Author Topic: Ideas - Trade Machine Game  (Read 4069 times)

Ideas - Trade Machine Game
« on: August 11, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I want people to actually take sometime to actually do this post.  Not looking for ridiculous post of stupid trade, but think about present and future of the team.  Since in the ESPN trade machines you can't add draft picks say the picks, specially if it's needed to make the pick work.  I wanted to see who actually pay real attention to one the post, two the idea of trades and how they work.  You can agree or disagree on trades but just explain why you do or don't.  I'll be the first to admit I've replied to trades with "Are you kidding?" but looking to actually make a legit topic since trades seem to be a huge part of the board.  These are all separate trades, not doing them all, one or the other. 

The first trade I'm looking at is Denver and Boston.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nzp92qa

Nuggets - Faried
Celtics - Turner, Zeller, Young, (Might take a 1st in a future year in 17, or maybe a couple of seconds)

Why do this trade.  It gets under the roster space with one to spare, lets us keep Jones III and gives us a starting power forward for years to come.  This also gives us the option to either resign Sully to be our back up power forward or big in general. Lee is done after this year, Johnson we can trade next year or keep.  We can trade Sully at the deadline when stock could be higher.   Nuggets do this for a young shooting guard at cheap, a potential starting center for them that they can resign or one year rental, Turner gives them a ball handler and starter.  The draft pick might be the extra key.

The second trade I'm looking at is Charlotte and Boston.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfhca4u

Hornets - Kidd-Gilchrist
Celtics - Bradley, Young, (A first round pick in a future year, or a second rounder preferably)

This trade only happens if able to talk to Kidd-Gilchrist and do a long term deal.   Kidd-Gilchrist would give us a true young small forward.  Yes, his offence is not the greatest, but he's a top tier defended and offence can hopefully improve.  This also gives us Crowder to stay as off our bench and be the spark off the bench with Thomas.  Hornets do this for a starting shooting guard in Bradley to play next to Kember, they just got Batum who they'll probably resign to be the starting small forward.  Also giving them Young would give them a young shooting guard. 

The third trade I'm looking at is Philadelphia and Boston
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyfrkn3

76ers - Noel
Celtics - Olynky, Young, Rozier (One or Two 1st round picks)

Before you say anything Dragic is used in the trade machine to make it work, since Rozier can't be traded just yet because of the 30 days.  I'm not a fan of Rozier and thinks it was stupid to draft him since we drafted Smart with the 6th pick last year and traded for IT.  We give up a young big in Olynky which could be value to the 76ers as a stretch 4, Young is a talent once he gets going, Rozier gives the 76ers a true young point guard to match with Okafor.  Since it doesn't seem they've given up on Embiid so him and Okafor would be the two bigs in the rotation.  Also we give them one or two 1st rounders to keep them rebuilding. 

Re: Ideas - Trade Machine Game
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Trade 1 is a no you are trading our only true Center to add another PF to the glutton of PFs the team already has. The value is close though.

Trade 2 is a big No. MKG is a role player. AB is already equally impactful  and Young is only 20. On top of that you want to add a pick. Very bad value trade.

Trade 3 isn't bad if it is a Brooklyn pick, Dallas pick and Philly's second back only issue is Noel can't be moved till team tries Okafor and Noel combo out a year. Maybe at draft it happens.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I notice your theme seems to be getting guys known more for their D and a lot less for any offensive capabilities. 

- Faried - not what we need.  already have a plethora of PFs and they all score better than Faried.  Amir, Lee and Sully are also excellent rebounders as well so Faried is just basically a better defending/less offensively-skilled (and undersized) PF.  Don't get me wrong, I like Faried -- as a bench player -- but I'm not seeing him as a piece that we need.  The trade itself removes our one 'true' center for our 6th PF. Would not give up a pick for him.

- MKG - I just see him as a 'meh' player.  not enough offense to suit what we need at SF.  had a much better option in Green.  Not a big fan of AB or Young but both or just AB alone would be all I'd consider giving up for MKG.  no picks.

- Noel - fits a need though not offensively gifted.  Philly probably would need 2 1st rounders or at least a top 5 pick to go with the players you're offering (likely Brooklyn 2016).  have to admit, that I'd want to wait until draft night to make that deal to see (A) how high that pick is and (B) who's still on the board. 
If that's a top 5 pick and we have a foundation player available at that selection that's either the scoring wing or the center we need, I'd keep the pick and the players.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like all three players you have the Celts going after in these trades.  Of the three, I think Faried is probably gettable, though I wonder how much point there is in trading for him when the team has Lee, Sullinger, Olynyk, and Amir already.

As for the other two, I get the sense their current teams -- the teams that drafted them and saw them as potential stars -- are going to hold onto them a while longer until it's clear they have more value to trade partners than to their current teams.

The core that we'd get if all three trades were made -- Smart, MKG, Faried, Noel -- would be athletic, great on the boards, and very tough defensively.

Offense would be a messy adventure.

