Author Topic: JR Smith officially back with Cavs  (Read 9842 times)

Re: JR Smith officially back with Cavs
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
For all his flaws, Smith seems to be a guy most players think of as a pretty good teammate -- and he's never complained publicly about playing time or roles or anything.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 12:56:29 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Is this a great move for either side? I feel like the Cavs would have been better off with Crawford as some bench offense in a trade with the Clips (not sure how it works salary wise). It seems like Crawford offers a lot of what Smith does and doesn't carry the risk of screwing up a game/playoff series.

J-Craw is 35 while Jr is 29

J-Craw needs the ball to be effective while Jr excels best when he spots up

J-Craw plays zero defense while Jr is capable of playing average to solid defense

Jr is a much better fit and it aint even close.

With Love said to be integrated into the offense more and Mosgov seemingly feeling more comfortable on offense, is Smith really going to be happy with the number of shots he gets?

Well he did just re-sign after becoming a FA so I'd imagine he is perfectly happy with his role.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Is this a great move for either side? I feel like the Cavs would have been better off with Crawford as some bench offense in a trade with the Clips (not sure how it works salary wise). It seems like Crawford offers a lot of what Smith does and doesn't carry the risk of screwing up a game/playoff series.

J-Craw plays zero defense while Jr is capable of playing average to solid defense

With Love said to be integrated into the offense more and Mosgov seemingly feeling more comfortable on offense, is Smith really going to be happy with the number of shots he gets?

Well he did just re-sign after becoming a FA so I'd imagine he is perfectly happy with his role.

oh god my favorite "not a cavs fan" returns with their completely unbiased and independent views on a random team

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

oh god my favorite "not a cavs fan" returns with their completely unbiased and independent views on a random team

Eh, he's not wrong - JR does play better defense than Crawford, and an off-ball bench scorer is a much better fit with the Cavs than a ball-dominant bench scorer.

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

As always when some counters your points with common sense and logic, call him a Cavs fan. Would have thought you learnt from the Klove saga by now. Oh well ::) ::)

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
For all his flaws, Smith seems to be a guy most players think of as a pretty good teammate -- and he's never complained publicly about playing time or roles or anything.

D.o.s you are usually on the money with your stuff, but I think never was way to strong a word to use here (and not accurate)

2014 - upset after not playing in an overtime game
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-upset-sitting-ot-suns-article-1.1580511

2014- benched for complaining about playing time
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/jr-smith-reportedly-benched-for-complaining-about-playing-time/#YZbB8Q8oeFOjJZY7.97

2013 - Got upset with woodson complaining about his shot selection shoots one shot against Boston in apparent retaliation

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blowup-woodson-smith-shooting-struggles-continue-article-1.1548898

2010- vague but was got in an altercation with a nuggets training member after being in Karl's doghouse and seeing reduced playing time

There is probably more here.. I can't imagine his teammates were happy with his shoe laces routine and times he got himself benched in the playoffs for bad shot selection (denver).

edit: I somehow lost two of my links, but I think you get the gist. He has had occasional complains about playing time and shot selection in multiple organizations...

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

As always when some counters your points with common sense and logic, call him a Cavs fan. Would have thought you learnt from the Klove saga by now. Oh well ::) ::)

The thing is you only post about the cavs and it always undeniably pro-cavs. You post on no other team and then insult everyone's intelligence by claiming you are not a Cavs fan. That is the part that is annoying. I have tons of respect for some of the fans of other teams we have of other teams on here, particularly one's that can you give you a balanced view of the teams they support.

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Eh, he's not wrong - JR does play better defense than Crawford, and an off-ball bench scorer is a much better fit with the Cavs than a ball-dominant bench scorer.

I don't necessarily dispute that. Although I think it also says that neither side was thrilled with the arrangement since it took to end of August to complete the deal.

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Great move for the Cavs. Smith has baggage but he was rejuvenated in Cleveland this year, and what he did for them doesn't happen all that often with mid-season acquisitions. I think he could be even more lethal this season, especially after he no-showed in the finals and will again be playing for his next contract.

