Author Topic: Dante Exum with torn ACL?  (Read 7462 times)

Dante Exum with torn ACL?
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/08/jazz-fear-dante-exum-has-torn-acl.html

I wonder if this leads Jazz to look for backcourt help....

Re: Dante Exum with torn ACL?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Bummer. I was really excited to see what type of progress Exum would make next season.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Hope it's not bad, wishing for a speedy recovery. I hate to see players get injured.  :(
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:50:26 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
really does suck for the jazz, felt that he made some strides in that one game he played Boston in. These national team injuries are proving to be a huge detriment to the players respective teams. The NBA pays the players, and the national teams seem to just injure them. I can see in the future there being stipulations in players contracts that bars them from playing for these teams.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Bradley and one of Olynyk/Sullinger for Favors? Add a pick somewheres?

Seriously though, that's really sad news for Exum. I really feel for the guys who have so much natural ability and their body fails them. Hopefully he comes back fully healthy and unit doesn't affect him long term. Unfair as it may be, the "bust" word will start to be whispered after two unproductive seasons. Look at how hard people around here rip James Young even though he's only 19 and hardly played in one season.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Seriously though, that's really sad news for Exum. I really feel for the guys who have so much natural ability and their body fails them. Hopefully he comes back fully healthy and unit doesn't affect him long term. Unfair as it may be, the "bust" word will start to be whispered after two unproductive seasons. Look at how hard people around here rip James Young even though he's only 19 and hardly played in one season.

Nah, just trade for Hood.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Nah, just trade for Hood.

For both of those guys? No way. I like Rodney Hood, but he's not at AB's level. And he's not all that much younger. He can shoot and has wing size, I could certainly see a fit here for him if we made a few moves, but you can't give up Bradley AND one of Sully or Olynyk for him. I'd considering giving the Jazz a mediocre 1st (Say, our own 2016 pick, top 10 or 12 protected)to include Hood in such a deal.

I really like Favors. I like Sully's potential too, I think he could become a really good player if he gets his act together, but Favors is just a better talent. It would suck to lose AB, but you can build a really good front court around Favors.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Man, I guess you can only hope it is a sprain. That is not the kind of thing you want to happen when you are trying to prove yourself as a young player.

I have been thinking about Exum a lot lately on my runs as I, too, am a mouth-breather  :P

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Pretty upsetting news to wake up to, these non-contact knee injuries tend to be a torn ACL just about every time.  :'(

Didn't have an injury at all in his rookie season, now a bad ankle sprain and probably a torn ACL in the off season. Sucks big time.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/08/jazz-fear-dante-exum-has-torn-acl.html

I wonder if this leads Jazz to look for backcourt help....

Unfortunate, but I doubt the Jazz look for another PG.  They still have tree healthy ones, and for some reason the disabled list/injured reserve doesn't exist in the NBA, so adding yet another one would mean that 1/3 of their roster was point guards.

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Is Alec Burks much of a PG or is he more of a scoring guard?

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:49:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wish Exum recovers.

But the Celts dodged a bullet by having the 76ers pick Embiid,  Jazz pick Exum. Gordon has been injured also.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Lets hope the mouth breather recovers quick!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Is Alec Burks much of a PG or is he more of a scoring guard?

Burks is a straight-up wing.  Burke would be their likely PG with the first team now.  Although they might bring in Neto to start the game and continue to use Burke as their sparkplug 6th man.

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 12:18:53 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery so he can get back on the court and continue to show us all how ridiculously over-hyped he was coming into last year's draft.

Get well soon, Dante. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson