Author Topic: 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League  (Read 38468 times)

Re: 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That didn`t help MU get rid of LVG.....

We'll see. I am hoping the pressure will crank up a bit more over next few weeks and that LVG resigns from team. He is a quitter when things get too bad. Another couple of 0-0 draws. A few more crowd booings at full time.

There is still hope ....

LVG out!
LVG out!
LVG out!

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
And release his righteous justice upon Manchester United.  I'd love to see them schooled by Liverpool FC in the Europa league. Then they shall know gegenpressing is not a new way to iron clothes

United may wind up in a situation in which it is necessary for it to win the EL to qualify for next season's CL.  Can you imagine if Pool knocked them off in the final to grab that spot themselves?! 

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsenal broke through after losing the their first 2 games.

Wenger really need to buy players this January if we're going to continue from this.

Striker, DM still needed, the latter especially.  Another backliner wouldn't hurt, either.  With the right buys, Arsenal could pip my City, Pool and the Foxes to win the title.  Spurs should buy in the window, also. 

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, after that great escape, Arsenal's reward is Barcelona...

Well, crabs...

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Well, crabs...

Congratulations - you have won the booby prize after my club had the honor the last two seasons. 

Pretty amusing that Chelsea have drawn PSG... ;D

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Well, crabs...

Congratulations - you have won the booby prize after my club had the honor the last two seasons. 

That's what, 3 years in a row PSG and Chelsea play each other?

Also, hey, we're going to have to beat a giant team to win the UCL anyway, might as well do it early. One Twitter account made sense of this.

Win = Great, we beat Barca.
Lose = Focus on the PL.

No downsides. :-D

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Well, crabs...

Also, hey, we're going to have to beat a giant team to win the UCL anyway, might as well do it early. One Twitter account made sense of this.

Lose = Focus on the PL.

Eh, City had Bayern two straight years and then Barca for two, so I'm not shedding any tears for anyone! 

You've got the right attitude about facing Barcelona.  Show up, do your best, and who knows?  Barca are great, but that's not the same thing as invincible... ;)  However, you really shouldn't contemplate facing Barca without Coquelin, at the very least.  Play two ace holding mids if you don't wish to be torn to shreds (in other words, learn from City's blunders) and then keep men behind the ball, concede possession and attack on the counter with your great pace. 

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

We'll see. I am hoping the pressure will crank up a bit more over next few weeks and that LVG resigns from team. He is a quitter when things get too bad. Another couple of 0-0 draws. A few more crowd booings at full time.

There is still hope ....

LVG out!
LVG out!
LVG out!

Why would you hope for such a thing?

I think LVG is doing a pretty good job at MU...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

There is still hope ....

LVG out!
LVG out!
LVG out!

Man Utd are playing very effective football but extremely dull and boring football.

Too much slow tempo play + sideways and backwards passing.

Results are going well. Style is sub-standard and ill-suited to United's attacking ethos.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:13:23 PM by Who »

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

There is still hope ....

LVG out!
LVG out!
LVG out!

Man Utd are playing very effective football but extremely dull and boring football.

Results are going well. Style is sub-standard and ill-suited to United's attacking ethos.

Considering how young the team is, the fact that half their offense is new to the club, and that MU generally is in a transition phase, boring football doesn't sound like a good reason to get rid of the coach.

Did you also want to get rid of Pep at Barca when they were playing it sideways all the time?

It's just odd, considering you wanted more time for Moyes.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

There is still hope ....

LVG out!
LVG out!
LVG out!

Considering how young the team is, the fact that half their offense is new to the club, and that MU generally is in a transition phase, boring football doesn't sound like a good reason to get rid of the coach.

Did you also want to get rid of Pep at Barca when they were playing it sideways all the time?

It's just odd, considering you wanted more time for Moyes.

Barcelona attacked. They played short passes but they attacked.

Man Utd players scared to take risks out of fear of Van Gaal and losing the ball. Martial / Depay, neither one of them are being given enough freedom to express themselves. To go one-on-one and drive past players. To make risky passes. Van Gaal got rid of Di Maria for that exact reason. Can you imagine how fun and exciting an attack you could build out of Di Maria, Depay and Martial ... That would have been terrific!

I hate the double pivot too. I think Van Gaal's 433 is much better than his 4-2-3-1. His 4-2-3-1 is boring. Too much safety-first stance.

