Author Topic: Who are the Celtics best three players right now.  (Read 7322 times)

Re: Who are the Celtics best three players right now.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Some people are going off of past history and that's fine but how can you say it based off of what you hope will happen? Those picking Smart isn't based on play but on what we all hope for, the question is "right now" and that's hard to say because we haven't seen Lee or Amir as a Celtic but based on the past, they are better. IT4 is likely 3rd best but I could see other teams passing in him for some of our other players, like Sully for example. Speaking of playoffs, I wouldn't even use that as a measuring stick because everyone was a mess, except for some of our guys on D. Jae might have been our best player in the playoffs but I don't see anyone saying him based on that.

That's all good, but come on pick three players.

I can't, it's not like anyone is much better than the next man. IT4 is clearly better offensively but he isn't better than AB or Smart if you add in offense AND defense. Lee can't defend but based on his past is better offensively than most of our players and IT4 is a better defender. Amir might be our best player but you can't really tell because he was an afterthought on offense with the Raps. Sully has the potential of Lee but never got the minutes bc of stamina and of course he stunk on D (not b/c he is bad at it but b/c of laziness and stamina).

Not only is it hard to say, I really just don't care enough. Anyway, this is something that will just get keep getting bias answers.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Sully
I.T.
TURNER

Don't quit your day-job and go into Basketball Management.  You might have a real short career.

By making this reply, you probably smiled, giggled a little, thought you were clever, hoping someone saw the post and gave you a tommy point to give you some validation. But that feeling will soon subside and you will go back to being who you are.

Anyway, these are the 3 best players for the C's. Danny put it together and he is having an outstanding career.

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
IT

Lee

Turner

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
the 2 interesting things here are that only 2 people didn't include Thomas on there lists and that there is no clear cut second place. its like a 3-5 way battle for next most mentioned with none of them getting close to as high a % of mentions as Thomas.

the topic says right now so for me i would say its Thomas, Bradly and Crowder. i had a really difficult time picking the last 2 as both Turner and Smart are very very close imo.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline M.A.

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
IT, Lee, Johnson.

Then probably: Turner, Smart, Crowder.

What is sort of beautiful is that you can make an argument for anyone on the team to be in the top 3. Yet that is also the main criticism of the Celtics as well.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Smart
Crowder
IT

With so many Celtics not fully developed, or just so unspectacular, I chose according to team value.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 10:21:19 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Crowder, IT, and Lee.  Interesting Subject.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
This is a top three for my boy Triboy.

RJ Hunter, Terry Rozier, and Jordan my man Mickey.

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 11:13:57 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Olynyk
Smart
Crowder

At least those are the three that I hope emerge as our best players by the end of this upcoming season.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 11:21:39 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Smart and IT. After that Crowder or AB. I'm not factoring in the new guys yet as I have no idea how good they really are.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:46 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Thomas
Smart
Sullinger

Crowder catching up

Not including Amir and Lee because they aren't long term pieces.
Who knows if Sully is a long term piece but he's got All Star potential in my opinion, even if it's only a 15-20% chance of him every getting there.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2015, 11:26:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't mind being the driver of the Olynyk bus and having no passengers.  I know I seem like a drooling mad man right now, but when this kid blows up, it's going to be sweet vindication.

. . . or not . . .

Then I'll just continue to appear to be a drooling mad man. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2015, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
1 Isaiah
2 Bradley
3 Lee
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 11:46:13 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Sully
I.T.
TURNER

Don't quit your day-job and go into Basketball Management.  You might have a real short career.

By making this reply, you probably smiled, giggled a little, thought you were clever, hoping someone saw the post and gave you a tommy point to give you some validation. But that feeling will soon subside and you will go back to being who you are.

Anyway, these are the 3 best players for the C's. Danny put it together and he is having an outstanding career.

TP for that response although I disagree with your top 3
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 11:48:57 PM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Zeller and any other two...