Author Topic: what if jabari and the greek freak dont mesh?  (Read 4487 times)

what if jabari and the greek freak dont mesh?
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:22 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231
Both great players, but seem to be caught in between positions. Neither can really guard 4's. Of course it has yet to be seen if they can really play together. If not, could the Celtics and Bucks make a win win trade, where the Celtics could swoop in and grab one of these guys?

If im Milwaukee i lean more towards keeping the Greek Freak. More defensive versatility, more experience, more physical gifts, more edge. So in the unlikely scenario the Bucks dangle Parker in a trade, what could the Celtics offer?

Would you do Parker and Vasquez for Crowder, Sullinger, Turner, Brooklyn 1st, and our first? Probably need more draft picks thrown in for good measure.

Think of that Bucks team..
CarterWilliams/ Turner
Middleton/ Mayo
GreekFreak/ Crowder
Henson/ Sullinger
Monroe/ Plumlee

Not to mention the Celtics get the scorer theyve been yearning for since Pierce left..

Just a randon thought..

Re: what if jabari and the greek freak dont mesh?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I doubt they would trade Parker. He has a higher ceiling than Giannis, I don't think they can trade him now because he wouldn't pass a physical, and even if he recovers it would take a while for teams to trust that the Bucks aren't hiding something if they're shopping a #2 overall pick.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1213
I don't think there's any possible deal for Parker that doesn't start with Smart
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »

Offline marlon.oddo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Perks-
did you happen to think about your comments before you posted them?  Parker hasn't played a game in the NBA and he's a "great" player?  Why would the Bucks waste a second thinking about trading a lottery pick before he plays a game?

And is Giannis a "great" player now?  He is young and talented but is he truly great?

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1213
Perks-
did you happen to think about your comments before you posted them?  Parker hasn't played a game in the NBA and he's a "great" player?  Why would the Bucks waste a second thinking about trading a lottery pick before he plays a game?

And is Giannis a "great" player now?  He is young and talented but is he truly great?

Parker played 25 games last year.

If you're gonna make an insulting post, at least get your facts right
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Pretty sure the Bucks will give it a few years to see if the greek freek and Jabari will work out. Both are young, talented, and have yet to reach their full potential. There's no incentive to trade them now. If either of them get traded, it probably won't be for another 3-4 years, and if the Bucks do trade Jabari it won't be for that deal. Bucks aren't giving up a potential star for our role players/picks. Thats a severe win-lose deal in the Celtics favor.

Durant and Westbrook aren't exactly a perfect match but OKC is still one of the best teams in the league with the two of them leading the way.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:45 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Giannis and Jabari fit very well together in my opinion
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 01:12:22 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Both great players, but seem to be caught in between positions. Neither can really guard 4's. Of course it has yet to be seen if they can really play together. If not, could the Celtics and Bucks make a win win trade, where the Celtics could swoop in and grab one of these guys?

If im Milwaukee i lean more towards keeping the Greek Freak. More defensive versatility, more experience, more physical gifts, more edge. So in the unlikely scenario the Bucks dangle Parker in a trade, what could the Celtics offer?

Would you do Parker and Vasquez for Crowder, Sullinger, Turner, Brooklyn 1st, and our first? Probably need more draft picks thrown in for good measure.

CarterWilliams/ Turner
Middleton/ Mayo
GreekFreak/ Crowder
Henson/ Sullinger
Monroe/ Plumlee

Not to mention the Celtics get the scorer theyve been yearning for since Pierce left..

Just a randon thought..

Their GM was actually talking about Giannis trying out playing the center position

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »

Offline notbillsimmons

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
Then obviously the bucks are gonna trade both of them to the Celtics for James Young. Plain and simple.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 01:43:55 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Then obviously the bucks are gonna trade both of them to the Celtics for James Young. Plain and simple.

Then they'd be getting a good deal, given that Young is a 20 year-old Kobe  ;)
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 02:28:44 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

CarterWilliams/ Turner
Middleton/ Mayo
GreekFreak/ Crowder
Henson/ Sullinger
Monroe/ Plumlee

Just a randon thought..
I see your argument, but it does seem a tad premature to draw many conclusions about someone who has played only 25 nba games in his life.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I'm interested in this bucks team and how it's going to work
As they have a lot of length
And offensively they each require the ball to score
So they will need to share a lot of touches between that starting 5

That said bucks wouldn't trade Parker a recent no 2 pick and vasquez for what we're offering
The risk is too much
As they already know what they got in Parker as a 3 that is creative to get his own shot

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Even if the don't mesh, you better believe that the Bucks are going to try to make it work for at least a season or two before throwing in the towel.  So I don't see either player being on the market anytime soon. 

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
In their short time together they seemed dynamic. It is likely they will be one of the best teams in the NBA in 3 years. Williams, Middleton, Parker, Antetokounmpo, and Monroe should be special if they can keep everyone signed.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Both great players, but seem to be caught in between positions

How are they great players?  They are great prospects there is a big difference, neither of them is going to knock Jordan off Basketball Mount Rushmore anytime soon.   I think "great" is over used by our society and your post is a prime example.

If they do not work out one will be moved.   It is that plain and simple.