Poll

Who would you rather trade for?

Nerlens Noel
16 (32%)
Demarcus Cousins
34 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Would you trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins?  (Read 8661 times)

Would you trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins?
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:19:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Sixers have a surplus of bigs after drafting Okafor so Noel might be available for the right price.  Celtics have inquired in the past?

The Kings owner has taken the stance that he doesn't want to move Cousins yet, but reports have been that the Kings coach, George Karl, wouldn't mind if Cousins were moved.  Cousins trade rumors persist?

Both of them are talented bigs who could impact our franchise if we acquired them but would likely require a king's ransom package.

Of these two who would you prefer to trade for, and how much would you give up?

Re: Would you trade for Nerlens Noel or Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Cousins in a HEARTBEAT

to me at least in this era, Nerlen is more a Tyson Chandler, a good defensive player who can give you some points every now and then, but mostly a rebound a D guy

Cousins is Bosh, KG, or whoever you're thinking of. Almost the full package, what you want for a star. Offensive, rebounds.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
depends on the package.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Would I rather have Lebron James or Paul George? Lemme think about it.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Seriously?  Neither of these players are comparable to Lebron or Paul George.

Nerlens Noel is a young and still unproven big who was taken #6 overall.  Philly just drafted Okafor (#3 overall) who might be an even better player.  And they also have Embiid (#3 overall) on the roster.  There is a surplus here and the Sixers have holes.  So one of those bigs could go.

Demarcus Cousins -- the trade rumors are there for a reason, Cousins and Karl are not getting along.  Read the article linked.  Although the owner has said he'd want Cousins to stay, how long can Cousins last in Sacramento if him and the head coach can't see eye to eye?

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I would trade a treasure trove for either player.  More for Demarcus, but I think Noel is a very good young player who will continue to get better.

I'd do what I could to avoid trading Marcus Smart, but I'd be willing to trade pretty much anything else.  For Cousins, I'd be willing to trade Smart, too.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd rather trade for Noel, even though Cousins is a more talented player overall. A few reasons.

1. Defense is still the #1 thing I want to see in a big man, and Noel can be a special defensive player.
2. Noel is on a rookie contract, and when it expires he'll be a UFA. Cousins makes $15m/yr, and when his contract expires he'll be unrestricted.
3. We're trying to build a team of high-character guys. Ideally you want your best player to be someone that's going to make everyone around him better, not someone that'll cause drama.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline cooz14

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 5
Impossible to know which one without knowing what the cost would be. It has to come down to the cost/benefit of the trade.

In a vacuum, Cousins is clearly the better player. However, based on what it would take to trade for him, it might be more beneficial to trade for Noel. Not that I think that either of them is Boston bound any time soon.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 05:26:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Like Both

I think Nerlins would be the better fit overall with Coach and the current roster .

Cousins ....is going to hang a banner somewhere ...someday ......he is too good not to.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 05:36:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would rather give up a lot of assets for DMC.

I like Noel, but he isn't anywhere near the caliber of player DMC.

I'm so high on DMC, because he is the only Center right now that can be the first 3 and D 5.

He can pass, he can defend, orchestrate an offense... He can hit the mid range, post up, and block/steal... Literally hes the best center in the league, and when you have the chance to choose between a good defensive center that can become the next Tyson Chandler, and a potential Hall of Fame dominant center similar to Shaq... You get Shaq every frickin' time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNdK7t2r2GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuyeOwrOVwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT5UyyeIpLQ
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
DMC is the better player presently, but that being said, which ever one was cheaper is who I try to get as both are upgrades to our present Cs.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Seriously?  Neither of these players are comparable to Lebron or Paul George.

Nerlens Noel is a young and still unproven big who was taken #6 overall.  Philly just drafted Okafor (#3 overall) who might be an even better player.  And they also have Embiid (#3 overall) on the roster.  There is a surplus here and the Sixers have holes.  So one of those bigs could go.

Demarcus Cousins -- the trade rumors are there for a reason, Cousins and Karl are not getting along.  Read the article linked.  Although the owner has said he'd want Cousins to stay, how long can Cousins last in Sacramento if him and the head coach can't see eye to eye?

Thetruthfor18 is not saying that either are comparable to Lebron or Paul George he's saying the drop off from Cousins to Noel would be similar to the drop off between Lebron to Paul George, which I'd say is pretty fair.

Lebron and Boogie are both players that you design your whole team around where George and Noel are players that can fit into a system and fill in a lot of the holes that other players leave from lack of athleticism.

At the end of the day you pick Cousins over Noel every time just like you would pick Lebron over George every time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:56:39 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 06:25:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm basically in line with everyone else. Cousins is obviously the more talented player and seems like a guy you can build a championship team around. The question is whether he can get his head in the game long enough to get that done. Maybe a little stability would help him in the respect, but the Celtics need to establish some stability of there own.

I'd love to get Nerlens. If there was a way of packaging some of our vets to get him I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think Philly is going to part with him, but he is the type of player I'd love to see come to Boston.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 06:32:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My head says Cousins. My heart says Noel. So I'll take Anthony Davis.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Is this a trick question? 

I mean in all honest, you're talking about the best center in the entire NBA.  Compared to a defensive role player who doesn't have the potential to ever be the best center in the NBA. 

To answer the question I'd take Cousins over Noel. 

I'd also take:
* Anthony Davis over Paul Millsap
* Lebron James over Draymond Green
* James Harden over Kris Middleton
* Steph Curry over Marcus Smart.

You get the drift! :D

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:59:37 PM by crimson_stallion »