Author Topic: Celtics 8th most likely destination to land Kevin Durant?  (Read 3071 times)

Celtics 8th most likely destination to land Kevin Durant?
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
http://www.celticslife.com/2015/08/celtics-8th-most-likely-destination-to.html?m=1

Lol i am not doing this to myself ever again after this offseason.  So no crossed fingers or holding of breath.  I'm simply going for the ride.  However i'm still interested in ppl's opinion on our chances of getting KD.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Celtics 8th most likely destination to land Kevin Durant?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
http://www.celticslife.com/2015/08/celtics-8th-most-likely-destination-to.html?m=1

Lol i am not doing this to myself ever again after this offseason.  So no crossed fingers or holding of breath.  I'm simply going for the ride.  However i'm still interested in ppl's opinion on our chances of getting KD.
About the same as winning the lottery I suppose.  I mean, anything is possible.  But I would not waste my time worrying about it.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Durant isn't going to come here, because nothing about BOS stands out when compared to OKC/WAS.

WAS= Hometown, top 10 PG in Wall, and Bradley Beal, plus good friend in Kelly Oubre.

OKC= Team that drafted him, boasts a superstar in Westbrook, and potential DPOY/ 3 and D bigmen in Ibaka.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Anything can happen, of course.  I'd think the C's are in the 3-5 range for KD, but OKC and WAS are definitely the top two teams, and everyone else is distant.  How we play this season is important.  If we can get 50 wins and have a playoff run that exceeds the Wizards and Thunder, that would give us a puncher's chance, because it would mean that we have a better nucleus than most think, and are potentially closer to a championship than his top two options.  When you look at it, a lot of teams won't have Durant level money available, and most of the ones that do won't be very good at all.

If Durant is interested in teaming up with Horford, we're also the only decent team that can make that happen.  Don't know if he'd be interested in that at all, however.

I'm not getting my hopes high at all -- I'd be shocked if he didn't choose one of the two obvious options.  But I also think a strong season can get us into the conversation.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
How was the arbitrary 8th decided upon?

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:03:48 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
The 8th most likely destination means as much as being the 538th most likely destination, even if it wasn´t just some dude´s opinion.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »

Offline BraxVitto

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The landscape is changing in the NBA......no telling where he'll land.....Kevin will go where he fits the best with the best team .

Some rising , some falling ......a bunch of teams this blog likesare going to implode in a couple to three years . ..due to coaches retiring or players leaving or age of vets

I think the Celtics stock is one of the fastest climbing .....

I think the Bucks and Pelicans and Jazz are prime scooting to the top with Celtics distant .

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:32 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
By the end of this season, we could have been the fourth seed in the East, beaten the Wizards in round one and taken the Cavs to six in the conference semifinals and Marcus Smart and Amir Johnson could be getting all-star buzz.

In that sort of situation it's at least plausible that Durant considers us. It's unlikely we'll be in that situation and it's unlikely Durant will even want to leave in the first place, but we've got to snag a winning lottery ticket from somewhere and playing as well as possible this season for Durant is at least another opportunity we can pursue/dream about.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We are Lebron's 27th choice so there.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

You had to a be fool if you thought a big free agent was coming here this year.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 09:56:52 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Stranger things have happened. I don't think there's great reasons to rule it out totally. Depends how the season goes. It'd be nice! (Obviously) ????????????

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 12:01:09 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Well getting anyone is always a long shot. We don't even know that he will trade teams and there are 30 teams in the league. But, that said, we have a better shot than most. First our city doesn't suck, so of the 30 teams, you can probably get rid of 10 right there. We are also not mismanaged. You can probably get rid of another few teams.

I wuldn't expect to get KD, but I'm keeping an eye on him the same way I do for DMC, Melo, Love exc.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 05:23:55 AM »

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8

My thoughts exactly!

On a serious note, I wouldn't hold my breath. Our only hope of luring Durant is the positive culture that Brad Stevens is proliferating here in Boston. Although who knows, maybe our Celtic team can win 50+ games this year, Durant and Westbrook start butting heads, then Durant turns his sights elsewhere...*fingers crossed*