Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72092 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2015, 03:50:09 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
So, apparently, from what I've read on Sky Sports, Chelsea just swooped in for Pedro. How did United blew that one?
Reports of Pedro having 2nd thoughts about playing for Van Gaal because of how Van Gaal has treated both David De Gea and especially Victor Valdes who is a close friend of Pedro from their Barca days.

I am surprised more players do not avoid Van Gaal. He has a long list of problematic relationship with players throughout his career.

He's fortunate to have avoided King Louie at this time, and I'm quite sure he is fully cognizant of this...:-)  Great signing for Chelsea, and for a great price. 

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The Benzema rumors are really heating up. BBC Sport is now reporting said rumors, and betting odds of Karim Benzema joining Arsenal are dropping.

I can't wait 10 more days of this! I've been waiting for two years, I NEED AN ANSWER!!!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
The Benzema rumors are really heating up. BBC Sport is now reporting said rumors, and betting odds of Karim Benzema joining Arsenal are dropping.

I can't wait 10 more days of this! I've been waiting for two years, I NEED AN ANSWER!!!
What would be madrid's motivation to sell benzema? Feature bale more?

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Rafa Benitez, from what I've read, want's Cristiano Ronaldo to play Centre in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Gareth Bale going to the left wing. I don't know who will be on the right in that formation, certainly not Benzema's position.

Also, there's this budding idea that the £45 million fee for Benzema will fund for Marco Reus, which fits the winger bill.

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2015, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen

Rafa Benitez, from what I've read, want's Cristiano Ronaldo to play Centre in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Gareth Bale going to the left wing. I don't know who will be on the right in that formation, certainly not Benzema's position.

Also, there's this budding idea that the £45 million fee for Benzema will fund for Marco Reus, which fits the winger bill.
Makes sense. As someone who hasn't been following soccer for nearly as long as the nba or any of the other major American sports, it's unbelievable how these guys get bought and sold like stocks. The turnover rate is absurd

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wow.

United controlled most of the game, had more chances, but failed to score. All this new signings and in three games so far, they can't finish an attack.

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2015, 03:58:24 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Wow.

United controlled most of the game, had more chances, but failed to score. All this new signings and in three games so far, they can't finish an attack.

In all three of their matches so far, they seem to simply lack that final ball. 

Chicharito has to put that chance away, regardless of what Krul does.  Viewed the Spurs-Foxes match, which was a trying affair, and then an absolutely horrible match between Roma and Verona.  Hopefully, Chelsea and City will provide some excitement in a few hours (4.5, to be exact... ;)).

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2015, 07:37:51 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I think Watford v Southampton is the game to watch today. An entertaining newly promoted side against a team having a bit of a bad start - Europa League notwithstanding.

Of course now I've said that it's bound to be a drab 0-0...

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2015, 09:19:43 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Berahino out of the squad against Chelsea today.  Sounds like he is headed to spurs. 

Also apparently victor wanyama as well as the defensive midfielder we need so bad
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2015, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think Watford v Southampton is the game to watch today. An entertaining newly promoted side against a team having a bit of a bad start - Europa League notwithstanding.

Wanyama was reported to be wanting out of the club. Interesting to see where he'll end up. And that could hurt. Losing both him and Schneiderlin in that holding midfield position would be tough.

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wow.

In all three of their matches so far, they seem to simply lack that final ball. 

Chicharito has to put that chance away, regardless of what Krul does.  Viewed the Spurs-Foxes match, which was a trying affair, and then an absolutely horrible match between Roma and Verona.  Hopefully, Chelsea and City will provide some excitement in a few hours (4.5, to be exact... ;)).

I don't watch Serie A, mainly because I don't know where to watch, but I'm mighty interested in Roma due to Wojciech Szczesny. As an Arsenal fan, I love the Cech signing, but he's hasn't impressed so far. I want Szczesny breathing down his neck all the time. And he had a brilliant double save last night.

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

Wanyama was reported to be wanting out of the club. Interesting to see where he'll end up. And that could hurt. Losing both him and Schneiderlin in that holding midfield position would be tough.

I hope so. Should be a nice sell-on bonus for my Scottish team Glasgow Celtic.

The game is indeed a drab 0-0 with 15 minutes to go...

I wonder how long Southampton can continue to be a stepping stone club for. They have a phenomenal scouting system and apparently have an analytics team that would rank up there with most NBA teams... but surely their run of good signings has to end?

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Manchester City got 9 points out of possible 9, and have not been scored on yet.

They look on top form as of now, and they have Kevin De Bruyne potentially coming in? Scary.

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
City look really impressive right now. Hard to pick out a hole in the way they've played.

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen

https://twitter.com/Benzema/status/635844916896264193

Make of it what you will...