Author Topic: If you were a GM would you be calling Danny to inquire about TZ, KO or Sully?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Other GMs to Danny:  "Hey , is X available?  I can offer Y for him" 
Danny:  "Just waiting it out at this moment. Talk to me closer to the trade deadline"

I wonder which teams has an eye for or watching KO, Sully and Zeller closely.  If they have already contacted Danny about their availability and what kind offers he has received. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:55:54 AM by triboy16f »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
As a GM;
If I need a backup Center to use in a heavy rotation for 25 mins than I am calling DA and offering a top 20 protected first for Zeller.

If I need a low post PF who can rebound and cap is an issue for me than I would offer a rotation SF "for C's" and a pair of 2nds for Sully.

And if I need an glue/hustle big to work off the bench and just move the ball to my scorers. Than I would offer a "project/out of my teams rotation" player and maybe take on some salary for KO.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As a GM;
If I need a backup Center to use in a heavy rotation for 25 mins than I am calling DA and offering a top 20 protected first for Zeller.

If I need a low post PF who can rebound and cap is an issue for me than I would offer a rotation SF "for C's" and a pair of 2nds for Sully.

And if I need an glue/hustle big to work off the bench and just move the ball to my scorers. Than I would offer a "project/out of my teams rotation" player and maybe take on some salary for KO.

+1

I can see also a team like the Jazz interested in KO. Jazz were rumored to draft him a few years ago if the Celts didn't snatch him earlier

I can see the Pacers liking either Zeller or Sully.  Replace for the loss of Hibbert or West. 

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
As a GM;

+1

I can see also a team like the Jazz interested in KO. Jazz were rumored to draft him a few years ago if the Celts didn't snatch him earlier

I can see the Pacers liking either Zeller or Sully.  Replace for the loss of Hibbert or West.
Those are good team fits. Blazers could also want all three if any of their offseason moves don't pan out.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A problem with building the trade value among our guys is that we are so deep with comparable talent that we haven't been able to showcase guys. It'd be hard for teams to consider whether or not a guy on our team is a "good player on a subpar team" over the past few years. Fear is that it'll only be worse this year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
A problem with building the trade value among our guys is that we are so deep with comparable talent that we haven't been able to showcase guys. It'd be hard for teams to consider whether or not a guy on our team is a "good player on a subpar team" over the past few years. Fear is that it'll only be worse this year.
What is an even bigger problem is when he builds up guys that are on last year's to just let them walk in FA or over pay them. Building up last year contract guys  is horrible if you dont pull the trigger in a trade.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What is an even bigger problem is when he builds up guys that are on last year's to just let them walk in FA or over pay them. Building up last year contract guys  is horrible if you dont pull the trigger in a trade.

Yep, agreed. It's going to be a rough year, development-wise, necessarily. I just hope we gain more than we lose.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Tyler Zeller and it's not even close.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would wager not many, GMs at all.   The fact he upgraded the frontline speaks volumes of this assertion.   If he was trying to raise their value, why get Lee and Amir?   If he trusted them, why get Lee, Amir and resign Jonas?

No one, is going to call about Sully until he shows conditioning on the court this year.  TZ and KO probably have higher value than a guy who ate himself out of shape and had a stress fracture as a result.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We have decent rotation guys and I would think maybe teams tried to take advantage of this depth by offering future draft picks in an effort to get a good deal. DA knows a decent rotation guy is worth more than a draft pick and that injuries happen and depth matters so he's holding on.

What he'll try to do is something where a team is really close to a top seed and having a good year. Maybe a team like the Bulls...then a guy like Mirotic gets hurt and so does M Dunleavy. So they get Evan T and KO for several things like two draft picks and Doug McDermott or Tony Snell or something.
Or maybe even they're having issues of various sorts with Noah so Ainge sends them Sully and Lee or something.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
We have decent rotation guys and I would think maybe teams tried to take advantage of this depth by offering future draft picks in an effort to get a good deal. DA knows a decent rotation guy is worth more than a draft pick and that injuries happen and depth matters so he's holding on.

What he'll try to do is something where a team is really close to a top seed and having a good year. Maybe a team like the Bulls...then a guy like Mirotic gets hurt and so does M Dunleavy. So they get Evan T and KO for several things like two draft picks and Doug McDermott or Tony Snell or something.
Or maybe even they're having issues of various sorts with Noah so Ainge sends them Sully and Lee or something.

Depends on the draft pick.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Tyler Zeller could be an excellent back up Center. Brings energy, has legitimate size and has shown he can finish.

I'd inquire for him, and see if I could trade for him without giving up too much.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
as a few others have said, it depends on my team. but generally, i think KO would pique the most interest. I think KO has the potential to anchor and stabilize a 2nd unit. He'll never win SMOY but he can be invaluable.

- LilRip

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
just curious, but which players are you referring to here? is sully among them? if so, then i am sure how danny could have "showcased" him much sooner given the injury and lost time earlier.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
just curious, but which players are you referring to here? is sully among them? if so, then i am sure how danny could have "showcased" him much sooner given the injury and lost time earlier.
Well if DA pulled the trigger while building up Bass, Crowder, Jerekbo, and Gigi this wouldn't have been an issue for me. I dont mind if you build up and trade. But if you are not trading them  then they needed to play a lot less last year as team needs to develop other players. Young and KO particularly could have used their PT. The results speak for themselves, 2 of the 4 walk and the other two cash in while KO and Young have very small growth.

This year's examples would be Turner and Lee. Sully and Zeller are not as they are still under control to some degree.