Author Topic: Best player in high school is a junior  (Read 2041 times)

Best player in high school is a junior
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Best player in high school is a junior
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:30:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
allready fracured a kneecap-basketball isakiller on knees in englandand studies insouth africa are seeing exploding knee issues from basketball-most courts in england are not wood, no spring-my sons team decimated by knee issues from growth and those floors-nobody deserves to come home crying and icing their knees-

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He'll actually be draft-eligible in 2017 I think, since he's from the Bahamas, and will be 19 in 2017, although he'd have to stop high school before graduating (since he can't "complete" high school in the U.S.).

And as that article talks about how his school might not qualify him for college in the U.S., it could be an option for him.  I'm more confident in the 2017 Nets pick being a great one than I am

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
That 2017 class is looking awfully good. Remind me, which of the next three years is the one in which we only have one draft pick? Oh, yeah.

Our usual draft luck.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:45:20 AM by mef730 »

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
That 2017 class is looking awfully good. Remind me, which of the next three years is the one in which we only have one draft pick? Oh, yeah.

Mike

If Dallas finishes with a top 7 pick this year, we could have two in 2017.  Which is why it's completely okay if Dallas finishes with a top 7 pick this year (unlikely they'll be able to rebound out of the lottery the following season).

Edit:  for the player in this article, it's still likely he's a 2018 draftee.  I just think there's a chance he's 2017.  There's also a chance the rules change and he can't enter until 2019.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Our usual draft luck.

Mike

It's ok. We had a pretty high pick in the "once in a generation" 2014 draft, which was chock full of franchise cornerstones. We're all set.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
TP to both.

Mike

If Dallas finishes with a top 7 pick this year, we could have two in 2017.  Which is why it's completely okay if Dallas finishes with a top 7 pick this year (unlikely they'll be able to rebound out of the lottery the following season).

Edit:  for the player in this article, it's still likely he's a 2018 draftee.  I just think there's a chance he's 2017.  There's also a chance the rules change and he can't enter until 2019.

Fair point. I swore to myself that I wasn't going to get all agitated about the strength/weakness of the 2016 class vs 2017 until one of them had done something noteworthy, like, you know, setting foot on a college court (the freshmen, anyway). 2015 wasn't supposed to be a great year, but by the end of the year, most of us had at least a couple of players that we were salivating for (Apparently ESPN did its job, which is getting us all psyched up and clicking links.)

Our usual draft luck.

Mike

It's ok. We had a pretty high pick in the "once in a generation" 2014 draft, which was chock full of franchise cornerstones. We're all set.

;D

Mike