Still, I do like the idea of focusing on acquiring pieces that are quick, defensively versatile, good on the boards, and young with lots of room for growth.  A young team that focuses on defense, rebounding, and speed before other things will progress faster than a more finesse / scoring focused one.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
Trade 1 is a no you are trading our only true Center to add another PF to the glutton of PFs the team already has. The value is close though.

Trade 2 is a big No. MKG is a role player. AB is already equally impactful  and Young is only 20. On top of that you want to add a pick. Very bad value trade.

Trade 3 isn't bad if it is a Brooklyn pick, Dallas pick and Philly's second back only issue is Noel can't be moved till team tries Okafor and Noel combo out a year. Maybe at draft it happens.

Trade 1 - Yes I know we're trading our only true center, but looking towards future and it doesn't hurt us as bad as you think.  Lee is gone next year, Johnson we can trade or not pick up the option, Sully is gone unless we resign or trade.  Faried is signed to a long term deal, that in the new cap isn't going to be bad.  Since it's mostly looking like this season Johnson will be our center.  The trade doesn't need to involve a pick but I'd be willing for a second rounder in the deal. 

Trade 2 - Well I'm fine in no pick is involved, but I did say in this trade an extension would need to be in place before trade, and MKG is also only 21.  I'm looking at the fact with this trade it fills a need at small forwarf able to keep Crowder on our bench and fresh.  Also Both I think would be needed, since it also makes our roster complete and being down one more player. 

Trade 3 - I agree to a degree it'd be worth waiting till draft, but if they'd be willing to pull now, I'd personally be willing to take a shot.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
I like all three players you have the Celts going after in these trades.  Of the three, I think Faried is probably gettable, though I wonder how much point there is in trading for him when the team has Lee, Sullinger, Olynyk, and Amir already.

As for the other two, I get the sense their current teams -- the teams that drafted them and saw them as potential stars -- are going to hold onto them a while longer until it's clear they have more value to trade partners than to their current teams.

The core that we'd get if all three trades were made -- Smart, MKG, Faried, Noel -- would be athletic, great on the boards, and very tough defensively.

Offense would be a messy adventure.

Still, I do like the idea of focusing on acquiring pieces that are quick, defensively versatile, good on the boards, and young with lots of room for growth.  A young team that focuses on defense, rebounding, and speed before other things will progress faster than a more finesse / scoring focused one.

Not all three would be able to make as to make a team.  I was saying doing one of the three trades.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I want people to actually take sometime to actually do this post.  Not looking for ridiculous post of stupid trade, but think about present and future of the team.  Since in the ESPN trade machines you can't add draft picks say the picks, specially if it's needed to make the pick work.  I wanted to see who actually pay real attention to one the post, two the idea of trades and how they work.  You can agree or disagree on trades but just explain why you do or don't.  I'll be the first to admit I've replied to trades with "Are you kidding?" but looking to actually make a legit topic since trades seem to be a huge part of the board.  These are all separate trades, not doing them all, one or the other. 

The first trade I'm looking at is Denver and Boston.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nzp92qa

Nuggets - Faried
Celtics - Turner, Zeller, Young, (Might take a 1st in a future year in 17, or maybe a couple of seconds)

Why do this trade.  It gets under the roster space with one to spare, lets us keep Jones III and gives us a starting power forward for years to come.  This also gives us the option to either resign Sully to be our back up power forward or big in general. Lee is done after this year, Johnson we can trade next year or keep.  We can trade Sully at the deadline when stock could be higher.   Nuggets do this for a young shooting guard at cheap, a potential starting center for them that they can resign or one year rental, Turner gives them a ball handler and starter.  The draft pick might be the extra key.

The second trade I'm looking at is Charlotte and Boston.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfhca4u

Hornets - Kidd-Gilchrist
Celtics - Bradley, Young, (A first round pick in a future year, or a second rounder preferably)

This trade only happens if able to talk to Kidd-Gilchrist and do a long term deal.   Kidd-Gilchrist would give us a true young small forward.  Yes, his offence is not the greatest, but he's a top tier defended and offence can hopefully improve.  This also gives us Crowder to stay as off our bench and be the spark off the bench with Thomas.  Hornets do this for a starting shooting guard in Bradley to play next to Kember, they just got Batum who they'll probably resign to be the starting small forward.  Also giving them Young would give them a young shooting guard. 

The third trade I'm looking at is Philadelphia and Boston
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyfrkn3

76ers - Noel
Celtics - Olynky, Young, Rozier (One or Two 1st round picks)

Before you say anything Dragic is used in the trade machine to make it work, since Rozier can't be traded just yet because of the 30 days.  I'm not a fan of Rozier and thinks it was stupid to draft him since we drafted Smart with the 6th pick last year and traded for IT.  We give up a young big in Olynky which could be value to the 76ers as a stretch 4, Young is a talent once he gets going, Rozier gives the 76ers a true young point guard to match with Okafor.  Since it doesn't seem they've given up on Embiid so him and Okafor would be the two bigs in the rotation.  Also we give them one or two 1st rounders to keep them rebuilding.
Love the Faried trade. I think Turner and Zeller will be the odd ones out of the rotation when all was said and done so I think adding Faried for two back end rotation guys is a great deal.

