Poll

The team that we trade with is Charlotte to let you know the value.

Yes. It would clears the logjam and pick up some OK assets.
26 (37.7%)
No. He's too valuable as a playmaker.
32 (46.4%)
I would only trade him for a late first.
11 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders  (Read 10261 times)

Re: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Turner in Indy didnt' work at all but Frank Vogel didn't seem to know what to do with him and couldn't really adjust on the fly when they were already the best team in the league, record-wise (which I think they were at the time). And let's not forget that Lance Stephenson was the main reason that team went in the tank. Indy ran away from him the next offseason and then he couldn't get time in Charlotte, who have already sent him packing. I don't think it's fair to blame Turner for any of that.

Turner had a ton of value to this team but a lot of it was because Marcus Smart wasn't ready to be a PG yet and because Avery Bradley is a SG in a PG's body (and an undersized PG at that). Smart's development and the drafting of Rozier changes that need. Rozier won't be able to step in immediately but Turner's ability to play PG and guard 2's and 3's made Bradley way more effective. That's still going to be true this season (until Rozier and Hunter can handle some responsibility which could be a while) but if everything goes according to plan he's going to become less and less necessary.

For all those reasons, I think the best the Celtics could do would be to feature him this season and let other teams see that his strong all-around play last year wasn't a fluke and try to get a first rounder for him or, better yet, package him along with some other pieces for a logjam-clearing prospect.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade ET and Young for couple ham sandwiches .

Sully ...is always hungry.... ;)

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Shaq, that's actually an outstanding point. If we trade Young and Turner for a wholesale food supply, that's a win win.
 I would hold out for an organic food trade though.

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Shaq, that's actually an outstanding point. If we trade Young and Turner for a wholesale food supply, that's a win win.
 I would hold out for an organic food trade though.

Killing two birds with one stone ...... ;D

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope.

Trading one of our best overall players for 2 second rounders makes no sense.

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Once again I find myself fascinated by how "handles the ball a lot" often translates into "one of the team's best players" for many fans.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
OK, I am sure this is going to start a fracas but how about:

Turner and Young
or
Turner and Zeller

for

Otto Porter (Wizards)

My premise is that the Wizards are more win now and would prefer the more predictable contribution of a veteran over the less reliable but promising Porter.  For the Celtics, Porter slots perfectly behind Crowder for now with the idea that he is the future impact SF for us (maybe, hopefully).

Trading Young would mean that one of Rozier and Hunter would probably stay with the Celtics (over D-League) as we lose potential minutes at the SG by giving up both Turner and Young.

I would also consider pairing Turner with Zeller as I don't think he is going to play much this season with Johnson and Olynyk getting most of the C minutes and Mickey available for the deeper bench depth.  Turner and Zeller might get us Porter and a future pick of some sort.

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2015, 06:30:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Once again I find myself fascinated by how "handles the ball a lot" often translates into "one of the team's best players" for many fans.
People don't think he was one of our best players last season just because he handled the ball a lot, it's because when he handled the ball a lot we tended to win games. He was a reliable crunch time player and his ability to play PG made Bradley a much more effective player. He generally made guys better when he was on the floor.

He's not a star and I think his usefullness will dry up when some of the youth on the team develops and can fill what he does (hopefully better than he does it) but I don't understand denying he was one of our best players.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

"Mishandles the ball a lot "

;D