Author Topic: mickey,rozier and rj vs winslow  (Read 7455 times)

Re: mickey,rozier and rj vs winslow
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 04:41:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i think rj could actually make the earliest impact-
he is a shooter with range and off dribble or spot up- with his height and length and quick release i believe that skill set is the easiest transition to nba-
winslow is going to have to adjust to size and athletic bigs-his strength and size in college was overpowering not  when he steps up in real time-
another advantage for rj is how he takes what is given and adapts,he doesn't and never has had ability to overpower-so his tools are strengths that translate timing,deception,playing off teamates and range too spread court and then that omg deep range-

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 08:01:33 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
To light? He's already 242 pounds and he's a rookie he's got a 74 wingspan but the most important thing is he leaves the ground like a bolt of lightning that's the hard thing to find he'll be fine is a big man .

I'm surprised....242 pounds.  Saw him once in person.  He didn't seem that big. 

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rozier has "NBA - READY defense" already,  which is usually a good way to get playing time early.

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Rozier has "NBA - READY defense" already,  which is usually a good way to get playing time early.

Not to disagree with you, but is there such a thing as NBA defense when it comes to guards driving to the hoop?  Seems with the advent of the no-hand-checking rule players can drive toward the basket at will.  Then, throw themselves into the guarding player and either draw a foul and/or get a free path to the basket.  (I'm presuming there isn't any player near the rim protecting it.)

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
rozier has it the toughest ,to adust to nba pace of game ,speed of guards and to run a nba offence-i'm glad isiah is there to teach him how to absorb going to rim against bigs-mickey will be okay with that bounce and length and before season starts he might put on some bulk along with rj
-if rj is open he will take it ,he will draw fouls like isiah,he will catch and shoot  and use pump fake penetrate and find open man-
gi gi defense was poor last year but he could shoot -so can rj
,unlike young rj's been a main scorer from outside for a long time-he was known as a shooter not just his stroke but he put points on the board-