Poll

Who would you rather trade for?

Nerlens Noel
16 (32%)
Demarcus Cousins
34 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Would you trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins?  (Read 8648 times)

Re: Would you trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
This question doesn't really equal out.  Yes, Demarcus Cousins is the best center I think in the game right now.  So if we have to trade starters, bench players and picks, I'm not doing it.  If the package is right then I'm doing it.  Everybody wants to say sell the team for him, we did it with KG and Allen and it won us a title.  The difference is we had a Pierce already an all-star.  So in Noel is coming to us for say Rozier, KO, Young, and one 1st round pick, maybe one 2nd round pick, then I'm pulling trigger fast.  I'm not giving up Smart, or someone like Bradley, unless it's strictly Bradley and a 1st and 2nd. 

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm curious if this is a joke thread or did the thread creator just seriously ask if a trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins is more preferable? While I await the answer I will say that if you prefer Noel over Cousins you prefer worse players over much better players. I feel bad for Cousins that the thread creator put Noel in the same sentence as him. How exactly do you compare a team USA/all-star center to Noel whos biggest accolade is playing in the rookies vs sophomore game, the same game that Kelly Olynyk played in. Why be so disrespectful of Cousins basketball skills? It is perplexing.

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 02:10:11 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I'm curious if this is a joke thread or did the thread creator just seriously ask if a trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins is more preferable? While I await the answer I will say that if you prefer Noel over Cousins you prefer worse players over much better players. I feel bad for Cousins that the thread creator put Noel in the same sentence as him. How exactly do you compare a team USA/all-star center to Noel whos biggest accolade is playing in the rookies vs sophomore game, the same game that Kelly Olynyk played in. Why be so disrespectful of Cousins basketball skills? It is perplexing.

I second this. I'm pretty surprised that votes for Noel are now in the double digits :o

- LilRip

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 07:41:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I second this. I'm pretty surprised that votes for Noel are now in the double digits :o

I've gotta assume that some people who voted for Noel are taking into account the cost of Noel vs. the cost of Cousins and choosing Noel because they don't want to give up what it would cost for DC.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I've gotta assume that some people who voted for Noel are taking into account the cost of Noel vs. the cost of Cousins and choosing Noel because they don't want to give up what it would cost for DC.

Mike

I voted for Noel in part because he'll be a restricted free agent whereas Cousins will be unrestricted, so there's very little risk Noel would leave.  I do think there's a real chance Cousins will be lureable as a free agent, so the longer it takes to acquire him, the less value there is in doing so.

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We've got Bingo!  TP!  You have to take in account the relative package it would take to acquire the player in a question involving a trade.  The question was not -- who is the better player? 

The question is who would you rather trade for?  So you need to account for player ability, team fit, youth, upside, cap space, as well as trade package required in the acquisition of either player.  Sorry I didn't make that more clear.  :-)

Mike