Poll

Would you trade Turner for a late first.

Yes
15 (55.6%)
No
3 (11.1%)
Hell I'd do it for two second rounders
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Poll: Yes or No Turner to Clipper's for 2017 first rounder  (Read 1490 times)

Poll: Yes or No Turner to Clipper's for 2017 first rounder
« on: August 11, 2015, 08:11:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Shout out to chambers for his analysis on the Clippers need of Turner. I think that the Clippers do need a backup point guard to Chris Paul to win a title as he breaks down and Turner could fill that need as well as a ball handling small forward off the bench and he could possibly start he'd be a great fit for the Clippers and he's not really part of our future so I say do it.

Re: Poll: Yes or No Turner to Clipper's for 2017 first rounder
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
A first rounder for Turner would be an absolute coup.

They've already got Rivers, Stephenson and Crawford, though, so his skillset would be a little redundant on that team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
A thousand times yes.  Of course, they've already traded their 2017 1st to Milwaukee, so that's not happening for multiple reasons.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Am I the only who remembers that Evan Turner and Lance Stephenson were on the same team once and it was so bad between them that I'd have to question any team that put them together again?

I really don't think they need him anyway. The sure do have a lot of back up ball handlers already on that team (Pierce, Crawford, Rivers, Stephenson) on top of CP3 and they run a lot of offense through Blake around the key.

That said, I'd take the first conditional 1st rounder that showed up at my door and run for the hills.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:43 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Im gonna post what I posted a few hours back on a different thread about Turner going to the Clippers

I think they'll keep PJ3 and Turner will probably go in a trade.

Ainge has to decide if he rolls the dice on PJ3 and sees if they've got a keeper or if he keeps Turner around and signs him to a longer bargain deal at the end of this year.

Ultimately, Turner probably isn't being considered as a piece of a potential championship Celtics team, so I think he's likely to go.
I actually said when Turner was signed that it was an upmarket version of us signing Jordan Crawford and then moving him for some 2nd round picks or similar.
Clippers sure could use a cheap deal like Turner to bolster their playoff run. A couple of future 2nd round picks for Turner would be a good move for them.
To toot my own horn, I said that the Clippers should go after Prigioni once the Rockets waived him- and they did :)

Turner would be a good piece next to Reddick/Stephenson as a ball handler with size- he'd be solid against some of those tough 2nd units in the West during the playoffs and could come in for Pierce as small forward or as CP3 as PG.

Remember the last time Stephenson and Turner were teammates?

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/04/23/lance-stephenson-evan-turner-fight-indiana-pacers-practice-playoffs

I think the Clippers have enough guys who can play all the positions Turner does. Paul/Redick/Crawford/Stephenson/Rivers/Prigioni/Pierce/Johnson. I don't see where Turner would fit. If anything the Clips need another big.

If there's a team that could use Turner, it'd be the Jazz. He'd fill in reasonably for Exum.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 07:51:39 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Turner doesn't fit in with clips but don't get care as long as we r getting value for him and trimming our roster