Author Topic: Anybody have a Kegerator ?  (Read 9778 times)

Re: Anybody have a Kegerator ?
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Hey, so I am picking up a kegerator off craigslist on Friday.  Anybody know how long a 1/2 keg of bud light will last when pressurized by C02 and kept at an appropriate temp? 

Im trying to determine if I should get a half or quarter barrel

EDIT: just to confirm im not lazy I did google this but have seen differing answers

It will last a while, but I'd buy quarter-keg if I were you.

Well, actually I'd make my own beer and use Corny kegs (5 gal) but for what you want, I think the odds of you ending up wasting a significant amount of beer are way higher with a half-barrel keg (which if you think back to college parties, those are the regular kegs you'd get). That's like 170 beers. If you figure you have a healthy habit, 2-3 beers a night, plus figure friends account on Sundays for another 10-15 beers, you're talking about a month to go through a half-keg.

I was reading online that a keg can go up to 2 months in a kegerator when kept at temp with C02 pressure.  I just ordered my first keg, 1/2 barrel for 75 bucks for bud light The quarter barrel for budlight was 59.  I figured getting double the beer but risking losing some to waste for $16 bucks was worth it.  (If the keg does last 2 months)

I don't think its a bad move during football season. Especially if you can host your friends. You won't waste much if any then (aside from spillage). But I would not target keeping that keg open and tapped for 2 months.

Trust me, that's not the target  ;)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Does anybody on the blog have a Kegerator they would recommend ?

Got promoted at work and this is my victory lap that my wife signed off on. 

Started off solid, then

Looking in the 550 dollar range, want to hold a half barrel of bush light

Are you hosting frat parties?  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Does anybody on the blog have a Kegerator they would recommend ?

Got promoted at work and this is my victory lap that my wife signed off on. 

Started off solid, then

Looking in the 550 dollar range, want to hold a half barrel of bush light

Are you hosting frat parties?  ;D

I'm enjoying a nice casual Busch light right now!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16