Author Topic: Idea: Celtics/Suns/Wizards  (Read 2137 times)

Idea: Celtics/Suns/Wizards
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Markieff Morris wants out of PHX and maybe they're willing to grant his wish.
The Wizards need an upgrade over Humphries, Gooden, & Blair at PF. Enter Markieff Morris...

TO WAS: Markieff Morris

TO PHX: Olynyk, Webster

TO BOS: 2017 1st rd pick from WAS (top 14 protected), future 2nd rd pick from PHX

Would this be fair value for Olynyk? Would Ainge rather trade Sully? (NO WAY!)

PHX owns Miami's 2018 1st (top 7 protected) which is unprotected in 2019. Maybe we can snag that pick if we give them the Wizards pick from the proposal above. In that scenario the Suns would get to keep their 2nd rd pick, and possibly receive another 2nd rd pick from BOS (protected so it may not be conveyed).

Thoughts???

Re: Idea: Celtics/Suns/Wizards
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Not a bad trade, but Washington wins this trade IMO.  I would prefer the Miami pick as we have too many picks next year as it is.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I love this trade and makes sense for all parties.  I want to keep Sully, has way more upside then Olynyk.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
This seems like a reasonable proposal for all three teams that helps clean up our roster situation. I would also prefer the Miami pick. That could be a pretty interesting pick by 2018 if the situation there deteriorates, so Phoenix may balk.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 06:45:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I hate the idea of trading a player for a top 14 protected pick. We have enough picks. We actually need players and not more picks. Olynyk is or will be better than a pick later than 15 next year.  If you want to make it a player that is not needed like Young then sure do it. Olynyk does a lot of good things and I expect him to improve. Why would you just give him away for maybe a #18 pick?

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Doth my eyes deceiveth me? A Celtics trade idea that doesn't exponentially benefit the Celtics and/or badly rip off the team(s) they are trading with? TP for you!

This is a passable proposal compared to what I've seen on this board, but I'm with the crowd that believes that might not be good enough for Phoenix and too good for Washington. Then again, when the player wants out of the team they are playing on, that does lead to an underpay for his value.

That's got me convinced the Celtics will get involved with the Suns about Morris but will probably look towards getting an asset rather than Morris. I like Morris but he'd be put in our most overstocked position. I just wonder who they'll get rid of/who they'll get in return if such a deal were to occur.

Don't the Wizards have Nene at the 4? I wouldn't be surprised if they discuss a Morris/Nene swap this year considering Nene's an expiring and Morris' youth and his cap-friendly contract would make Washington a little more attractive for their summer target Kevin Durant.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Hate it.

I don't know how Kelly Olynyk's esteem around here dropped to the point where folks just want to essentially give him away to clear roster space?

Not me.  I want to keep him. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Hate it.

I don't know how Kelly Olynyk's esteem around here dropped to the point where folks just want to essentially give him away to clear roster space?

Not me.  I want to keep him.

Me either. He is or will be much better IMO than any late first round draft pick in 2 years. It's ridiculous how so many just want to give him away and Sully and ET - let's just give them all away and put our faith in rookies. I want to see the rookies succeed but let's wait and see if they do.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
well considered proposal for all the reasons others have pointed out. TP for you. I emphasize that Phx may need to accept less than full value on Morris given the situation. Having said that, I dont like the idea of KO being the man out to clear up our roster problems. The advance stats really do point to folks on the board truly undervaluing KO. So I wouldnt make this move if I'm Danny, assuming he has other possibilities in the works to fix the roster jam...

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I hate the idea of trading a player for a top 14 protected pick. We have enough picks. We actually need players and not more picks. Olynyk is or will be better than a pick later than 15 next year.  If you want to make it a player that is not needed like Young then sure do it. Olynyk does a lot of good things and I expect him to improve. Why would you just give him away for maybe a #18 pick?

pretty much this.  not understanding the point of giving up a decent rotation player with room to grow for a pick you know will not get into the lottery.  we have enough picks already.  need to get better players and a non-lottery pick is really unlikely to be better than KO.