Now if only they can work out this issue with Tristan Thompson.

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

I don't necessarily dispute that. Although I think it also says that neither side was thrilled with the arrangement since it took to end of August to complete the deal.

So you dont dispute what he is saying but you previously said

Is this a great move for either side? I feel like the Cavs would have been better off with Crawford as some bench offense in a trade with the Clips

Thats makes a ton of sense doesnt it ::)

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

The thing is you only post about the cavs and it always undeniably pro-cavs. You post on no other team and then insult everyone's intelligence by claiming you are not a Cavs fan. That is the part that is annoying. I have tons of respect for some of the fans of other teams we have of other teams on here, particularly one's that can you give you a balanced view of the teams they support.

foulweatherfan and MJohnnyboy just talked about how this was a great move. Arent you going to accuse them of being pro-cavs?? I mean c'mon they actually had the audacity to engage their brains and come to an un-biased opinion.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

foulweatherfan and MJohnnyboy just talked about how this was a great move. Arent you going to accuse them of being pro-cavs?? I mean c'mon they actually had the audacity to engage their brains and come to an un-biased opinion.

Zubi... I don't how much simpler I can explain this to you. The two posters you mentioned comment on lots of other topics and threads and tons of stuff about Celtics. I respect their opinions and contributions to the blog.

You on the other hand have only posted on Lebron, Kevin Love and Jr Smith threads and at that, in an extremely flattering pro-cavs manner while often taking on a very condescending attitude towards the Celtics posters. I was originally curious as to why you did this, and it would be fine if you just said you were a cavs fan and enjoyed talking about them (with some good natured trash talk mixed in). It got a bit annoying when you claimed you were not a fan of the Cavs and only hear to dispel the stupid celtics fans that thought Kevin Love would leave and then continued with your routine. 

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 02:39:02 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

Zubi... I don't how much simpler I can explain this to you. The two posters you mentioned comment on lots of other topics and threads and tons of stuff about Celtics. I respect their opinions and contributions to the blog.

You on the other hand have only posted on Lebron, Kevin Love and Jr Smith threads and at that, in an extremely flattering pro-cavs manner while often taking on a very condescending attitude towards the Celtics posters. I was originally curious as to why you did this, and it would be fine if you just said you were a cavs fan and enjoyed talking about them (with some good natured trash talk mixed in). It got a bit annoying when you claimed you were not a fan of the Cavs and only hear to dispel the stupid celtics fans that thought Kevin Love would leave and then continued with your routine.

As always, you cant argue any points about the Jr/JCraw situation with facts or logic. Same way you couldnt do so with the Klove situation.

Ever think maybe I wouldnt come off as condescending to you if you were actually capable of presenting facts or sound logic to counter my points instead of just scream as loud as possible that I am a Cavs fan.

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table.

One of the greatest quotes of all time! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:46:04 PM by zubi.anaba »

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

D.o.s you are usually on the money with your stuff, but I think never was way to strong a word to use here (and not accurate)

2014 - upset after not playing in an overtime game
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-upset-sitting-ot-suns-article-1.1580511

2014- benched for complaining about playing time
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/jr-smith-reportedly-benched-for-complaining-about-playing-time/#YZbB8Q8oeFOjJZY7.97

2013 - Got upset with woodson complaining about his shot selection shoots one shot against Boston in apparent retaliation

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blowup-woodson-smith-shooting-struggles-continue-article-1.1548898

2010- vague but was got in an altercation with a nuggets training member after being in Karl's doghouse and seeing reduced playing time

There is probably more here.. I can't imagine his teammates were happy with his shoe laces routine and times he got himself benched in the playoffs for bad shot selection (denver).

edit: I somehow lost two of my links, but I think you get the gist. He has had occasional complains about playing time and shot selection in multiple organizations...

Yowzer. Looks like I'm off base. Good catch.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Point of order - no one should respect my opinions, they're really bad.