Author Topic: Teams needing a PF and one team needing an offensive swingman  (Read 1572 times)

Teams needing a PF and one team needing an offensive swingman
« on: August 09, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
The teams that I was able to find that need a PF are:

Brooklyn, Orlando, Phoenix, Sacramento, Toronto, and Utah.

The team needing an offensive swingman is Charlotte.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/06/03/2015-nba-draft-every-teams-biggest-need/

If I were Danny, I would be calling the six team listed above and gauging their interest in either KO or Sully.

I would be on the phone offering ET to Charlotte for a late first rounder or their second rounder in the next few years.  I know they got Lin, but he is more of a PG/SG and ET can easily play PG, SG, and SF and he can generate his own offense better than Lin.  Lin is better at getting to the line IMHO.

Toronto seems to really need a PF that can stretch the floor unless you believe that Scola has anything left.  I personally don't think he has much left.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Teams needing a PF and one team needing an offensive swingman
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The problem with trading Sully or Olynyk is that any team that could use them would probably only offer a mid to late first,  while the Celtics probably wouldn't consider giving them up unless they're getting more.

I'm all for getting anything at all for ET, but I doubt Danny will just dump him, roster crunch or not.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Let's just see how this team plays up to the Trade Deadline....Should be more value for our guys by then.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
The problem with trading Sully or Olynyk is that any team that could use them would probably only offer a mid to late first,  while the Celtics probably wouldn't consider giving them up unless they're getting more.

I'm all for getting anything at all for ET, but I doubt Danny will just dump him, roster crunch or not.
i hear (read??) what you are saying, but honestly, danny has done such an amazing job in trades lately that who knows what the outgoing and incoming would be. anyone how can trade the corpse of gerald wallace and his bloated albatross-salary for an above average big man can do amazing things.

what did the celtics give up for zeller? or IT?

you are right in that ainge wont dump a player for poor value.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Let's just see how this team plays up to the Trade Deadline....Should be more value for our guys by then.
i'm on board for this

Even though sully will only have half a year on his contract, he'll be a rfa
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/06/03/2015-nba-draft-every-teams-biggest-need/

If I were Danny, I would be calling the six team listed above and gauging their interest in either KO or Sully.

I would be on the phone offering ET to Charlotte for a late first rounder or their second rounder in the next few years.  I know they got Lin, but he is more of a PG/SG and ET can easily play PG, SG, and SF and he can generate his own offense better than Lin.  Lin is better at getting to the line IMHO.

Toronto seems to really need a PF that can stretch the floor unless you believe that Scola has anything left.  I personally don't think he has much left.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

I'm not sure of the needs of the following teams:

Brooklyn- Has Young at PF and I would be hesitant to give them a player (for a pick that they can't trade until 2020 anyways, so they could improve and hurt our pick this year and possibly the next 2 years as well.

Orlando- Frye, Harris (will play a lot of 4), and Gordon (who plays the 4 as well).

Sacramento- Added Cauley-Stein and Koufus so that Cousins plays exclusively as a 4.

Utah- Favors and they drafted Lyles.

Charlotte- Their main issue is shooting/spacing and guys that can play off of Big Al in the post/or Walker creating. Turner can't space the floor and needs the ball in his hands. Seems like a awful fit.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 07:58:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Thoughts??

Smitty77

I'm not sure of the needs of the following teams:

Brooklyn- Has Young at PF and I would be hesitant to give them a player (for a pick that they can't trade until 2020 anyways, so they could improve and hurt our pick this year and possibly the next 2 years as well.

Orlando- Frye, Harris (will play a lot of 4), and Gordon (who plays the 4 as well).

Sacramento- Added Cauley-Stein and Koufus so that Cousins plays exclusively as a 4.

Utah- Favors and they drafted Lyles.

Charlotte- Their main issue is shooting/spacing and guys that can play off of Big Al in the post/or Walker creating. Turner can't space the floor and needs the ball in his hands. Seems like a awful fit.

I still think that the Kings could use another big man (PF or C) in their rotation.

Lyles is SOFT and not yet likely a true PF.

Frye NEVER plays on the interior.  All he does is shoot threes.  Harris is NOT a PF.  Gordon really does not yet have a true PF body and is more of a SF/PF hybrid at this time.

I think the Hornets are DESPERATE to make the playoffs THIS year!!!!  ET helps them get there.  Do they really want mini-man Kemba taking all the last second shots??????????????  Who else will take them on that team????????????????  And don't say Batum who has NEVER been known for that.  Oh, I know, Frank the tank will be the man, right??:-)))))

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
the problem with the 'wait til the trade deadline" answer, is that we have to cut to 15 by Oct 31! Unless we're ok with just cutting PJIII (and Z Dragic obviouly) Danny has some work to do in the next couple months