crowder / Turner / Jerebko / PJ3
Turner / Hunter / Young
IT / Rozier / Turner
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
in this hypothetical is there protection on the 2017 pick? since we swap with Brooklyn that year and all. personally i dont like Cousins enough to do this unless both Nets picks are at least top 7 protected, and even then im only reluctantly giving up Smart.