Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72078 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Arsenal has found their new striker.

2 goals in 4 games and both ended up the game winners. 100% on shots on goal too, 2 shots taken, both were in the back of the net. The search is over!

His name is Own Goal.

If you're a Man City fan, "Own Goal" = "Richard Dunne."   ;D  Wenger is full of himself.  Unless he plans on suiting up and knocking goals in himself, he really needs to buck up and purchase a top-flight striker.  If it HAS to be a Frenchman, why not overwhelm Lyon with a massive bid for Lacazette?  ???

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2015, 09:00:45 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Ha, Chelsea lost to Palace.

It's actually turning up into a really good day.

An absolutely delicious day, I'd say!  Maybe the third-year Chelsea curse has struck Maureen yet again?

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

2 goals in 4 games and both ended up the game winners. 100% on shots on goal too, 2 shots taken, both were in the back of the net. The search is over!

His name is Own Goal.

If you're a Man City fan, "Own Goal" = "Richard Dunne."   ;D  Wenger is full of himself.  Unless he plans on suiting up and knocking goals in himself, he really needs to buck up and purchase a top-flight striker.  If it HAS to be a Frenchman, why not overwhelm Lyon with a massive bid for Lacazette?  ???

Lacazette just signed a new contract with Lyon. It would really need a massive bid to get him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 03:01:09 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

His name is Own Goal.

Lacazette just signed a new contract with Lyon. It would really need a massive bid to get him.

I keep hearing about Arsenal's massive warchest, but where is the move?  What is Wenger afraid of?   ???

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

His name is Own Goal.

I keep hearing about Arsenal's massive warchest, but where is the move?  What is Wenger afraid of?   ???

He's more stubborn that afraid, or at least that what I've been reading. He thinks that the guys he have will be good enough to win the title, even though the results tell a different tale.  Hesbalso the mind of manager (again, this is from what I'm reading) that waits for availability of players rather than being agressive.

What irks me the most is he keeps signing kids. I get that we need the players for the future, but it looks like he's more focused on buying wonderkids from other academies than actually winning a title. Cech was out only signing so far, but he signed 4 wonderkids in the process. I mean, that's good and all but how about adding quality to the first team squad first?

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2015, 12:36:30 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I can`t believe a EPL team can have this kind of comic defensive like like MU.... Embarassing

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Swansea have been terrific. I love their wide players Montero and Ayew. Surprised by Gomis up front. Always thought he fluffed a lot a chances but he has been in lethal form lately.

I think they've been the best team outside the big five so far this season.

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
According to RMS Sport in France, the fee for Martial is an initial 60million euros and then 20million euros in add-ons.

Yow .... that is insane money from Man Utd for someone so unproven

Update: New report from BBC of a 36 million pound deal (50 million euros). Still huge money for such a young player but not quite as crazy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:04:22 AM by Who »

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2015, 07:30:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My Lord, how could this happen?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34108093

David De Gea's proposed £29m move from Manchester United to Real Madrid has collapsed because the necessary paperwork was not submitted in time.

So now, Real Madrid can just get David De Gea next year for free? LOL, that would suck for United.

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2015, 06:11:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
According to RMS Sport in France, the fee for Martial is an initial 60million euros and then 20million euros in add-ons.

Update: New report from BBC of a 36 million pound deal (50 million euros). Still huge money for such a young player but not quite as crazy.

50-60 m is the same to me. How can you spent this kind of money for an completely unproven player??? Even if he turns to the second coming of Cantona the risk insane....The funny thing is that LVG had said after the Swansea game that they won`t go into panic buy mode....!

anyway i hope he pans out for MU but this is not the way to build a team .....

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2015, 08:55:18 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

50-60 m is the same to me. How can you spent this kind of money for an completely unproven player??? Even if he turns to the second coming of Cantona the risk insane....The funny thing is that LVG had said after the Swansea game that they won`t go into panic buy mode....!

I agree.

Kid has potential but it's not certain that he will pan out, especially in tough Premier League. That's way to expensive for a promising yet unproven player, especially when Charlie Austin, a proven goal scorer in the PL, is still available, at possibly MUCH cheaper.

But hey, atleast United is signing somebody, compare to Arsenal...  >:(

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

It was the add-ons. I thought they had knocked off the 20 million euro add-ons as well as 10 million euros off the initial price ... so I thought it was 30 million euro difference ... but nope, the add-ons are still part of the deal.

That 36 million pounds could become a 58 million pound deal (79 million euros).

I love that headline in L'Equipe. "More expensive than Zidane". French papers shocked at this.

Reports saying Tottenham were trying to buy the lad for ?15 million a few weeks ago. Obviously Monaco rejected this and felt he was much more valuable than that but the difference between the two bids is astronomical.

Edit: I thought I'd throw this in = a different way of looking at these figures:

An alternative way is to measure against the club income. Zidane ?75m / 138m RM income = 54%. Martial ?80m / 518m MU inc = 15%
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:22:53 AM by Who »

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2015, 10:08:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Excited to see Martial play for United. I was watching the Monaco-PSG game on the weekend and I thought he was very impressive in that game. Speed and power. Dribbling ability. think he will be instantly United's best striker given how badly Rooney had played this season.

I don't think Rooney is good enough to play for Man Utd anymore. Or any other top club. I think he needs to move down to a midtable team. It'll be nigh on impossible to get rid of that 300k a week contract though.

« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Anyway i look it Who this is a very risky and unreasonable transfer ... unless he turns into Ibrahimovic but i seriously doubt that.... Everyone is looking for the next henry but end up overpaying for average strikers just because they are french

In the long run the french guy maybe a better option but i`d rather get Kane ....

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
4th bid rejected by WBA for Berahino.

Berahino has now tweeted that he will never play for WBA again

Saido Berahino ?@SBerahino  43m43 minutes ago
Sad how i cant say exactly how the club has treated me but i can officially say i will never play Jeremy Peace.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16