Poll

The team that we trade with is Charlotte to let you know the value.

Yes. It would clears the logjam and pick up some OK assets.
26 (37.7%)
No. He's too valuable as a playmaker.
32 (46.4%)
I would only trade him for a late first.
11 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders  (Read 10281 times)

Re: Poll: Would you Trade Evan for two second rounders
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Let's face it: we are all trying to figure a way to get the roster down to 15 without cutting perry jones, because we are intrigued with his athleticism.  If we did not pick him up, there would be no such threads moving ET for 2nd rounders.
That's true. Probably too much wishful thinking.

TP

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I wouldn't trade anyone on the roster for two 2nd rounders. I barely care if we have 1.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
People seem to forget how important ET was to this team last season. Its baffling.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
With glee
I have to ask, why?  Is he that detestable to you?

I've talked about Turner plenty, but the answer is:

(1) I think two second rounders is a lot higher than I'd expect his trade value to be
(2) He's just not very good
(3) He will take up playing time that could go to guys who have a future here
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
People seem to forget how important ET was to this team last season. Its baffling.
Evan Turner is like training wheels. I think its time to take them off.
With glee

(1) I think two second rounders is a lot higher than I'd expect his trade value to be
(1) I disagree, but mostly because I dont think it gets much lower than 2 second rounders. I mean the guy is not overpaid and a very versatile player
(2) hes also not very bad
(3) heres the big one for me. I agree 100%. we either need to buy in to ET or move on from ET. If Ainge thinks he is a big part of the next contender (and I really hope thats not the case) then extend him, if not its time to see if Marcus, Rozier, Hunter, Young and I suppose PJIII can do.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
With glee

(4) Hits too many game winners for us to tank
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yes. Heck, I'd trade him for one third rounder.

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
It really is. He hit a ton of big shots for the C's last year and was the only guy who could get to the basket when Thomas was off the floor. He also improved a lot defensively. I don't understand where the hate for this guy is coming from. I'd like to see him traded because I think we know what Turner is now and I'd like to see the young guys get some run but two 2nd rounders wouldn't be enough for me. He's definitely better than that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
No way, no matter where the picks are. ET was a #2 pick and is likely to be better than any 2nd rounder I'm any draft.

I am not a huge Turner fan, but he is a proven NBA rotation player. I don't understand why people want to downgrade our talent.

Also as celticsclay said, the last thing we need are more picks. Have too many to use already.

It's not that simple, though.  Trading Turner for a high second rounder or two would be trding Turner for:

More time with Smart as the primary ball handler
More time for younger players
Keeping PJIII
Taking a shot at two high second rounders (like Mickey) with zero risk (or more chips to trade up)

Are all of those things orth trading away Turner?  To me, yeah, it is.  It won't be to everyone, but people aren't just agreeing with this trade to get rid of him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

people seem to forget that 2nd rnd picks are virtually useless as far as getting talent for a team that is in dire need for some.

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I get that 2nd rounders are cheap, but they aren't that cheap. He's pretty cheap. And we know he can play to a degree.

No way

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No way, no matter where the picks are. ET was a #2 pick and is likely to be better than any 2nd rounder I'm any draft.

I am not a huge Turner fan, but he is a proven NBA rotation player. I don't understand why people want to downgrade our talent.

Also as celticsclay said, the last thing we need are more picks. Have too many to use already.

It's not that simple, though.  Trading Turner for a high second rounder or two would be trding Turner for:

Keeping PJIII
Taking a shot at two high second rounders (like Mickey) with zero risk (or more chips to trade up)

Are all of those things orth trading away Turner?  To me, yeah, it is.  It won't be to everyone, but people aren't just agreeing with this trade to get rid of him
I think some are but let's leave that alone.

I am not convinced that Smart can be the primary ball-handler.  Based on SL, he will get his chance this season, but what to do if he doesn't pan out as hoped?  Start Terry Rozier?  Doubtful for such an important position. IT is a defensive liability. I think you need Turner around for ball handling if you have to move Smart to the 2.

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Keeping PJIII

I am not convinced that Smart can be the primary ball-handler.  Based on SL, he will get his chance this season, but what to do if he doesn't pan out as hoped?  Start Terry Rozier?  Doubtful for such an important position. IT is a defensive liability. I think you need Turner around for ball handling if you have to move Smart to the 2.

If Smart can't do it, you start IT and AB, then have Smart come off the bench with someone like Rozier.  It's not ideal, but the offense from the starting lineup, along with good defense from AB/Crowder(/Amir?) should be able to cover up some of IT's defensive deficiencies.  Meanwhile, Smart comes off the bench to try being a ball handler vs. lesser players, and Rozier is there to help if needed
I'm bitter.

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Keeping PJIII

If Smart can't do it, you start IT and AB, then have Smart come off the bench with someone like Rozier.  It's not ideal, but the offense from the starting lineup, along with good defense from AB/Crowder(/Amir?) should be able to cover up some of IT's defensive deficiencies.  Meanwhile, Smart comes off the bench to try being a ball handler vs. lesser players, and Rozier is there to help if needed

If Smart can't do it this year, then I think we really need to start thinking about what his trade value is. He is about the only player with any real value on our team. Combine him with BKN first, Young, and Zeller and we probably could get a legit stud.

Again, this is only if Smart is proving he can't cut it as a ball-handler or a go-to scorer as SG.

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As for Turner, I am happy go keep him around. He is on a cheap contract, is extremely versatile, and basically does everything that made people so mad about Jeff Green (high assist/rebound numbers). I like the idea of Jones III, but is his potential really that sky-high?