Author Topic: Jared Fogle's Wife Katie Fogle Files for Divorce  (Read 2532 times)

Jared Fogle's Wife Katie Fogle Files for Divorce
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jared-fogles-wife-katie-fogle-files-for-divorce-read-the-documents-2015208#ixzz3jgR6vVWC

Obviously can't blame her. Quick question, if she divorces him and takes half of the $15 million fortune he has obtained, is she able to keep that money even after the onslaught of civil suits from Jared Fogle victims?

Re: Jared Fogle's Wife Katie Fogle Files for Divorce
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I haven't followed this story closely, because it's gross, but I thought they found stuff on his computer, not evidence he was physically molesting anyone.  If so I doubt there'll be many civil suits.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I haven't followed this story closely, because it's gross, but I thought they found stuff on his computer, not evidence he was physically molesting anyone.  If so I doubt there'll be many civil suits.

They did find evidence that he had relations with several minors and participated in the prostitution of minors. I believe part of his plea deal is that he has to pay the victims restitution.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
For whatever reason I am pretty sure this is the slowest boringest offseason ever. This post is an excellent example of how bored we were this off season.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

He copped to possessing child **** (that was produced by the head of his foundation and long-time close friend, who was arrested months ago) and also admitted to having sex with at least two underage girls.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:38 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Whelp...

We ll. probably get a least one new " South Park" episode out of this.....

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a scumbag. 

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

They did find evidence that he had relations with several minors and participated in the prostitution of minors. I believe part of his plea deal is that he has to pay the victims restitution.

He copped to possessing child **** (that was produced by the head of his foundation and long-time close friend, who was arrested months ago) and also admitted to having sex with at least two underage girls.

Thanks for the update.  Yeah he's probably screwed financially as well as freedom-wise.  No idea if there's any kind of stipulation made for the wife, but as long as it's shared property it seems like it'd be vulnerable.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's screwed financially, but there's a faint expectation out there that he'll get a relatively light sentence due to paying restitution and copping a guilty plea.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He's screwed financially, but there's a faint expectation out there that he'll get a relatively light sentence due to paying restitution and copping a guilty plea.

I just read that as part of the plea, his lawyers would not ask for less than five years and the prosecutors will ask for less than 13 years.  It also said that he will pay restitution of $100,000 to each of 14 victims.  I assume the victims will file additional law suits.  Sick, sick man.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/19/us/subway-jared-fogle-charges/