Author Topic: 2015 NFL season  (Read 23426 times)

Re: 2015 NFL season
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
That's really what we're talking about here -- QBs who can win games if they have an o-line that gives them time.  If they're under pressure, they're terrible, as are most QBs.
Yeah, I see this category as ranging from a Matt Cassell and Andy Dalton. Speaking about Dalton, he's been a fascinating case so far this year. Given that he's largely the same QB he's been for the course of his career, except he's no longer throwing a ton of pick, I wonder whether we should expect him to implode down the road.

Too many teams in the NFL rely on QBs who crap the bed even when they aren't under a ton of pressure.  That's what you can't survive as a team in the NFL.
It is amazing how many NFL teams have QBs that look completely incompetent pretty much every  week. Heck, Blaine Gabbert had a starting job for multiple seasons...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's really what we're talking about here -- QBs who can win games if they have an o-line that gives them time.  If they're under pressure, they're terrible, as are most QBs.
Yeah, I see this category as ranging from a Matt Cassell and Andy Dalton. Speaking about Dalton, he's been a fascinating case so far this year. Given that he's largely the same QB he's been for the course of his career, except he's no longer throwing a ton of pick, I wonder whether we should expect him to implode down the road.

I think Cincy is the biggest threat to NE this year in the AFC.   Pittsburgh being second if Big Ben is back to health.    Should be interesting to see what happens when they play each other on Sunday.   

Dalton's playing some really good football right now.  14-2 TD/INT ratio is nothing to sneeze at. That defense is something else, though, and just the type that could give the Pats real issues.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
The Bengals look dangerous. But then again, Cleveland is horrible so who knows.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Some great games today.  Green Bay almost came way back on Carolina.

As much as I dislike Indy, I am enjoying their success right now against Denver (Pats could use a Broncos loss).  Manning will have to show what he's got down 17.

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Broncos lose. 

Talib with a horrible personal foul purposely poking Colt's player in the eye after the play.  I would think he'll get a suspension.    Not as bad as being generally aware of more than probable mischief, but still.

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Potentially big AFC news.  Not sure if it's enough to shift things is the weak South especially if its at the low end but, if it's 6 weeks, it certainly could.

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN  3m3 minutes ago
Wow. Colts say Andrew Luck has lacerated kidney and abdominal tear. Out 2-6 weeks.

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Potentially big AFC news.  Not sure if it's enough to shift things is the weak South especially if its at the low end but, if it's 6 weeks, it certainly could.

Wow. Colts say Andrew Luck has lacerated kidney and abdominal tear. Out 2-6 weeks.

Great. So much for Hilton doing anything for my fantasy team.

The Colts have been a mess all year. Luck was out of sync to start the season, and now that things have started to click with him and his receivers, this happens.

Combine this with all the Patriots injuries ... man, I'm getting really sick of injuries.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

The Colts have been a mess all year. Luck was out of sync to start the season, and now that things have started to click with him and his receivers, this happens.

Combine this with all the Patriots injuries ... man, I'm getting really sick of injuries.
That's the second lacerated kidney in the league this season... I mean, what the...

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

That's the second lacerated kidney in the league this season... I mean, what the...

Well, when your idiot GM neglects to invest in an offensive line & your QB is the scrambling type, crap like this happens. Just the term "lacerated kidney" just makes me cringe when I hear it.

It's a shame because I like Luck's game a lot. 

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They need to do whatever they have to -- use every single draft pick on linesmen, trade away skill position players, whatever -- they've got to have a decent offensive in Indy. 

Luck is that franchise.  Protect your quarterback and fill in the rest of the positions on the field with practice squad guys.  Luck could probably still win that division.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
You know, I'm starting to feel like maybe my Chiefs pick to win the AFC wasn't so insane.

The best teams in the conference are the Pats, the Bengals, the Broncos, the Steelers, and the Chiefs, right?  Anybody missing?

The main argument I see against the Chiefs having the potential to go on a run in the playoffs on the strength of their defense and running game is simply: Andy Reid.  But all the other teams I mentioned are vulnerable.

I still like the Cards to get to the Super Bowl.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It is amazing how many NFL teams have QBs that look completely incompetent pretty much every  week. Heck, Blaine Gabbert had a starting job for multiple seasons...

Seeing Brock Osweiler do solid work these last couple of weeks has made me think that having a competent QB probably has a lot more to do with your coaching and the strength of the team around the QB than having a particularly great QB.

Seems like you could put pretty much any decent QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes on that Denver team and they'd be really good.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Rex has to be fired, right?  Total failure of a season in Buffalo.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Rex has to be fired, right?  Total failure of a season in Buffalo.

Ha -- I hate to enjoy the sports misery of others (sometimes... really... I mean it), but Rex always has rubbed me the wrong way.  I'm sure he's a good guy, but I'd like to see him fade into defensive coordinator oblivion.   Heading to Rochester to my Bills fan in-laws for x-mas -- I really thought this year might be different -- expected them to be in the mix.

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2015, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Seem inevitable that Panthers will get to 16-0.

Can they get to 19-0?
- Mark Twain