Poll

The team that we trade with is Charlotte to let you know the value.

Yes. It would clears the logjam and pick up some OK assets.
26 (37.7%)
No. He's too valuable as a playmaker.
32 (46.4%)
I would only trade him for a late first.
11 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders  (Read 10282 times)

Re: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
As for Turner, I am happy go keep him around. He is on a cheap contract, is extremely versatile, and basically does everything that made people so mad about Jeff Green (high assist/rebound numbers). I like the idea of Jones III, but is his potential really that sky-high?

Well, like chyah his potential is like off the charts high. Like you wouldn't believe it.

I mean, do you remember that time he scored 33 points against the Clippers, then followed it up with 20 points and 16 points the next 2 games after that, and then never came close to replicating that for the rest of the season? Or how OKC clearly was just taking the time to develop him by not playing him in the playoffs ever and acquiring role players that play his position so that he'd be out of the rotation? Or how OKC gave the Celtics a 2nd round pick just to take him off their hands?

Perry Jones III is that elite wing we've been searching for. We just don't know it yet.

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 10:56:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm ok with trading him if only because he's a mediocre talent and while he provides a little of this and a little of that while on the floor, I think we need to get Smart's development moving along a bit faster.  Same for Crowder's development at the 3.

I wouldn't trade ET just to avoid cutting PJIII though.  ET has shown he's a rotation player.  PJIII, not so much

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 11:25:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

(4) Hits too many game winners for us to tank

::)  Yeah.  That's the same reason people wanted to trade Jeff Green, isn't it?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 06:46:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Nope, no way. He has the most tradeable contract on our team. People often say "We should keep X for now because their value will increase at the trade deadline" Of all those players, ET will see the biggest increase in value. He'd be a perfect compliment to a lot of contending teams at the deadline.

If there is a good 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal that needs Turner's contract to work I can see him gone, otherwise he's on the opening night roster.

If anyone gets salary dumped/cut it'll be Jones or Zeller. Jones I'd like to give a chance to. Zeller is what he is, a great backup center. But if people want to see KO stay then that will be the role he plays, so does that push Zeller to 3rd string? For me, that is enough reason to let Zeller go.

I'll caveat all this by saying I'll be sad to see any of them go. But Zeller is my pick if it's a salary dump...

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 07:10:56 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Let me ask a clarifying question.

If ET adds a 3P shot at say 34-35% would you consider him a worthy longtime solution at SF?
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Poor Turner gets traded every day on here..hope they keep him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Nope, no way. He has the most tradeable contract on our team. People often say "We should keep X for now because their value will increase at the trade deadline" Of all those players, ET will see the biggest increase in value. He'd be a perfect compliment to a lot of contending teams at the deadline.

If there is a good 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal that needs Turner's contract to work I can see him gone, otherwise he's on the opening night roster.

If anyone gets salary dumped/cut it'll be Jones or Zeller. Jones I'd like to give a chance to. Zeller is what he is, a great backup center. But if people want to see KO stay then that will be the role he plays, so does that push Zeller to 3rd string? For me, that is enough reason to let Zeller go.

I'll caveat all this by saying I'll be sad to see any of them go. But Zeller is my pick if it's a salary dump...
Zeller's one of the last players on this team that will go in a salary dump.  Even backup centers are tough to find in this league, nevermind one's on cheap contracts.

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If ET adds a 3P shot at say 34-35% would you consider him a worthy longtime solution at SF?
longtime solution?  no.  although if he did add that 3pt shot to his repertoire, he'd be one helluva trade chip at the deadline for a team pushing for the playoffs.

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

longtime solution?  no.  although if he did add that 3pt shot to his repertoire, he'd be one helluva trade chip at the deadline for a team pushing for the playoffs.
That is the percentage he shot from 3P in his previous 2 years before last year combined. Last year he also went to the line less than ever in his career.

Evan was in the talk for MVP for the Cs last year, yet by his standards he had a relatively inefficient season. He has had seasons he shot respectfully from the 3P and seasons he went to the line at a nice rate.

The question to me is if he can put it all together in one season. I do not want him to improve. Just shoot the 3 as in 2012 and go to the line as in 2013. If he can do it, I do not want him traded for 2 2nd rounders.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That is the percentage he shot from 3P in his previous 2 years before last year combined. Last year he also went to the line less than ever in his career.

Evan was in the talk for MVP for the Cs last year, yet by his standards he had a relatively inefficient season. He has had seasons he shot respectfully from the 3P and seasons he went to the line at a nice rate.

The question to me is if he can put it all together in one season. I do not want him to improve. Just shoot the 3 as in 2012 and go to the line as in 2013. If he can do it, I do not want him traded for 2 2nd rounders.
I agree on that note -- if he's having that type of season, he's worth a non-lottery first rounder (20's).  that's 6th man numbers on a good team.  only reason I don't think he'd be worth more is because he's not under contract after this year.

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Except that the last time he got traded at the trade deadline it was for the corpse of Danny Granger and a second round pick -- and that was after he was having a better year in Philly (17.5-6-4 assists? or something like that) than he's likely to have in Boston, as well as being in the tantalizing position of RFA, so Indiana could keep him at all odds if they cared to.

Of course, it turned out that he was one of the two primary factors in the total dissolution of the Pacers (depending on which rumors you believe), and wasn't a meaningful contributor to a team that was aiming at the ECF.

So, I'm not sure that what you're saying has a very strong basis in reality.

Also worth noting: the 76ers tried to get a first round pick in exchange for him forever... and they settled for the deceased Mr. Granger and a second-rounder.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
The idea of trading Turner to a contender doesn't really hold up. Remember when he went to Indiana to be a helping hand on THAT contender? People remember those things. I like his talent, I like his play, but he is not the future. If PJIII looks good in camp then we take a sack of rotten potatoes for Turner. No one is going to pay through the nose for him, and I sure don't want to package him with young talent just to increase the return. He should fetch about what we got for Brendan Wright on his own. A garbage first round pick that might split into two reasonable second rounders. I think he plays better than that valuation, but at this point its not about maximizing return on our investment in Turner, its about opening up floor time for the future.

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Whether you like Turner or not, do we really need more second rounders??

1. Minny's 1st to us will most likely turn into 2nd since they'll finish worse than 18th overall. Possibly 31-35
2. Phillys 2nd rounder (Has good value- another Hunter/Mickey steal), also 31-35
3. The more favorable of Memphis and Dallas pick, (Dallas) 35-40
4. Heat and
5. Cavs. Both likely 50-60

I'm sure someone will bit this year for those early 2nds for a late first.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Two very early second rounders--yes.

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Whether you like Turner or not, do we really need more second rounders??

1. Minny's 1st to us will most likely turn into 2nd since they'll finish worse than 18th overall. Possibly 31-35
2. Phillys 2nd rounder (Has good value- another Hunter/Mickey steal), also 31-35
3. The more favorable of Memphis and Dallas pick, (Dallas) 35-40
4. Heat and
5. Cavs. Both likely 50-60

I'm sure someone will bit this year for those early 2nds for a late first.

As has already been mentioned in other posts, the trade does more for our rotation than simply adding two second rounders to the Ainge portfolio.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.