Author Topic: If you were a GM would you be calling Danny to inquire about TZ, KO or Sully?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, yes. And I would also seriously consider trading of them (I'd trade Zeller because he has the least upside). I really don't see room for all 3 of them in the rotation with Johnson and Lee here, and that's not even counting getting Mickey or Jerbenko any time (or playing Crowder at the 4 in small ball lineups).

Now I wouldn't give anyone away. But if someone wanted to give us something worthwhile for one of them, I'd jump on it, because whoever rides the pine will just see his value go down as the season progresses (and that's another reason I'd move Zeller--I think we'd be selling high on him, whereas with Olynyk and Sully I think we'd be selling low at this point).

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
"Hey, I'll give you a second rounder and an expiring for ____."

"No thanks, we think he's a useful young player, that's not nearly enough."

Later:  "Report: Danny Ainge willing to trade _____, but asking for major haul in return."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
"Hey, I'll give you a second rounder and an expiring for ____."

"No thanks, we think he's a useful young player, that's not nearly enough."

Later:  "Report: Danny Ainge willing to trade _____, but asking for major haul in return."
This is legit

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
None of the above, to be honest
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Zeller, Kelly, and Sully are the type of young players you'd be happy to have on your bench on a rookie deal, but not the kind you'd trade significant assets to acquire.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would guess the obvious answer would be "depends on what team that GM works for".

Zeller --> if I need a solid back up center
Sully --> if I need a PF that can give me solid rebounding and scoring around the basket with the potential to be a starter
KO --> if I need a PF that can stretch the floor and provide a little of everything on offense.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if i'm another gm, i'm not excited.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Zeller, Kelly, and Sully are the type of young players you'd be happy to have on your bench on a rookie deal, but not the kind you'd trade significant assets to acquire.
This. There probably aren't many GM's sniffing around these guys because they aren't exactly high profile. But each brings something to the table and if there are any contenders out there looking to improve their dept, I'd think they'd be attractive to teams with similar shaped holes.

But I don't know that we could get anything better than a late first rounder or a pair of late second rounders.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008