Author Topic: He's back! Chad Ford 1.0 for 2016  (Read 8052 times)

Re: He's back! Chad Ford 1.0 for 2016
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This one or two player crap is nonsense. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins. Smart is better than EmBiid and maybe Parker we shall See. This year it was Tank for Towns and Chokafor for Okafor. I do wish we could have had the 10th pick in this draft we could have had Turner or Winslow.

The Drafts are not two players deep. It's just two guys that get Hyper off the chart. That;s all.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 07:17:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Simmons and Skal vs the rest

Praying for a miracle. Celtics get the 14th pick  (nets).   1st team with the 14th pick to win the lotto

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If Bender is a SF, so is Dirk. The kid is 7'1''.

I watched a bit of him and he plays in the post a lot for a SF. Basically, I'm not buying him as anything but a PF as of right now.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I thought this was going to be a 2 player draft but it's really looking like Brown and Ingram are legit.

Yep, I love Brown and think he'd be a PERFECT fit on our team. I like Ingram too, but not quite as much; his size and length are tantalizing though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 07:32:52 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
don't love this draft as of right now... obviously very very early so things can change. I like Newman especially if he can develop into a legit pg. He's a freak athlete with outstanding scoring abilities.  I like Jaylen Brown as a shooting guard prospect.  He can use his strength and cause matchup problems at the 2 position and is already good at both sides of the ball. Ingram has a Paul Pierce type offensive game. Smooth operator in the mid range and can shoot the lights out. Lacks strength and explosiveness though. Best case is Paul Pierce in Tashaun Prince's body. Murray is intriguing but doesn't scream upside. Not a huge Simmons fan. He's the type of player that needs the ball in hands alot to make an impact. Skal is pretty skilled and athletic but doesnt have good length. Only about 7'1 wingspan which is good for a small forward but tiny for a center. Not Olynyk bad but makes you wonder if hes going to be able to finish over NBA length. Diamond Stone has to be a top 3 pick if he is indeed a legit 7 feet tall. There are a few interesting players in this draft but i dont really see any cant miss prospects.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Praying for a miracle. Celtics get the 14th pick  (nets).   1st team with the 14th pick to win the lotto

Why are you praying for that?

Why not just pray the Nets end up 5th and win the lottery from that spot, which are both more likely than them finishing 14th and winning the lotto from there?

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Jonathan Bender was a "small forward" at 7'0".

Are they related?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This one or two player crap is nonsense. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins. Smart is better than EmBiid and maybe Parker we shall See.

Embiid has proven nothing so far, he has been riddled with injuries and plagued by bad luck.

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
don't love this draft as of right now... obviously very very early so things can change. I like Newman especially if he can develop into a legit pg. He's a freak athlete with outstanding scoring abilities.  I like Jaylen Brown as a shooting guard prospect.  He can use his strength and cause matchup problems at the 2 position and is already good at both sides of the ball. Ingram has a Paul Pierce type offensive game. Smooth operator in the mid range and can shoot the lights out. Lacks strength and explosiveness though. Best case is Paul Pierce in Tashaun Prince's body. Murray is intriguing but doesn't scream upside. Not a huge Simmons fan. He's the type of player that needs the ball in hands alot to make an impact. Skal is pretty skilled and athletic but doesnt have good length. Only about 7'1 wingspan which is good for a small forward but tiny for a center. Not Olynyk bad but makes you wonder if hes going to be able to finish over NBA length. Diamond Stone has to be a top 3 pick if he is indeed a legit 7 feet tall. There are a few interesting players in this draft but i dont really see any cant miss prospects.

Lot of good insight here but there are a few things I take issue with...

-Think your being a bit loose with the term "Freak athlete" Newman's a good maybe great athlete but if we start throwing that term around for anyone that can dunk with authority ya take away from the true freaks like Derrick Rose, Paul George, Anthony Davis Giannis Antetokumpo etc.

-Skal may have a short wingspan but at least he plays big. Christian wood was 6'10 with a 7'3 wingspan but had that pf that's more of a perimeter player type game, makes a GM "what can this guy do right now on the court". Skal has a defined game where he plays close  to the basket both offensively and defensively, and is getting better every year. He's definitely a weak number 1 over all pick but I don't think he'll have much trouble carving out a nice role for himself in the NBA.

-Not sure about top 3 but I have no idea why Diamond Stone is rated so low by so many. Makes me wonder if their are issues that aren't being made available to the masses. This year's Robert Upshaw?

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Pope looks like he could be a crazy athlete, he's long, and he can shoot. He also broke his leg twice his junior and senior years of h.s. He hardly played senior year and freshman year at SDSU. He has been projected to be a late first-rounder.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 10:58:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Are they related?

Not in the slightest. Jonathan Bender is an African-American from Mississippi.  Dragon Bender is Croatian.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39

Lot of good insight here but there are a few things I take issue with...

-Think your being a bit loose with the term "Freak athlete" Newman's a good maybe great athlete but if we start throwing that term around for anyone that can dunk with authority ya take away from the true freaks like Derrick Rose, Paul George, Anthony Davis Giannis Antetokumpo etc.

-Skal may have a short wingspan but at least he plays big. Christian wood was 6'10 with a 7'3 wingspan but had that pf that's more of a perimeter player type game, makes a GM "what can this guy do right now on the court". Skal has a defined game where he plays close  to the basket both offensively and defensively, and is getting better every year. He's definitely a weak number 1 over all pick but I don't think he'll have much trouble carving out a nice role for himself in the NBA.

-Not sure about top 3 but I have no idea why Diamond Stone is rated so low by so many. Makes me wonder if their are issues that aren't being made available to the masses. This year's Robert Upshaw?

great point from you aswell.  Freak athlete is definitely an exaggeration. He is super quick and can play above the rim. Not a Derrick Rose/Russell Westbrook type. Agree that Skal is a weak number one prospect. Diamond Stone is sorta like Jared Sullinger but probably a bit taller and longer. He has soft hands a good footwork. He's what i like to call a skilled bruiser. He's like a bigger Zach Randolph. Seems like a solid kid in interviews. He played very well in international games. I like him as a prospect if he can get into better shape

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2015, 12:09:57 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I say we get the 13th with our own and the Nets at 5 and the Mavs around 11.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 12:25:14 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm on the Lab bandwagon. (Refuse to call him Skal too many bad memories of Scal)

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 12:28:31 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Are they related?

Not in the slightest. Jonathan Bender is an African-American from Mississippi.  Dragon Bender is Croatian.

Oh, I knew that, but I wanted to know if they were related. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson