Author Topic: Avery Bradley for Dante Exum straight up.  (Read 16477 times)

Re: Avery Bradley for Dante Exum straight up.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 01:19:45 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Why would Utah do this? Dante Exum's potential could very well surpass what Bradley is as an NBA player right now if he pans out. In one year, he showed he's already a better passer than Bradley. He also showed flashes that he can play good defense. He's just 20, in two years time he could easily develop into a really good two way player. And you're asking Utah to give up on him in his 2nd year, when he's still 20 years old, just because he had an ACL tear?

Nerlens Noel tore his ACL and came back very well, it's safe to say that Exum can come back as strong. That injury won't be the reason the Jazz will not only sell low, but will completely give up on a high draft pick just a year after his rookie season.

And who says Utah is on win now mode? They have a great future, so they're probably not as concerned as competing now. Favors is 24, Hayward is 25, Rodney Hood is 22, Rudy Gobert is 23. You add Exum to that and Utah will have a great starting 5 who's still relatively young in 2-3 years. While they could probably win some games with that talent, they will definitely not mortgage the future of that young core for Avery Bradley. I mean, if they really are on win now, surely they could get a lot more for Exum than just Avery Bradley, even with the ACL tear.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 04:39:12 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
acl and missing another season,who knows how he comes back-slower ,more tentative,less vertical and the knock on effect-

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
great we will add another PG to our team

it makes no sense for boston to add exum unless we truly believed exum could be an allstar
we already have rozier, smart and thomas

also its doesnt make sense for utah to just give up on exum because he is injured for one season

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 05:01:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Quote by Utah Jazz front office,  12.17pm, 04 August 2015

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA you've got to be kidding me? A role player for our 4th overall pick?

Put this on the RealGM Jazz forum and see the erm...lovely...response you get.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 05:56:19 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Exum is another cult hero on these blogs .....another Rivers celebrity media darling.

Let him go where he will be treasured

The LA Lakers .

Bradley is old school and not spoiled . 

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 08:48:07 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
pffft. Besides the fact that it's a terrible move, no FO would do this because fans would be sooooo mad. You're giving up on your #4 overall pick, which fans had to endure a season of constant losses to land, after one year? Because he tore his ACL? They would need bodyguards.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Quote by Utah Jazz front office,  12.17pm, 04 August 2015

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA you've got to be kidding me? A role player for our 4th overall pick?

Put this on the RealGM Jazz forum and see the erm...lovely...response you get.

Should we trust the opinion of a Jazz fan who doesn't know that Exum was actually the 5th pick?

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

They have a PG in Trey Burke who's way ahead of Exum right now. Burke avg. 13 ppg and 5 apg his rookie year Exum avg. 4.8 ppg 2.4 apg.
 Avery is better than Exum right now buy a mile, especially considering defense. Exum won't be the player he was for a year and a half. And the player he was 5pts and two assists. I make the trade If I'm Utah. He tore his ACL. His stock is down news flash.

You could just admit you don't follow Utah before saying that Burke is "way ahead" of Exum (he's so far ahead that he got benched for the foreign rookie not even halfway into last season and was thisclose to getting traded before this injury). I'm also not sure why you seem to be implying Exum is a weak defender considering that's the one area he was excellent in (at least for a rookie) this past season.

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Exum is another cult hero on these blogs .....another Rivers celebrity media darling.

Let him go where he will be treasured

The LA Lakers .

Bradley is old school and not spoiled .

What does this even mean.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 10:08:29 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and the 2016 Boston 1st for Derrick Favors and Rodney Hood

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I miss Telfair.

I hated that trade, we should have drafted Rudy Gay.

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 Watching him in summer league, he has a first quick step.   But I thought he got a lot of star calls in summer league, that he won't get in regular NBA.   He has not done that well so far for where he was picked.   I would not do it.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Bradley and Rozier would you make that trade. I wouldn't if I'm Danny. Exum is Overrated.

Exum is not overrated.  I'd do that in a heartbeat were I Danny.  I'd bet Exum gets you Nerlens.

Seriously, how do you not know Exum is not overrated? I sincerely doubt you've seen much of his play at all. He was on the court for fewer than 2,000 minutes last year. He averaged 5 points, 2.5 assists and 1.5 rebounds (per 36 of 8/4/3) last season. Every metric isn't kind - ORtg, DRtg, VORP, Win shares, etc. He mainly rode the bench in international play. I think he may have played in 1 summer league game this offseason (though I could be wrong on that).

So what have you seen that tells you that Exum is a stud and would net you a 21 year old big man who averaged 13/10 after the All-Star game last year and who is a true rim protector? Because on the face of it, that's a laughable statement.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Utah drafted Exum to be a game changer for their franchise. A potential All Star who can take over  a game with size and finesse. They were thinking Penny Hardaway when they drafted him. 14 months later, there's no way that they are resolute in trading him for Avery Bradley, a decent player who does not deserve to start for a winning team.

If Utah thinks that Exum will not pan out, why should the Celtics take a different view? Guy just doesn't pass the eye test, and would need to make crazy strides to become an all star or Penny.

Bradley makes sense for Celtics fans who see him as disposable. Why trade a top 5 pick a year after the draft for a disposable player?

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Utah drafted Exum to be a game changer for their franchise. A potential All Star who can take over  a game with size and finesse. They were thinking Penny Hardaway when they drafted him. 14 months later, there's no way that they are resolute in trading him for Avery Bradley, a decent player who does not deserve to start for a winning team.

If Utah thinks that Exum will not pan out, why should the Celtics take a different view? Guy just doesn't pass the eye test, and would need to make crazy strides to become an all star or Penny.

Bradley makes sense for Celtics fans who see him as disposable. Why trade a top 5 pick a year after the draft for a disposable player?

Because, to quote greece666 (I think?) "Basketball is a five on five game played for 48 minutes and at the end the Celtics win."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.