Author Topic: Bron giving $42 mill to put 1100 kids through college  (Read 10101 times)

Re: Bron giving $42 mill to put 1100 kids through college
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This Is a nice thing, but does anyone actually think that virtually all the money isn't coming from funds donated by other people?  I will happily eat my hat, but realistically this is not costing him much if any of his personal funds.

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Yeah but, but....

Oh forget it. I have nothing.

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
idk....I think if that were the case others would want some credit or there'd be some anonymous sources or something telling us this. I think taking $42 mill of credit for other people's good deeds...yeah idk. If it were corporations their stock holders would have a right to know I think.

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
If that's the case then the worst case scenario is he's a master fund raiser who took credit

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
idk....I think if that were the case others would want some credit or there'd be some anonymous sources or something telling us this. I think taking $42 mill of credit for other people's good deeds...yeah idk. If it were corporations their stock holders would have a right to know I think.

Well, this has just been announced, it will take time for the donors to pledge and donate.  I hope, I am wrong and this is coming from his personal wealth, but....

Still, it is a nice thing.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »

Online sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

Well, this has just been announced, it will take time for the donors to pledge and donate.  I hope, I am wrong and this is coming from his personal wealth, but....

He´ll probably make some money out of this, but that´s irrelevant. With out him (and his brand) those kids wouldn´t have a chance to get an education.

I hate that dude in basketball, but I´ve got to admit, he´s a nice guy.

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

He´ll probably make some money out of this, but that´s irrelevant. With out him (and his brand) those kids wouldn´t have a chance to get an education.

I hate that dude in basketball, but I´ve got to admit, he´s a nice guy.

I agree, he is a nice guy.

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 06:33:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Good for him! I don't care how he got the money for them, I'm just glad some kids will be helped! People always discounted when Oprah would give her money for charity, saying how she will be using it as a tax write-off. I always said I didn't care because the people she helped may not have been helped otherwise! As long as it isn't hurting anyone, I don't care how they get/give money to help the less fortunate! LBJ could secretly hate these kids and be doing this for PR and I wouldn't care, they are getting help!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Kudos for LeBron.

That's probably more kids than I'll ever give a boost through college.

And it's not something he has to do.

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 07:54:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't even care if he's not putting up all of the money himself.  He's using his celebrity and influence (and it seems likely, money) to put kids through college.  That is a good thing, no matter the circumstances.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 08:57:09 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
That's a pretty incredible accomplishment. I mean, it goes beyond scholarships for kids. This will really make an impact for a lot of people.

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 09:28:59 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I read somewhere Lebron isn't paying for this that instead its the university. 

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I read somewhere Lebron isn't paying for this that instead its the university.
The article says the school just announced 40 mill in cuts. So it wouldn't seem like the school would be doing it. The quotes from the president of the school make him sound very happily surprised.

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 11:14:30 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Joe Vardon ?@joevardon
A point of clarification for some reports I've seen about LeBron's scholarship program. U of Akron will pay for it, NOT LeBron or foundation