Author Topic: Carmelo to Cleveland calling it now.  (Read 12582 times)

Re: Carmelo to Cleveland calling it now.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
What if it were sttuctured around TT rather tban KLove?
that one makes more sense for Cleveland, but it not near enough value for New York, which is why it won't happen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
won't happen.

only way to make it worth it for the Knicks is to either get Lebron himself or a package of Kyrie/Love.  either scenario makes it a pointless trade for Cleveland.

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's a solid idea..it would give Melo the chance to ride Lebron's coat tails on a Wade kinda way.

That team would destroy everyone.
I wonder if Gilbert would pay the tax on that.
If he wouldnt, I wonder if the Celtics could get involved in a three way trade sending picks+talent to NYC and Melo> Cleveland and Love> Boston.

Particularly if Love and Lebron don't gel.
Melo is very likely to be the NBA's next disgruntled star.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Kyrie for Chris Paul?
Gives Griffin an elite PG for another 6-7 years and CP3 a championship and Cleveland the better fit.
Melo to Cleveland.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
And I did say calling it now in the title. Which should inform you that it's my rumor.

My rumor :) A Sherod, is that you?

Rumors have sources. Your rumor is like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places. "I have no legs!"
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 10:17:42 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
La La Anthony won't allow it.

Yep. Many believe that's why he ultimately stayed in New York rather than go to better situations in Chicago, Houston, etc. It's also why pretty much every trade proposal for Melo to Boston won't work out with his no-trade clause.

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
The thread creator mentions a few times 'if he wants to win' but we all know winning is the least of Melo's concerns. He made it clear by picking the Knicks for more money and no prospects to win over Chicago for less money and a great chance to win. This thread is pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty..pretty bad.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Assuming that Cleveland would give up Love for Anthony and that Anthony would go to Cleveland, I think you need a third team to take on Love because I don't see the point for NY in letting Anthony go only to acquire Love.  That 3rd team would take Love and give NY younger assets.  The Lakers theoretically make sense as they have Randle and Russell and Love would probably be ok going there.  But making the dollars work would be difficult (unless you include Hibbert, but I don't see much point in that for LA as Hibbert would be a nice fit next to Love and trading him hurts LA's win now chances).  The Warriors also make some sense, but I'm not sure they would give up Thompson (who NY would probably want at a minimum) to acquire Love.  Boston also makes some sense, but would obviously require Smart and at least one of the Brooklyn picks.  I'd probably do that for Love, but is that enough for NY, who knows. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't see it happening.

'Melo seems most concerned with bright lights/big city & branding himself. 

Let's face it,  CLE is a third world city when it comes to that.   New York & LA seem like the only places this guy wants to be.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
And I did say calling it now in the title. Which should inform you that it's my rumor.

My rumor :) A Sherod, is that you?

Rumors have sources. Your rumor is like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places. "I have no legs!"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtjBqJ4NxA

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think this is a very solid idea and yeah, they'd be unstoppable with the two of them.  People had the same "iso heavy" criticisms of a Wade-Lebron pairing, but that worked and this one would work even better with Melo's ability to knock down the 3 at an elite level.

But the problem with it is that I think other teams will put together better offers for Melo than Love + scrubs + bad picks, so NYK would deal him elsewhere.

I like the idea that Crimson had about some kind of deal based around CP3 for Kyrie.  Even if CP3 and Lebron's games don't really fit together that well... it's no worse than how Kyrie and Lebrons do.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't see Melo or Lebron liking  this. Love fits much better with Cleveland if he is willing to take the 3rd banana role like he has said he would. He spaces the floor much better and rebounds much better.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Carmelo Lebron and Paul will be playing for their 3rd gold metal, if Lebron does play. Paul and Carmelo are two of Lebron's best buds of the court.
  Paul is not going anywhere, but Carmelo is and Lebron is the GM. The fit is no longer a problem with the small ball trend in the NBA.
  Lebron, Carmelo and Irving on the Court together would be Lethal. A trade centered around Love would work cap wise.
  Melo is out of there in less than 18 months IMO. Where else would he really want to go if he wants to win. Does he have a no trade clause?
 If he wants to win it all where else could he go, Maybe Houston,  Warrior's wouldn't want him. Spurs wouldn't either.
 I say he forced his way on the Cavs and Lebron gets his way again for another team full of Jerks, as David Lee put it. Just add a shooting, two guard to that team and its game over. If it goes down this year.

Mozgov Thompson
Carmelo
Lebron
Shumpert
Irving

That team wins it all this year fairly easily.

Ummm... Okay, so who's shooting, and who's passing? You have 4 players who can be go to scorers on the team.. Only one ball...

Also how would they even factor the cap space to bring in Melo?

Lol... You really thought this through.

Lol? Really Monk. Who's passing Lebron. Who's shooting? Irving Carmelo and Lebron. And the money works straight up Melo for Love though a three team deal would make sense. Lol. You really thought your response through Lol.

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
And like others have said. If this team were constructed, much better than what they have now.