Author Topic: Rumor: Sully and Jones for Morris  (Read 24190 times)

Re: Rumor: Sully and Jones for Morris
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Will he cry if we don't trade for his brother?

Probably, lol ;D.

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 10:54:05 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I like Morris' game but I'm not sure he's better than an in-shape Sullinger. Plus, the Celtics would have no reason to bid very high for him since he's already said he wants out.

He's not appreciably better than an out of shape Sullinger, never mind an in-shape Sullinger. Ainge wouldn't trade Jared Sullinger straight up for Morris.

Morris isn't a defensive wizard or anything. His metrics on that end of the court aren't good and certainly aren't appreciably better than Sullinger's. Offensively he's a slightly better scorer and a significantly worse rebounder. He's a knucklehead with many personal fouls and 2 1/2 years older. He also makes $8m+ over the next 4 years while the Cs have Sullinger at $2.3m this year and a qualifying option at $3.3m next year. The Cs have a glut of PFs on the roster already and it wouldn't make sense to trade for another one.

Not happening because it simply doesn't make sense on every single level unless the Cs ship someone else along with it and get picks back.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Wildly pro-Suns speculation.  I would be speechless if Ainge gave up Sully, Jones, Young AND a first round pick for Morris.

Mike

Yes.  That would be a major overpay.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 12:04:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This piece of tripe was taken from an original article by Kevin Pelton which unfortunately only seems to exist on ESPN Insider.

Jay King, however, wrote a summary of Pelton's piece on MassLive:

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/08/espn_insider_boston_celtics_co.html

Note that King explicitly states;

"This was not a trade rumor, to be clear, but a logical analysis of trade partners that could potentially work."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 02:14:36 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I could understand Sully for Morris and maybe add Young but NO WAY add Jones and a draft pick- that's just ridiculous. They aren't exactly dealing from a position of strength. Morris is an unhappy player that says he won't play for Phoenix. Let's play hard ball - give us Morris and YOU give US a draft pick and we will give you Sully & Young.

I've been pretty pro Morris and kind of scoffed at first when you mentioned PJ III being a hang up in this deal (currently the most logical guy to cut on the roster) but the more I think about it, if we trade Young I don't want to trade Jones III.

Be fine with either James Young or Perry Jones III in a trade for Morris but we'd be giving up a boatload of potential to include both. That could be the type of trade that history looks back on in disbelief.

The Celtics traded multiple All Star Perry Jones III, perennial 6th man of the year contender James Young, a first round pick that turned into Jakob Poeltl and fringe hall of fame candidate Jared Sullinger(Sulley in a hunt for revenge against the team who traded him, slims down to his ideal playing weight and starts putting up Kevin love numbers torching the Celtics for a career average of 30 point 15 rebound against Boston) for Markieff "freaking" Morris? What were they thinking?

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 06:12:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I could understand Sully for Morris and maybe add Young but NO WAY add Jones and a draft pick- that's just ridiculous. They aren't exactly dealing from a position of strength. Morris is an unhappy player that says he won't play for Phoenix. Let's play hard ball - give us Morris and YOU give US a draft pick and we will give you Sully & Young.

I've been pretty pro Morris and kind of scoffed at first when you mentioned PJ III being a hang up in this deal (currently the most logical guy to cut on the roster) but the more I think about it, if we trade Young I don't want to trade Jones III.

Be fine with either James Young or Perry Jones III in a trade for Morris but we'd be giving up a boatload of potential to include both. That could be the type of trade that history looks back on in disbelief.

The Celtics traded multiple All Star Perry Jones III, perennial 6th man of the year contender James Young, a first round pick that turned into Jakob Poeltl and fringe hall of fame candidate Jared Sullinger(Sulley in a hunt for revenge against the team who traded him, slims down to his ideal playing weight and starts putting up Kevin love numbers torching the Celtics for a career average of 30 point 15 rebound against Boston) for Markieff "freaking" Morris? What were they thinking?

Perry jones is still in the NBA?

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Wildly pro-Suns speculation.  I would be speechless if Ainge gave up Sully, Jones, Young AND a first round pick for Morris.

Mike

Thats an understatement.

More like a horribly dumb overpay. It doesn't make sense to trade a PF and two SF's that leaves us with one SF(Crowder) for an other PF that we have an abundance of.  IF DA is moving Sully and Young, and even Perry, there will be a SF coming back.

Plus it DA isn't going to waste Cap and Flexibility on Morris, he's a nice player and all, but he's more of a guy you bring in to add to existing good talent to round out the team.

But if TJ Warren is part of the deal, I'd have to consider that. I think the kid could be better than his numbers, and Stevens System could help with that. 

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like Morris' game but I'm not sure he's better than an in-shape Sullinger. Plus, the Celtics would have no reason to bid very high for him since he's already said he wants out.

He's not appreciably better than an out of shape Sullinger, never mind an in-shape Sullinger. Ainge wouldn't trade Jared Sullinger straight up for Morris. 

Morris isn't a defensive wizard or anything. His metrics on that end of the court aren't good and certainly aren't appreciably better than Sullinger's. Offensively he's a slightly better scorer and a significantly worse rebounder. He's a knucklehead with many personal fouls and 2 1/2 years older. He also makes $8m+ over the next 4 years while the Cs have Sullinger at $2.3m this year and a qualifying option at $3.3m next year. The Cs have a glut of PFs on the roster already and it wouldn't make sense to trade for another one.

Not happening because it simply doesn't make sense on every single level unless the Cs ship someone else along with it and get picks back.
exactly.  spot-on assessment

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't think it will happen, I think this rumor was speculation from a writer and little more.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »

Offline Old Wine

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Sully & Bradley + 2nd X Morris & 1st

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't want anything to do with the Morris twins, not only do they sound like awful, whiney people, Markieff started 82 games last year and he averaged less PPG, RPG and BPG.

Doesn't fill a need, definitive locker room cancer, didn't excel when given more minutes.

Who would want this guy?

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Quote from: Smartacus

God bless Celtics blog.   That's all I can say.   This place is priceless.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Would not want Morris anyway.

Much rather have Sully.

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Mike

Thats an understatement.

More like a horribly dumb overpay. It doesn't make sense to trade a PF and two SF's that leaves us with one SF(Crowder) for an other PF that we have an abundance of.  IF DA is moving Sully and Young, and even Perry, there will be a SF coming back.

Plus it DA isn't going to waste Cap and Flexibility on Morris, he's a nice player and all, but he's more of a guy you bring in to add to existing good talent to round out the team.

But if TJ Warren is part of the deal, I'd have to consider that. I think the kid could be better than his numbers, and Stevens System could help with that.

Wow.  I totallly agree that I might consider that trade IF we could get TJ Warren!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 01:26:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Quote from: Smartacus

God bless Celtics blog.   That's all I can say.   This place is priceless.
given the boatload of intrepidation above in "fear red", i would be afraid to have danny ever again make any sort of personnel move. what if the celtics actually lose a trade of let a good player go? whoa, whoa, whoa!!!  :'(

yes, managing through fear of making a mistake is an excellent way to steer the good-ship-celtics into a bright and lovely future.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva