Author Topic: mickey,rozier and rj vs winslow  (Read 7434 times)

mickey,rozier and rj vs winslow
« on: August 04, 2015, 05:30:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 might make us forget jusice winslow,winslow has nba ready body  but that advantage he had at SL is nullified once he steps on court-
elite burst ,motor and d for rozier,range quick release and IQ for hunter,and mickey elite bounce and timing-winslow with all his hype may look like a bust
i  sometimes think duke/kentucy guys can coast and not work on their weakness do to extreme talent on team and one and done-
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:52:04 AM by rollie mass »

Re: mickey,rozier and rj vs winslow
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:14 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
It always looked to me like Winslow was the one prospect with the right motor, but it will take a year or 2-3 to be able to properly evaluate the proposed trade, if only because we apparently also offered a Brooklyn pick. Justise played for Duke however, not Kentucky.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:19:06 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
TP I was looking to post something similar.  Glad you beat me to the punch. 

In the post draft interviews Danny was asked if he was frustrated by not being able to make a deal.  He said, "no" and that he felt "relieved" that the transaction didn't take place.  He said it would have put a lot of pressure on this player to live up the high expectations. 

I didn't watch any game Winslow played in during the Summer League.  So, can't say if would have been worth the all the picks.  He shot a low percentage from what I read. However, I did get to see a bit of Washington's pick Kelly Oubre.  Lot of people knock his game because he isn't a polished player.  But, I felt he more than made up for it with his physicality.  He simply over-powers players his height or shorter.  Paired with John Wall he might be tough to contain.

This may be the same case for Winslow in Miami.  They have a lot of fire power on offense which may mask Winslow offensive deficiencies.  None of the Celtics draft picks have the physical toughness of Winslow.  This may come back to haunt them in the long run. 

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
he is from duke..

and I still would take him over all 3 of our draftees.

Winslow has atleast butler like potential.

Our three draftees are good roleplayers at best.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It didn't happen so it is moot.   But it looks like he has some adjusting given his SL performance.  I suppose summer league means nothing but aren't you supposed to do good for people to say that?

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 08:12:27 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I actually think this was Danny's best draft in some time.

Rozier, Hunter and Mickey IMO will all prove to be good players who start at various points in their careers. Rozier and Hunter may become ASs at some point too.

The potential that Rozier has is still underestimated here IMO.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 08:17:24 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

Rozier, Hunter and Mickey IMO will all prove to be good players who start at various points in their careers. Rozier and Hunter may become ASs at some point too.

Not sure if it's a typo or an acronym I'm not familiar with...."ASs" ?  (assets?)

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858

Not sure if it's a typo or an acronym I'm not familiar with...."ASs" ?  (assets?)

Maybe he means derrieres?

Seriously,  I read it to mean All Stars.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:40:28 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

Could be wrong but i think he was meaning to shorten "All-Stars" :)

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:42:13 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

Maybe he means derrieres?

Seriously,  I read it to mean All Stars.

"derrieres"  - Quite clever :) TP 

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Yes, All-Stars was the intention--thanks.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
there just was an article on rookies and effciency in SL,the author skipped your big names in first 5 and focused on the sixth most effcient -quess who, rj hunter -3 point bombs,blocks,steals and getting to foul line-
espn kevin pelton ranks him behind towns,kaminsly wright,russell and porzingas-he thinks he is a rookie that could have legit impact-after those two bad first games he hit 39% from 3 and went to the free throw line 5.4 times a game-opps no winslow
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:29:44 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Yes, All-Stars was the intention--thanks.
actually, i like derrieres better.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'll take Winslow alllll day. Don't let his relatively unspectacular (but not bad) SL performance distract from the fact that he absolutely dominated the NCAA, especially in the second half of the season when he wasn't nagged by injuries. He is arguably a better prospect than Okafor and it is insane that he slid to #10. That said, once you start adding in future picks as well, including a Bkn pick, things start getting murkier.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i loved mickey's blockings skill but i was transfixed watching rj unfold,watching him adapt right in front of your eyes ,from drawing fouls ,to assists while patiently navigating the paint,
-i loved his floater and there was one he drew the foul  fading away and too the side and just missed the bank, he clapped his hands in frustration even with the call-he knew it was pretty and wanted the finish
those deep dagger three's just emphasized his range and caused the defence to spread-you could see the game slow for him-i loved the way he ran patterns very prince with his subtle change of pace and timing 
 he improved defensivily using his teamates and hounding his man with those prince like long arms for steals and blocks-it was just plain old fun-
-there is a shooter in the house and maybe much more-