Author Topic: Brad Stevens tenure viz. other NBA coaches & whose job is least secure?  (Read 3387 times)

Re: Brad Stevens tenure viz. other NBA coaches & whose job is least secure?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 11:30:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Correct. It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up with a more successful NBA coaching career than Brad Stevens, actually.

Seeing as it's largely determined by the quality of players a head coach has the fortune of having on his team, yeah.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
The coaches who tend to get fired are the ones who don't live up to expectations, regardless of how good of a job they're doing or whether the expectations were fair to begin with.

I think the Wizards and Raptors are both in danger of not fulfilling their expectations and thus Casey and Wittman are the most likely to go early. And Karl is in constant danger, as other have said, because the Kings are a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing mess.

Does anyone think Derek Fisher is in danger? I know he's Phil Jackson's boy but some people have what I think are unfair expectations for a Knicks team that is going to be bad again. If They're as bad as I think they'll be, is it crazy to think Fisher won't last the season?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 07:08:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The coaches who tend to get fired are the ones who don't live up to expectations, regardless of how good of a job they're doing or whether the expectations were fair to begin with.

I think the Wizards and Raptors are both in danger of not fulfilling their expectations and thus Casey and Wittman are the most likely to go early. And Karl is in constant danger, as other have said, because the Kings are a ****ing mess.

Does anyone think Derek Fisher is in danger? I know he's Phil Jackson's boy but some people have what I think are unfair expectations for a Knicks team that is going to be bad again. If They're as bad as I think they'll be, is it crazy to think Fisher won't last the season?

I think Fisher is a special case because his fate is somewhat tied up with Phil Jackson.  Fisher is Jackson's guy.  It's always kind of an admission of a mistake when a GM fires a coach he hired, but I think it'd be more so with Fisher and Jackson.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain