1 (2.5%)
Harden
0 (0%)
Westbrook
1 (2.5%)
Al Jefferson
11 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Poll: Which player would you Love to see win a title.  (Read 4034 times)

Re: Poll: Which player would you Love to see win a title.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Copied from other thread...

I'll actually say his teammate, Gasol. Gasol has been a class act his entire career, represented his country in FIBA, never even considered bolting from Memphis for a bigger market, has done a lot of community work in both Memphis and Spain, and has been the NBA's best center for the last few years.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Joakim Noah = plays like a Champion. Team first all the way. Effort. Intelligence. Leadership.

Agreed.  Also I want Paul Pierce to get another one.  And of course, Marcus Smart, so long as he is a Celtic.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
AC Slater
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Chris Paul seems like a tough person to say you would 'Love' to see win a title, he does not exactly do anything to endear himself to the fans. In fact, you could say that Chris Paul is almost someone to route against, he just seems like the only guy on the Clippers who does not want to have any fun ever.

If you are going to go Chris Paul I would counter with Derrick Rose who is also I little tough to take at times but has gone through a lot with his knees and criticism. The Bulls have another good team this year, why not route for Rose instead of Paul? When Rose is on he is much more fun to watch than Paul because his dunks and drives are simply amazing for a guard. A Bulls vs Thunder, Rose vs Westbrook Finals sounds extremely entertaining, I do not see Paul delivering quite the same level of stunningly entertaining basketball.

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »

Offline Salesgod

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 7
  • ANYTHING. Is possible.
How did you manage to pick so many guys I don't like  :P ;D

It has to be Big Al. Yeah, Marc Gasol is cool but Big Al has had KG syndrome with the teams he's played on. I'm sure we all dream he will come to Boston for a discount once again someday.

If I could choose anybody in the league mind you, it would be Blake Griffin. Dude is majorly unappreciated because of his natural gifts and his calamity of a team. Future MVP imho.
"Power is ego" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Probably Durant.   I like the idea of Z-Bo from whoever mentioned it in the other thread too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Joakim Noah = plays like a Champion. Team first all the way. Effort. Intelligence. Leadership.

This is a good post.

Also +1 to the memphis crew and Vince Carter.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 11:42:55 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
whichever one of those guys ends up on the Celtics.  I don't want to see any other non Celtic win a title.  Maybe I'm just old school...

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I like the Grizzlies and I like Gasol, so Id like to see him win one. That being said, its probably more important to me that the Clippers and Cavs dont win

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the C's aren't going to win the title every year, then I would like to see Durant get a ring.  Not sure where I want to see him win that ring though.  OKC would be fine, Boston would be fine.

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
whichever one of those guys ends up on the Celtics.  I don't want to see any other non Celtic win a title.  Maybe I'm just old school...

TP....my thoughts precisely.....and I'm definitely "old" school.

I formulated my head my response to this thread, and it's a paraphrase of yours:

" any of them as long as they're a C when they win".

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 12:48:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I can get behind that line of thinking, but my least-favorite argument in any 'who was better than whom' discussion in regards to athletes in general is "how many rings do they have? Well, I guess they weren't winners then." That sort of stuff irritates the hell out of me.

Patrick Ewing was better at basketball than Robert Horry, for example. I would have loved to see Ewing win a title so that the conversation could be cut off right there, even if it meant the Knicks would've won (ew).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I voted Chris Paul. Flopping aside, I love his game so much. Especiailly because I don't think he ever came back 100% from the injurise he had in New Orleans but he's still the top PG in the league year after year. He works as hard as anyone in the NBA, can control the game in a number of ways, and doesn't seem to care about the bs that a lot of NBA players go for.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

TP....my thoughts precisely.....and I'm definitely "old" school.

I formulated my head my response to this thread, and it's a paraphrase of yours:

" any of them as long as they're a C when they win".

Maybe it is that we're the old guys, but I can't relate to caring about any player other than a current Celtic winning a title.    I care that Celtics win and Lakers lose.  To everything else, I am indifferent. 

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Probably Durant.   I like the idea of Z-Bo from whoever mentioned it in the other thread too.
:D it was me but i did have to second the noah vote, might not like playing against him but that is a key addition to our current team
man could we put out a great defensive team!