Author Topic: Given enough practice time could an WNBA all star team beat the 76ers last year?  (Read 29904 times)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe if the 5 point line was added they would have a shot.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
No, now stop being disrespectful.

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
the WNBA team probably doesn't score more than 10 points. The 6ers would probably score every time down the floor. A decent division one boys high school team would beat the WNBA all-stars as well.

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
the WNBA team probably doesn't score more than 10 points. The 6ers would probably score every time down the floor. A decent division one boys high school team would beat the WNBA all-stars as well.

TP+.  Was just going to mention that it would be a victory for the WNBA team to break double digits in points.  The 76ers squad is made up of guys that are at least in the top 400 basketball players on planet earth.  Hell, they weren't even the worst team in the NBA.  These guys beat several NBA teams last year.  If they wanted to run up the score, they could make a mockery of the game.  180-8 or something along those lines.  And this isn't bashing the WNBA.  They are very talented.  But there is absolutely no comparison. 

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
There is no WNBA team that could beat any D League team let alone an NBA team lol.

I dunno why you picked the 76ers because they were the 3rd worst team weren't they?
But yeah there would be 25 teams in high school that would beat the WNBA all star team...probably more.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Hell no...an WNBA all star team would get killed by any random division 3 men's team and I would say any mid level high school team.

Have you seen Brittney Griner play? She is the most dominant big in the WNBA..and she looks un-coordinated as hell..I remember there were questions if she could make it to the NBA after her dominant career in college..she would get destroyed...keep in mind that she is probably the most athletic woman's player of all time and against guys she would be an absolute scrub.

It's weird but..women's basketball is the only sport where I'm delusional enough to think that if I trained hard enough I could keep up with the players in the WNBA..never think that with any other woman's sports...I just think women for whatever reason are not as good at basketball as other sports. I hope this doesn't sound sexist lol...and btw obviously I would not be able to keep up with the WNBA but that thought at least enters my mind..

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not if the guys were trying .

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hell no...an WNBA all star team would get killed by any random division 3 men's team and I would say any mid level high school team.

Have you seen Brittney Griner play? She is the most dominant big in the WNBA..and she looks un-coordinated as hell..I remember there were questions if she could make it to the NBA after her dominant career in college..she would get destroyed...keep in mind that she is probably the most athletic woman's player of all time and against guys she would be an absolute scrub.

It's weird but..women's basketball is the only sport where I'm delusional enough to think that if I trained hard enough I could keep up with the players in the WNBA..never think that with any other woman's sports...I just think women for whatever reason are not as good at basketball as other sports. I hope this doesn't sound sexist lol...and btw obviously I would not be able to keep up with the WNBA but that thought at least enters my mind..
I went to the source of all knowledge (Wikipedia!) and typed in D3 basketball....I got several divisions. I randomly clicked on some division I never heard of.

So then I had a choice of teams......Finlandia...never heard of em, but I couldn't pass up a team like Finlandia.

Here is their roster.....http://www.fulions.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Their biggest player is a 6ft 6 sophomore. He played 6.3 minutes per game last year where he got a fg% of .250 and a ft% of .375. They have one guy that's 5ft 8.  He's a junior and a lot better. He plays  25.2 minutes per game and has percentages of .344fg and .714ft. His assists to to ratio is a tiny bit better than 1 to 1.

Finlandia had a record of 12-13 last year and were far better at home.

I think the WNBA all star team's got this.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nope, they would stand no chance.  Noel would have like 30+ blocks.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens

I went to the source of all knowledge (Wikipedia!) and typed in D3 basketball....I got several divisions. I randomly clicked on some division I never heard of.

So then I had a choice of teams......Finlandia...never heard of em, but I couldn't pass up a team like Finlandia.

Here is their roster.....http://www.fulions.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Their biggest player is a 6ft 6 sophomore. He played 6.3 minutes per game last year where he got a fg% of .250 and a ft% of .375. They have one guy that's 5ft 8.  He's a junior and a lot better. He plays  25.2 minutes per game and has percentages of .344fg and .714ft. His assists to to ratio is a tiny bit better than 1 to 1.

Finlandia had a record of 12-13 last year and were far better at home.

I think the WNBA all star team's got this.

they would still be way more athletic and stronger..honestly it would be a close game because this team doesn't look very good at all but they would still beat the WNBA all stars...the rebounding advantage alone would be too much to overcome...you listed a guy that was 5"8..how many wnba players would be that height? Look at the heights of this years WNBA all star team and you"ll see a bunch of 5"8 and 5"9 players and 6"2-6"4 power forward and centers...Even though the finlandia team looks underwhelming when compared to other mens teams..they would still physically overmatch any wnba team.

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
but you know what...the skill level of the wnba players woild be much higher..It's hard to say because I feel like a motivated mens team would get pretty much every rebound..I think it'll be close...If you have a physical advantage even if you are not as skilled..you can win.

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I knew a guy who played no college ball and said he and his friends were beating a final four women's team so bad at half that they didnt even come back out to play. NO chance the WNBA team beats a professional men's team, unless the game counts in the loss column for the 76ers draft that is.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I knew a guy who played no college ball and said he and his friends were beating a final four women's team so bad at half that they didnt even come back out to play. NO chance the WNBA team beats a professional men's team, unless the game counts in the loss column for the 76ers draft that is.
A bunch of guys just played a pick up game with a final four women's team and crushed em?

Were the women exhausted or trying or playing everyone? I'm extremely dubious on this one