Herrera, despite being United's best CM, regularly out of the team because Van Gaal prefers holding midfielders than central midfielders who will join the attack.

Mata almost always flung out on the right wing in favour instead of as an ACM. Wide players regularly too deep in the 4-2-3-1. Not getting around the back of defenders often enough. Looking to come deep. Wingers too far away from striker. Striker isolated. Has nobody to pass the ball to.

Attacks are slow that opponent always has time to setup / organize themselves defensively.

It is boring to watch. It not Man Utd. It does not represent Man Utd.

Van Gaal is a very good coach but at the wrong team for his style of football.

They should fire him. Wrong coach for the club.

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Well, crabs...

Lose = Focus on the PL.

Eh, City had Bayern two straight years and then Barca for two, so I'm not shedding any tears for anyone! 

You've got the right attitude about facing Barcelona.  Show up, do your best, and who knows?  Barca are great, but that's not the same thing as invincible... ;)  However, you really shouldn't contemplate facing Barca without Coquelin, at the very least.  Play two ace holding mids if you don't wish to be torn to shreds (in other words, learn from City's blunders) and then keep men behind the ball, concede possession and attack on the counter with your great pace.

Where are we getting the two ace holding mids? Chances are we're fielding Ramsey and Flamini in there. Andres Iniesta is probably looking at that midfield and drooling right now. Not sure if Coq would be fit till then, or even at least Wilshere.

January window would be interesting for Arsenal. Would they finally address that DM hole? William Carvalho or Victor Wanyama could still be had if we are willing to spend. That should certainly help. Krychowiak is cup tied, he would have been perfect.

Matheiu Flamini! Get scared, Barcelona.

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I think Arsenal should drop Ozil for the Barcelona games. Play a central midfielder instead of Ozil. Someone who will do a bit more graft. I don't think Arsenal will have enough of the ball to properly utilize Ozil against Barca.

Flamini as holding midfielder with Wilshere and Ramsey as CMs.
Then A.Sanchez and T.Walcott as wide players running from wings to join Giroud or Welbeck.

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think Arsenal should drop Ozil for the Barcelona games. Play a central midfielder instead of Ozil. Someone who will do a bit more graft. I don't think Arsenal will have enough of the ball to properly utilize Ozil against Barca.

Flamini as holding midfielder with Wilshere and Ramsey as CMs.
Then A.Sanchez and T.Walcott as wide players running from wings to join Giroud or Welbeck.

Drop one of the best, if not the best player in the team? I understand the logic of it, but that's killing whatever chance we have to score. Arsenal would still need him on the counter to pass that long ball. No one else in the team can do that, the other being Santi Cazorla, is not going to be fit until March.

Wilshere is still hurt, don't even know when he's going to come back.

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Well, crabs...

Lose = Focus on the PL.

Where are we getting the two ace holding mids? Chances are we're fielding Ramsey and Flamini in there. Andres Iniesta is probably looking at that midfield and drooling right now. Not sure if Coq would be fit till then, or even at least Wilshere.

January window would be interesting for Arsenal. Would they finally address that DM hole? William Carvalho or Victor Wanyama could still be had if we are willing to spend. That should certainly help. Krychowiak is cup tied, he would have been perfect.

Matheiu Flamini! Get scared, Barcelona.

Where do you get them?  In the January transfer window, and sharpish!  According to physioroom.com, Coquelin out to mid-February but Wilshere due back on 01.08.2016 and Rosicky on 01.24.2016.  Wanyama would be fine, William is terrific but would cost £££.  Krychowiak is one of the most annoying players in world football, literally on a level with the likes of Diego Costa.  He's a big guy, but he's a butcher at heart, and he'll stack up yellow cards even in the PL.  Get William and Wanyama, the latter is already acclimated and the former has great ball skills for a ballwinner.  Wenger will love him and you'll have the first legitimately powerful and influential central mid since Vieira was in his prime.  Your fixtures against Barca are 02.23.2016 and 03.16.2016 so you do have some time to integrate them into your squad and system of play. 

Looking forward to Dynamo Kiev.  We have a score to settle with that club (eliminated by them in EL 2011) but their home tie will be in an "empty stadium" so our fans won't be allowed to attend, either.  This ban is for racist abuse of Chelsea players during the group stage.