I would add two firsts to that package. MKG is only 21 years old, and already an elite defender. His jump shot has improved with age so far and I don't see why that won't change.

To me the Sixers aren't looking for medium tier prospects and would rather just have the picks. I would give them 2 or 3 firsts for Noel.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Not all three would be able to make as to make a team.  I was saying doing one of the three trades.

I mean, there's no way the Celts could get all three, so it doesn't really matter.  Mainly I wanted to point out that I think targeting that sort of player and trying to refashion the team as such had some merit.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

I mean, there's no way the Celts could get all three, so it doesn't really matter.  Mainly I wanted to point out that I think targeting that sort of player and trying to refashion the team as such had some merit.

Ahhh okay. I thought you were thinking my post was saying to do them all.  I was saying in my original just to do one of the trades.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Ahhh okay. I thought you were thinking my post was saying to do them all.  I was saying in my original just to do one of the trades.

I know that the three trades overlapped a bit in the pieces involved.  Honestly, regardless of fit, I'd love it if doing all three were possible.  Unfortunately I only think trading for Faried is a possibility right now, though MKG and Noel could be available at some point in the future.

Smart - MKG - Noel would be a heck of a starting point defensively.  Exciting to think about, even if it would make things tough on Stevens to make it work on offense.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

I know that the three trades overlapped a bit in the pieces involved.  Honestly, regardless of fit, I'd love it if doing all three were possible.  Unfortunately I only think trading for Faried is a possibility right now, though MKG and Noel could be available at some point in the future.

Smart - MKG - Noel would be a heck of a starting point defensively.  Exciting to think about, even if it would make things tough on Stevens to make it work on offense.

I totally agree.  I would love to do the Faried trade now, think it helps us now and in the future.  Johnson and Lee and Sully even can play center for the time being.  Plus Faried would be a great piece long term and let us resign Sully as a backup for years to come.  MKG would be nice to pick up in free agency and make the deal for Noel at deadline.  Saying Bradley isn't involved in the trade for Noel.

Starting line

Center - Noel
Power Forward - Faried
Small Forward - MKG
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Smart

Bench
Power Forward - Johnson (if we keep but I'd trade in Noel deal)
Power Forward - Sully (Hope we resign)
Point Guard - Thomas
Center/ Power Forward - Olynyk
Shooting Guard - Hunter
Point Guard - Rozier (But would use in Noel trade)
Small Forward - Crowder
Power Forward - Mickey
Power Forward/Small Forward - Jerebko (trade in Noel)

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

I'm in general agreement with this reaction to your trade proposal except for the Noel idea which is the only one that has interest to me. Philly must know that their floor spacing will be terrible and if we make our offer enticing enough, they may bite. Their first request would be Smart and Brooklyn 2016. We say no and offer Rozier, Young or Hunter, Brooklyn 2016. Dallas protected 2016, and Minnesota protected 2016. Philly has interest in stars or potential stars, not rotation guys like Olynyk.

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The trade I'm waiting for is with Toronto.   With big money already going to TRoss & Joseph, I have to think they are entertaining Derozen offers.   

I would think AB and Olynyk make a lot of sense for both teams, especially with Derozen looking for a contract extension soon that Toronto likely wants no part of.   

My only guess is that Ainge doesn't want to add picks, or Ujuri doesn't want to trade within the division...

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 08:27:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Trade 1 - Yes I know we're trading our only true center, but looking towards future and it doesn't hurt us as bad as you think.  Lee is gone next year, Johnson we can trade or not pick up the option, Sully is gone unless we resign or trade.  Faried is signed to a long term deal, that in the new cap isn't going to be bad.  Since it's mostly looking like this season Johnson will be our center.  The trade doesn't need to involve a pick but I'd be willing for a second rounder in the deal. 

Trade 2 - Well I'm fine in no pick is involved, but I did say in this trade an extension would need to be in place before trade, and MKG is also only 21.  I'm looking at the fact with this trade it fills a need at small forwarf able to keep Crowder on our bench and fresh.  Also Both I think would be needed, since it also makes our roster complete and being down one more player. 

Trade 3 - I agree to a degree it'd be worth waiting till draft, but if they'd be willing to pull now, I'd personally be willing to take a shot.
Well those responses to 1 and 2 don't do much to sway my opinions on each trade. Letting AJ and Lee play center  isn't a good idea they will be over matched at the 5. MKG is still young doesn't mean he is worth AB, Young and an likely overpaid extension. And I actually agree Crowder belongs off the bench not starting. I'm all for Harrison Barnes though, switch Barnes instead of MKG and I'd be all for it.

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 04:11:19 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
of course this is visualization but i think zeller is going to improve immensly-strength and bulk with age
  and i see him extending his range and shooting  at an elite percentage-when celts get the elite center, zeller will  become an elite backup-durable ,runs the court ,shoots high percetage,handles ball well , flip hooks,hit his free throws,brings out there center-great teamate and reliable
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:21:34 AM by rollie mass »