Author Topic: Nancy Lieberman signs with SAC as Assistant Coach... DMC loves it.  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Even when I went in the first day of practice, I’m sure a lot of these guys had no clue who I am, which is fine with me. But the next day it was, ‘Coach, I Googled you.’ ‘Coach, my dad told me who you are.’ We’re walking into the hotel after the first practice. I had not met DeMarcus (Cousins). And he held the door and I walked in, and he put his arm on my shoulder and said ‘you gonna be with us this year?’ And I said ‘I hope so. You want me to?’ And he said, ‘uh huh. Super.’ I connect to guys. I can laugh with them. I can be sarcastic with them. I have a son. I’ve been with this my whole life. What I am going to be is me…I’m consistently consistent. I’m a goofball. I’m a lifer. I’m demanding, because I demand that you be great. I demand that you be the best of who you are every day. I’ll give you reasons to show up and make the details matter. I want to inspire you, because I care. I want to pour love, kindness, passion, teaching into you every day. And I want you to know why Coach Karl has you on this team every day.

This is going to put a damper on my hopes of DMC landing in BOS.

Nancy Lieberman is a HoFer for those who don't know her. She paved the way for so many female athletes, and was the one who helped Becky Hammon link up with Coach Pops.

Shes a very sweet and strong willed woman who I enjoy watching in interviews.

This might definitely bring more women into the coaching area of NBA, and we might even see a female head coach some day. Who knows?

I'm hoping Lieberman does an excellent job, but I'm hoping there is just way too turmoil to fix in the Sacramento Kings and we eventually land DMC and Melo.

#fingerscrossed #pipedream
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Nancy Lieberman signs with SAC as Assistant Coach... DMC loves it.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Quite a step up from coaching Dallas's D-League team.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Even when I went in the first day of practice, I’m sure a lot of these guys had no clue who I am, which is fine with me. But the next day it was, ‘Coach, I Googled you.’ ‘Coach, my dad told me who you are.’ We’re walking into the hotel after the first practice. I had not met DeMarcus (Cousins). And he held the door and I walked in, and he put his arm on my shoulder and said ‘you gonna be with us this year?’ And I said ‘I hope so. You want me to?’ And he said, ‘uh huh. Super.’ I connect to guys. I can laugh with them. I can be sarcastic with them. I have a son. I’ve been with this my whole life. What I am going to be is me…I’m consistently consistent. I’m a goofball. I’m a lifer. I’m demanding, because I demand that you be great. I demand that you be the best of who you are every day. I’ll give you reasons to show up and make the details matter. I want to inspire you, because I care. I want to pour love, kindness, passion, teaching into you every day. And I want you to know why Coach Karl has you on this team every day.

This is going to put a damper on my hopes of DMC landing in BOS.

Nancy Lieberman is a HoFer for those who don't know her. She paved the way for so many female athletes, and was the one who helped Becky Hammon link up with Coach Pops.

Shes a very sweet and strong willed woman who I enjoy watching in interviews.

This might definitely bring more women into the coaching area of NBA, and we might even see a female head coach some day. Who knows?

I'm hoping Lieberman does an excellent job, but I'm hoping there is just way too turmoil to fix in the Sacramento Kings and we eventually land DMC and Melo.

#fingerscrossed #pipedream

Yeah, I hate it when I have to root against people I can't help rooting for. Like Pierce and Garnett in Brooklyn when the Celtics had their pick. (Or Pierce with the Clippers when I hate them.)

I love Cousins. I still root for Rondo. Lieberman is great. But I want it to fall apart just for the chance at getting Cousins in Boston. But I also don't.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
There will be a female head coach in the NBA by the 2018-19 season, true or false?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:50:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think it's awesome to see women  start to take on these roles in the NBA.

That being said, even with her credentials I just can't help but think that Sacramento is just doing everything in their power to make this team implode. They need stability more than anything, but it just seems like they're constantly searching for the next home run hit to change their franchise's luck and/or incompetence. That is a highly volatile environment, and it's just going to take one dominoe to fall for that place to implode.

I would've liked to see her in a better, more stable environment rather than Sacramento. San Antiono was a perfect situation for BH, not so much Sacramento for NL.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
She may be the first women head coach when Karl gets fired.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:09 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

This
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

This

Wow. Good point. Didn't realize this.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I actually played pickup game with her when she was a star in college .  I got first hand knowledge the player she was. ........awesome and smart too....very clever

I got my butt stomped , kicked , flattened ,  and was totally humiliated ......she could pass like Pistol Pete , shoot like Ray Allen and run like a deer. ..... ;D

Hands down the best basketball player i was on a court with in my life.